(Topic ID: 251236)

Why does IFPA allow preplays in leagues?

By TechnicalSteam

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190924-103704_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VectorGamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

There is no one present to monitor the games or buddy system or anything in our local league.

The league I'm in allows preplays but they have to be done in the presence of another league player. Whether the scores are accurate 100% of the time I have no idea and never made an issue of it. Where I play if someone submits what would be a grand champion score their initials should be on the machine anyway.

The reason they're allowed in the first place is to allow people to participate in league and if something comes up like work or vacation you can use preplays instead of taking a forfeit.

#9 4 years ago

Another Problem with Preplays
    Machines - may not perform the same as when Preplays were completed.
    Example Right Flipper not firing correctly on Day A. but working perfect day b.

True.

I guess you take pinball league pretty seriously then. I just go to drink beer and play pinball.

1 week later
    #23 4 years ago

Especially when your playing 2x people who had preplays. Talk about lame.

One night I was in a 3 player group and the other two players weren't there and had preplays. After two games of playing by myself I told the TD just to use my preplays for my final two games and I left cuz it wasn't any fun.

Yeah that league night sucked. But shit happens like real life. What are you gonna do?

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Disallow preplays completely. Allow x number of dropped scores for when life happens.

Not understanding how that prevents me showing up on league night when nobody else from my group is there.

I was in a bowling league years ago and they had the same rules with pre-bowling. My team would show up and the other team wasn't there. At least in that case we could bowl three games with each other and socialize although it made for a quick night. Playing pinball by yourself on league night sucks though.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is why we don’t play in groups together for our league. 100% play when you can verified by TDS. Finals are played with everyone together.
    In your case the only way to do this is to wait to run groupings until you have rsvps from everyone in the league.

Well in my case this happened only 1 time in the over 3 years that I've played in league. I only mentioned it cuz it was the only thing I agreed with OP that playing by yourself on league night does suck. Otherwise, I think the way our league is organized and run is just fine. Just one of those deals for that night...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VectorGamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-ifpa-allow-preplays-in-leagues-?tu=VectorGamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.