Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Choose the most important reason for why you attend a pinball show?”

• Casually play new and rare games 98 votes
      59%
    • Participate in the tournament 7 votes
      4%
    • Buy parts from vendors 8 votes
      5%
    • Browse a flea market section 13 votes
      8%
    • Socialize with other pinball enthusiasts 34 votes
      21%
    • Attend seminars 5 votes
      3%

(165 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018expomug (resized).JPG
    2018exmug (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dawezl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Agreed but guys like Ivan have limited funds and space to put on a an event. To find out how they should allocate space, they need to make tough decisions and a poll like this will be super helpful.

Each of the various shows I’ve gone to has something they do REALLY well, and things that aren’t as critical. TPF has a great free play room. VFW has an astounding number of rarities. Allentown has the incredible flea market. Pinburgh is about the tournament. Is it nice when there’s a rarity at Allentown or some cool stuff at the TPF swap meet? Of course! But how will this data give any particular show actionable data? If it averages out that only 1% consider a flea market important, but 95% of the Allentown attendees consider it important, then it would be a mistake for Ivan to cut back on that space allocation.

My recommendation is that show organizers should continue to lean in on the specific things their shows are known for, and just see how to balance out the other parts that people like.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I think it helps from a marketing standpoint. If Allentown is pinball flea market first and foremost it really limits his target audience. It also is going to create disappointed attendees based on how he promotes it. I go to play games. As more people attend but the number of free play games stays the same, I’m going to stop going. It’s a better use of my time and money to do something else. I feel like if he wants to grow the show, based on the responses so far he would severely limit his audience by keeping the flea market at its current prominence. But that’s only if his goal is to grow the number of attendees. If he wants to keep it the same that’s totally cool, but he needs to promote it differently.

Well to that end, perhaps the poll should be more about “Why don’t you attend X pinball show?” I think that might be more useful data for a show organizer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dawezl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-you-attend-pinball-shows?tu=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.