Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 3 years ago

Just being honest here and I have been on the site for years now. I have tried to buy 10 games in the last month with no luck because I like to ship games. I hate driving and the thought of driving 10+ hours for a pinball machine makes me just not want the game. I enjoy pinball but not that much. I finally found what I was looking for within a 3 hour drive and sent my son to pick it up. I dont really understand the NO ship thing. Once you get the money via wire or whatever and it clears who gives a crap. A lot of these guys do not want to answer 500 questions about the game and just want a easy sell and they see your new and just ignore the possible headache.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I reviewed your profile and your ad. Here are my thoughts.
    1. You’ve only been a member for three days. New members when buying pins have a expectation that when they buy a pin the seller will help them with repairs down the road. Not true. Part of this hobby is learning to do your own repairs.
    2. You’re wanting to pay what I think is a reasonable price for a 7 year old pin, but because it’s a top 10 pin in most polls, most people want $6800-7000.
    3. Since the pin in question is in high demand, why would I as a seller want to sell at a low price to a new buyer when I can easily sell to fellow local collectors who’ll pay cash and you want to pay via PayPal or other online payment.
    4. Change your ad and say that you’ll be willing to pick up within x miles.
    5. Find pinball locations near you that are open and visit them. Meet fellow pinheads and start networking.
    6. When we’re past covid pinball leagues will start up again. Join a local league as it’s a great way to network. Most pins are sold by word of mouth, not on CL, FB, etc.
    7. There’s a local seller in Atlanta with a Metallica Monsters premium for $6900. If you’re willing to pick it up in person and pay cash on the glass I can put you in touch with him.

7. I bought this game last weekend unless there is another for 6900 in Atlanta

#23 3 years ago

Looks like jerzyrob is willing to ship so not sure what happened there. MET premium is a great first pin. Lots going on and will keep your interest for a while.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can explain this to you, because I understand it. Shipping a pin is a royal pain in the ass. I do ship pins, and have many times. But I shrinkwrap the hell out of it and have to cut cardboard to pad the corners of everything and make sure everything is secured down tight. Sound easy? It's not. It takes a couple of hours to do it correctly, and some guys would rather just wheel the f**king thing out to somebody's car and be done with it.

Dude, I have been around for a while. I have shipped probably 25 games at least. Buyer sets it up, shipping company sets appt, shipping company calls 30 minutes prior to pickup, shipping company shows up and wraps game. SUPER EASY! I do not pallet or take game to a terminal unless they pay lots of extra money.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-sellers-ignore-new-members?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.