Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B011C526-6C14-4881-BD6A-3BAFBF3F661B.jpeg
C8CA02EE-6D29-4F3A-B83F-60E5D7BBBEB0.jpeg
20161025_183601 (resized).jpg
20170626_200240 (resized).jpg
X-Men (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It has its fans that love it

I'm one. XMLE is my favorite game and has been for a good long while. XM had a bad rap on release (and deservidly so) for crappy code, but that's been sorted out.

XM has great art featuring a real backglass (something not seen again with a Stern till AS), it's an inverted Tron layout with an extra shot, the dots are great, the music is great, the playfield is LOADED with toys that interact with the ball (seriously, Stern doesn't make games with this many features any longer), the game has many different stratigies to employ in tourney settings (there is no "just keep bashing the castle and you'll get alot of points" strat that makes it unfun in a tourney)...etc, etc, etc.

X-Men (resized).jpgX-Men (resized).jpg

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The way you start everything in X-Men is by hitting the thing you want multiple times.

Yea, hit Cyclops twice when no other mode is lit to start him. You must be an amazing tree chopper to knock something down with two hits...

XMen is the opposite of chopping wood, it's very easy to start and complete modes. There are a lot of modes. Transformers is chopping wood (hit Starscream five times to start then seven times to finish...).

As for the XMen villains, they actually make a lot of sense how they move the shots around to finish based on the comic history. You want to beat Jug? Well, get his helmet off through the not psi people then hit Prof X to mind blast him. Unlike AC/DC that moves shots around in modes with no logic tie in to the actual band (just random), XM is concise with why shots move.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

You make a good point. Probably because I'm not into the theme, I never had much fun doing what you're describing.
Like I said, it shoots and flows great. That, and wanting to understand how to play it, is why I got it. Once I had it, it never won me over with anything beyond how it shoots. It's far from the worst game I've ever played, but it didn't live up to the hidden gem hype for me.
In case you think it's because I suck at pinball or something, I can assure you I do not suck at pinball. Only mentioning it because that's among the things I'd be wondering if someone couldn't get into a game I really enjoyed.

Yea, I get it. Theme is huge in pinball. If you love a theme you are more prone to enjoy a game based on that theme. Disliking a theme can make one not like an great game.

Im an X-Men fan and have been for years. Certainly helps me like the game more than I would if I was not an X-Men fan.

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I still counted 15-17 NIB every week on Ebay. Can't recall any game from Stern where that has happened.

They aren't there now. Regardless, you'd see many more than that of other titles for sale if Stern built their entire run of some other games like Mustang or WWE. Transformers had a boat load for sale for years and it's still easy to get TF LE NIB.

BBH, TRS, WOF, Avengers LE or Avatar LE are really games nobody wants and rates the best. X-Men has a lot of fans. Heck X-Men nearly beat Spider-Man in a recent pinside poll - lost 50% to 45%. XM has a lot of people that love it.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I def want one but can't decide between it or a Spider Man VE

Here was a recent thread comparing the two titles. Considering how many more of the voters likely own a SM than an XM (since so many more SMs were made), I view the poll as a resounding victory for XM.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-vault-vs-xmen-magneto-edition

11 months later
#196 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I ended up buying an extremely low play Magnito for a very good price (since they were 6 plus K NIB). My thoughts are this game is a great buy for people that like strategy games , deep rules that has a lot of shots. Two mods are a MUST!

Congrats on getting an XM. As I’ve said before this is a great and massively under appreciated game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-x-mens-not-sell?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.