Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Just being honest here and I have been on the site for years now. I have tried to buy 10 games in the last month with no luck because I like to ship games.

Most sellers even on pinside think if they ship, they have to palletize. Unless they ship stuff for a living, most people aren't going to want to deal with that. Not to mention most don't have pallets or straps laying around.

That's usually the first question I ask. along with -
    I'll set the shipping up, I just need them to coordinate a pick up time with the company. That they don't need to do anything, besides be there. As soon as it leaves their house, any possible damage is on me. I know I'm taking a risk by shipping and not buying in person. Surprisingly half or less of the people I've dealt with even on pinside have ever used STI.

There are certain games that are impossible to get locally, and for 400 bucks vs. a 8 -20 hour drive, I'll pay the 400 every time.
    The majority of the time the seller is cool with it, unless they are really against shipping for whatever reason. Out of the 20 or so used games I've shipped with them, I've only had a bent leg.

Obviously it's cheaper if you can get them to palletize and ship to a terminal, but the chances of that are slim to none. You also have a chance of a dumbass hitting the game with a forklift.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-sellers-ignore-new-members?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.