(Topic ID: 165957)

Why do some people say TWD has the best code?

By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6a00d83452989a69e201a73e1440ad970d_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multibrawlr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

The game to me has hints of other Borg titles like MET, TRON and XMEN, but combines a lot of those features into one package. The code feels like it's relatively easy for newcomers to pick up -- just bash away at Prison/Well Walker for multiball, or shoot lit crosshairs to kill Walkers. At the same time the game offers so much more to experts, with Dead Features, Walker Bombs and tons of strategic opportunities like 2X scoring and the shot multipliers, along with tons of wizard modes. It might not be as beginner-friendly as other games, but I do believe there's at least something for newbies to shoot for.

Quoted from gripwhip:

Couldn't Stern sell a new lockdown bar for the Pro with a button and add walker bombs to the Pro code? I would be in.

That's the one thing I've been wishing the Pro had in the first place-- walker bombs. I'd be up for that too, but I think Stern won't do it because it might divert customers' incentives away from purchasing Premiums. But you never know. They probably want to keep it an "exclusive" feature. That's kind of why you don't see Daft Punk Multiball from TRON LE on the TRON Pro.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multibrawlr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-some-people-say-twd-has-the-best-code?tu=multibrawlr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.