(Topic ID: 206344)

Why Do We Buy NIB LE Games Instaed Of A Base Model?

By whthrs166

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is it ok for a manufacturer to sell over the counter special features/upgrades from an LE game after building”

• Yes, all options on the list for an LE game should be available to everyone else with the lower class game. (except the number) 24 votes
      19%
    • No, LE means that whatever is advertised on the LE game list (making it an LE) is for LE purchases only. 58 votes
      47%
    • Maybe, some minor items should be available, but there should alaways be a distinquishing feature for LE only 33 votes
      27%
    • Doesn't matter I just buy an LE because I think it is a good deal. 9 votes
      7%

(124 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Used-2004-Toyota-Sienna-LE (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 6 years ago

The only LE I have is Kiss. It has the best art package. Dream theme for me as I am a huge Kiss fan so I was LE all the way. Unless it’s a dream theme Premium is the next option. LE should ALWAYS have features/art unique to that model only. There has to be something to set it apart to make it limited.

But I have to say LE is not always the best...MoPLE is UGLY AS HELL!!! The cabinet art does not go with the playfield. As much as I love Master of Puppets it just doesn’t work. The road case Premium is probably the real LE....wonder what the actual number of those produced is...

But let’s be honest, by today’s production numbers every new game is limited. I have no inside knowledge but I bet AC/DC may be the only modern game to come close to selling over 5,000 games. That’s nothing when you think about some older titles having 15-20K made.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Good point, but a lot of these new games are still being made with no end in sight or brought back as VE or an SE or special collectors edition....
    It can get outta hand in a hurry!

Good point but it seems each VE run is getting shorter and shorter. So not enough to effect the production numbers by a large amount.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-we-buy-nib-le-games-instaed-of-a-base-model?tu=Pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.