Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Micky
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RavenBg (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

I grew up in the 80's and 90's and loved hitting the local arcade, but almost exclusively played vids at the time. Not sure why, I think with pinball I was basically too cheap/poor - quarters were precious and pins were generally more to play, and I didn't take the opportunity to learn and get good enough to give them much of a shot. I don't remember really playing any pinball until I randomly started getting interested in pins a couple years ago.

Pretty sure what really got me interested was stumbling onto a PAPA tutorial video on YouTube with Bowen, (think it may have been MM) and getting pulled into all pinball had to offer by his frankly masterful display. For me the draw now is the battle to control the ball, the lights and sound of pinball, the physics and unpredictable nature of what the ball can do next is really interesting. Ramps and targets are just plain fun to hit. Now the thrill of the chase to acquire another game (I've only had a few so far) is a draw, as is learning to do maintenance and "project" pins.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkopf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-we-love-pinball-so-much?tu=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.