Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B011C526-6C14-4881-BD6A-3BAFBF3F661B.jpeg
C8CA02EE-6D29-4F3A-B83F-60E5D7BBBEB0.jpeg
20161025_183601 (resized).jpg
20170626_200240 (resized).jpg
X-Men (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Where's Rarehero at? He'll soon tell you why it's no good (many, many times) lol!

I wasn't gonna say shit, but you had to go and Beetlejuice me.

The market speaks for itself. He game sits cuz it's a piece of shit. The toys are shit. The voices are shit. The rules are shit. And this shit with RD calling me out, unprovoked, for having an opinion on a shit game I owned and had tons of experience with, is the type of shit that will have me deactivating soon.

Shit.

Have fun when it's all sycophants cradling each other's balls.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!!

You know deep down you love it.
Now, I need to go find a Hobbit thread to tell everyone how much I hate that POS.
rd

Trolls gonna troll.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I will never understand the inherit need for some people to slam pins.

This is an opinion thread. People don't always share the same opinion. I'll never understand the need for some people to slam PEOPLE for slamming pins.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Probably the same stern employee voicing both Beast and Hulk.

No. Not even remotely. Whoever is playing Beast is not an actor. For whatever reason, Marvel provided voices for every character in X-Men except Beast and Storm. Stern did that themselves, and they stand out like a sore thumb. Marvel provided all the Avengers voices (pretty sure one guy did all the voices except Widow) - Hulk sounds fine & is the best voice in Avengers, along with Loki and Thor. The rest are "meh"...they don't match their movie counterparts, but aren't as ear gratingly awful as Beast.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

For those that think the XM voices are 'not up to par', what pins do you think have adequate voicing

Literally every other game that exists.

BDK is pretty bad too. Stern tends to falter when doing 100% "original" casting (no actors from the license). Oh wait, 24 had Chloe and that was THE WORST. lol.

They had a pretty good track record with high quality voices on licensed games, tho - Simpsons, Family Guy, LOTR, Spidey, Avatar...even Shrek & POTC, which had sound-alikes, were well done.

People think "acting is easy" but you know/hear bad acting when it's in front of you. Maybe Tommy Wiseau played Beast lol. "Oh hai Storm".

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

How is it you of all people don't know it's Waison Cheng as Shittybeast. Or are you just playing dumb?

To my knowledge he directed it, but it wasn't his performance.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Storm sounds exactly like the storm from the animated series-

Not at all. It's an attempt to sound like that...but by a horrible "actress" who has a very shrill voice and cannot act well. Like Beast, it's also mixed poorly and doesn't fit with the sound package.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

again, sorry, but this is player fault !
i admit the shoot is tricky, but just play better and you'll get it (as lot others shoots between bumpers)

Only if it's set up to the millimeter in a way where it isn't in the way of the Beast shot, Xavier shot, letting balls get stuck on it, or getting hit by the Ice ramp. Wolverine has to be attached SO specifically for it to not screw up SOMETHING, and even when he is - due to the materials, he's gonna get loose or tear on the back - especially on location. Every Xmen I've seen on location, he's leaning over into the pop bumper shot and you literally cannot make it.

I went thru 3 Wolverines when I had the game - cuz he would keep sagging or tearing on his back where he was attached.

BTW - that reminds me of something - Wolverine has a light bulb in his head - but the plastic is too opaque and you can't see it lighting up. One more insane design decision on this game lol ....

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

still dont understand why using "thumbs down" when we are sharing talks friendly & exposing our points of view... bah !

It's easier to hit a button to disagree than to respond to every statement. If you don't like upvotes/downvotes, it's a function you can turn off in Pinside's settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-x-mens-not-sell?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.