Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B011C526-6C14-4881-BD6A-3BAFBF3F661B.jpeg
C8CA02EE-6D29-4F3A-B83F-60E5D7BBBEB0.jpeg
20161025_183601 (resized).jpg
20170626_200240 (resized).jpg
X-Men (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevevt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

It's complete shit. I've owned an LE twice. What a mistake trying it again. You are better off trying a TF Pro.
Packed with features and yes the Magneto looks awesome.
You will hear many complain about the shitty voices, and that's because they are in fact shitty.

I owned a Pro and enjoyed it for a while, but it's nowhere near as good as games like Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Man, or Walking Dead.

The callouts are terrible, and the whole thing is an undisguised wood-chop fest with no fun at the end of the woodchopping.

It shoots great, and if the theme is a big plus for you I can understand the appeal.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The only wood chopping period is hitting the standups on the lower side to qualify Hellfire and Brotherhood. Unless you're just saying that every mode in pinball is chopping wood, in which case then you would be correct.

The way you start everything in X-Men is by hitting the thing you want multiple times. If you don't see the lack of imagination there and are happy to play along without getting bored, more power to you. Magneto is actually a nice exception, and I think the only one. It still leads to a boring, grindy, un-fun multiball.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

That's how metallica is too.

I called X-Men undisguised woodchopping with not a lot of fun at the end of the woodchopping.

The woodchopping in Metallica is artfully disguised, and leads to lots of fun stuff.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, hit Cyclops twice when no other mode is lit to start him. You must be an amazing tree chopper to knock something down with two hits...
XMen is the opposite of chopping wood, it's very easy to start and complete modes. There are a lot of modes. Transformers is chopping wood (hit Starscream five times to start then seven times to finish...).
As for the XMen villains, they actually make a lot of sense how they move the shots around to finish based on the comic history. You want to beat Jug? Well, get his helmet off through the not psi people then hit Prof X to mind blast him. Unlike AC/DC that moves shots around in modes with no logic tie in to the actual band (just random), XM is concise with why shots move.

You make a good point. Probably because I'm not into the theme, I never had much fun doing what you're describing.

Like I said, it shoots and flows great. That, and wanting to understand how to play it, is why I got it. Once I had it, it never won me over with anything beyond how it shoots. It's far from the worst game I've ever played, but it didn't live up to the hidden gem hype for me.

In case you think it's because I suck at pinball or something, I can assure you I do not suck at pinball. Only mentioning it because that's among the things I'd be wondering if someone couldn't get into a game I really enjoyed.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is an opinion thread. People don't always share the same opinion. I'll never understand the need for some people to slam PEOPLE for slamming pins.

Furthermore, this thread is asking, "Why does this game suck?"

You won't see me wandering into the X-Men Is Awesome thread telling those people why they're wrong. It's not constructive. But here we are in a "What's wrong with the game" thread, so that's the whole point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevevt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-x-mens-not-sell?tu=stevevt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.