Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider completist.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 3 years ago

We were all new at one point, and had to start collecting somehow. So i don’t automatically assume that a new pinsider is a scammer. But that said they will have to convince me they are not. If i have something for sale and they want to make a roadtrip to pick it up then all is good. If i post an ad and the first response i get is from someone who joined that day and wants it shipped thats a huge red flag. I will always reply and be polite and respectful buy won’t be shipping anything.

Its more than being scammed. Its also that new collectors may have a different expectations about condition. And unreasonable expectations lead to dissatisfaction and pinside bitch threads or leaving shitty feedback. I like many here work hard to build good reputations. not just through buying and selling but also from within the discussion/tech support forum threads. I’m not willing to jeopardize that for Pinball Karen.

I’d rather someone new come and see it, play test it and verify it is as described. I will take the time to answer any questions, and explain everything I know about the machine.

#43 3 years ago

I do not have any issue shipping per se. People who ship dont want to get F’d. So they want a secure form of payment that isnt going to be held or taken back. But here’s the rub. BUYERS want the same thing. So are reluctant to use a method they feel doesnt protect them as they are worried they are the ones who are going to get taken. A seller wants cash, wire transfer, check (and wait for their bank to tell them the funds actually cleared). Don’t even get me started on paypal F&F. If you think that is secure you are fooling yourself.

Buyers are more reluctant to agree to that. They want to use paypal of zelle or other methods whose payment terms are not advantageous to the seller. If you have never read their terms and conditions i really encourage you to do so.

As for the bazillion questions from a newb comments - Its not surprising this happens when you think about it. Go watch any youtube video on advise for buying a pinball machine. Someone needs to make an honest one - act fast bring cash and don’t fuck around as there is someone else who is prepared to do just that right behind you!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider completist.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-sellers-ignore-new-members?tu=completist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.