(Topic ID: 314775)

Why do we still need coin mechs in doors??

By PinballGalore

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should coin door mechs still be default on new games?”

• I’d rather get more goodies 13 votes
      7%
    • I’d rather see something else in that freed up space 8 votes
      4%
    • It ain’t pinball without one 157 votes
      83%
    • I couldn’t care 11 votes
      6%

(189 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

65719108-4C86-4DDA-8947-9FE6C595533A (resized).jpeg
    coin door fridge (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    horny goat weed (resized).JPG
    2DEE5215-8298-4EA0-9EF9-38CA91182D0D (resized).jpeg
    20220504_180559 (resized).jpg
    20220504_175937 (resized).jpg
    c.gif
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    F44F3298-3D66-42D4-B254-C0EC7E709C89 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuukka.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago

Some of us like to set the game for coins even if it is at home. Kinda enhances the feeling

#15 1 year ago

Probably, if you try to sell a game without coin slots, people think about stripped down "home" games and refuse the offer even though the game is a full version. But in current prices, an extra $100 for the coin mechs and proper coin door does not contribute much to total price.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Only problem right now with coin drop is the rapid inflation
    .25 cents is not what it once was

There are lots of coin op games outside USA... in Europe we have 20c-50c-1e-2e coins and coin slots accepting all those. So inflation has not hit that bad, we don't need a pocketful of 20c coins to play.

#84 1 year ago

Yes. For various reasons, operator wants to keep the earning data private.

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from GregCon:

Digital currency - in fact, the computer chip itself - will spell the death of mankind. Yet people welcome it with open arms....

You do realize there have been "computer chips" in pinballs since 1977, and all around your home today? Last time I counted, there are well over 200 microprocessors in my various home appliances and car.

#134 1 year ago

Hey now. You pay $8000 for a "limited edition" pinball. How much do you think the price would be lowered if the coin mechs were left out, even if you never need them? Would you leave out the coin mechs for $7900?

For me, a pinball machine is a coin operated game whether it is an EM or a modern game. It seems absurd for a pinball to be without coin slots and coin mechs. But then, I am an old fart having always paid cash for play, whether a pinball or jukebox. Mobile phone or credit card games - not for me in pinball. Maybe OK in video games...

#136 1 year ago

Point taken.

Not having to empty coin boxes frequently means less visits to routed games, and also lesser chance for the bad guys to rob your coin box. But also less visits to clean playfield and do routine maintenance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuukka.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-we-still-need-coin-doors?tu=Tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.