• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Michelle_Rodriguez.jpg
image-34.jpg
DSC02544.JPG
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

vicjw66 said:

The film totally sucked and was a huge ripoff of Dances With Wolves. See the South Park episode entitled "Dances With Smurfs", its classic.

It is way more of a ripoff of Disney's Pocahontas than Dances With Wolves.

See, I thought Avatar was a total rip off (or kids version) of District 9, which I really liked.

#102 12 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Also Batman Forever.

Wow... Do I own every game with more than three ramps? (Other than AFM?) I feel like I should go through the rest of the stuff that I own and see what else is out there...

#103 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It is way more of a ripoff of Disney's Pocahontas than Dances With Wolves.

Try Fern Gully.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#105 12 years ago

Avatar get's a Bad Rep- Cause it Stinks !!!!!!! I finally got to play 1 tonight.. I played 4 games on it and i Will now give it a low Rating... I didn't take any Pict's- but I have a video up-load-n..

#106 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Avatar get's a Bad Rep- Cause it Stinks !!!!!!! I finally got to play 1 tonight.. I played 4 games on it and i Will now give it a low Rating... I didn't take any Pict's- but I have a video up-load-n..

What exactly did you dislike BR? Would be interested in hearing your reasons for disliking it and finding it to be a stinker.

#107 12 years ago

I just got back from spending some quality time on an Avatar LE.

My opinion has changed. I never thought it was a terrible pin, but only thought it was average at best. Today I found it to be a challenging pin, with a lot going for it. Once you know what to shoot for and more importantly, once you start hitting the shots, things really get going. The sound quality and shaker motor really add a lot to the experience.

It grabbed me today. I kept pushing the start button. This was in a private collection with 16 top notch pins available to play, and today it was Avatar that pulled me in (even though I went there to look at a TOTAN).

#108 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just got back from spending some quality time on an Avatar LE.

My opinion has changed. I never thought it was a terrible pin, but only thought it was average at best. Today I found it to be a challenging pin, with a lot going for it.

Thanks Rob for posting this. I think quite a few folks dismiss Avatar or any pin for that matter too quickly. Nice to see an open-minded commentary.

#109 12 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

RobT said:I just got back from spending some quality time on an Avatar LE.
My opinion has changed. I never thought it was a terrible pin, but only thought it was average at best. Today I found it to be a challenging pin, with a lot going for it.
Thanks Rob for posting this. I think quite a few folks dismiss Avatar or any pin for that matter too quickly. Nice to see an open-minded commentary.

Thanks. I always try to keep an open mind. There really is no reason not to. I don't get caught up in the hype of some pins, or the trashing of others. Just call it like I see (and feel) it! I love some B/W pins. I also love some Sterns. I even love a <gasp> Data East pin or two!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-avatar-suck/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.