Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
    pinballgirl (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    vhsbeta (resized).png
    giphy (5).gif
    11alphabits (resized).jpg
    1367487-telepathy (resized).jpg
    482d1cb2215bcaa255baca5e4649ed4c (resized).jpg
    grc (resized).jpg
    ugly man (resized).jpg
    B0168871-9AE8-4D7E-AE3C-04E8520B8BCF.PNG
    AF17668D-9BB3-40A7-9881-97631D0DB4A0.JPG
    image.png
    8204497A-92EC-49A3-B6C2-54D9F29742CE.JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    joke (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trunchbull.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 7 years ago

Oh! Oh! Because they beat the games, not their wives? Women, amirite? doho ho ho ho!!! why don't more women play pinball i don't g

#253 7 years ago

I prefer pinball guys who get guys. Much cuter. Why haven't there been any gay pinball machines?

#255 7 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Because they are just machines?

Hey, I met a VERY friendly Funhouse once...

#265 7 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

New Pinside band: BlondeTall and the Shitbags. Really??? Sad to see people who are a big part of the pinball community bashing other people who are a big part of the pinball community. There is soooooo much more to Pinside than a few questionable threads. It is what you want it to be. If you want tech help, find a tech help thread. If you want to be in a discussion about the next rumored machine, find that thread. If you want to avoid any thread that could possibly offend someone, than avoid those threads. What I hate more than anything else is people bashing people. Wow. Angry people make me unhappy. Play some pinball and stop insulting each other.

You seem...angry. Offended, even.

#274 7 years ago

I'm lucky that most pinball dudes are my type, gives me something to ogle while waiting in line at conventions.

#506 7 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

There is. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lgbt-friendly-zone#post-3314227
    Being in the basement is *not* a punishment. Simply mean you cannot see it without being logged in.
    Some of my favorite threads are basement threads.

So why is it in the basement, aka the "risque" subforum? Are LGBT people "risque"?

#513 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think she will end up with 2 before the night is done.

Hey, men can wear pearls too

#628 7 years ago

Hey, the bigger the better - I like having something to hold on to.

#630 7 years ago

I stood in line at the NW Pinball Show for Big Lebowski behind a dude who must've been 6'4 and like 400lbs. I wasn't sure what to look at, the game or him. If you've got the right taste, a lot of pinball guys are pretty hunky.

#639 7 years ago

Trunch, as in Trunchbull, as in the villain in Roald Dahl's Matilda. She's awesome.

Quoted from Playmatic:

If it's too personal you don't have to respond. Are you a guy or a gal, Trunch? Either way, totally dig all your posts.

I'm a dude, haha.

#643 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

My boyfriend works out, he's got a rockin' 6-pack/beer belly mix.
    What do you call that? A 6-pack covered by a 6-pack?

Hot?

#670 7 years ago

She's a girl.

#674 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Actually Brice Jenner is a guy that got his twig and berries cut off, wears a dress and calls himself a woman. He is not a woman.

She is a woman. She's an asshole, but she's a woman.

#676 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Do a DNA test. It's a guy.

Nah, sorry.

#681 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Lol. I just can't fathom why someone would insist that some nut that gets his junk cut off and wears a dress is actually a woman. The dude is in no way a woman call him a transsexual if you want but he is still a he just without equipment.

Yikes.

#693 7 years ago

Who cares? Your genitals do not define who you are. Someone's gender is not your business.

#714 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

No,sorry. This is where you guys go off the reservation. You are taking apathy and calling it bigotry. You see I don't give two shits what they do. If a guy wants to cut off his shit and drill a hole and take hormones and grow tits I don't care. Let him do it. If I see him on the streets I will shake my head and go about my business. You are the one with your panties all in a knot about someone's rights or watever that doesn't concern you. Let them do whatever the hell they do but don't try to convince me that it is normal or that just because the guy thinks he is a woman or wants to be woman or looks like a woman that he is a woman. You see it's called TOLERANCE, which means I tolerate something. I tolerate it and go about my business and don't let it affect me. I don't have to accept it, kiss its ass or accept it as right or a fact.

Oof, yikes.

#823 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

The problem is that the list of "Things Which Must Not Be Said" is ridiculously large, unpredictable, and eternally growing.

Like what? Gimme some examples. You must be bursting with them.

#825 7 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

The words "mother" and "father" are two examples that come to my mind. Basically any word that has been replaced by a soft euphemism over the last 30 years.

Any others, besides "mother and father" (which I've never heard of)?

#828 7 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Were you raised in an orphanage? Mother is the female parent and father is the male parent.
    Oh, wait, orphanage is one of the words we are talking about.

I mean, what have "mother" and "father" been replaced with? I think "orphanage" has fallen out of use partially due to cultural association and also because of the foster system. I don't think we really have orphanages like we used to (aka "Annie-esque"), either, it's more about group homes and shelters.

#833 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

If you want to be honest there are lots of reason why pinball has more males then anything else. Men are crazy about hobbies. We all have tons of them. Men love to tinker and fix things. Men love mechanical things and taking things apart and putting them back together. Men love to collect things. And the list can go on and on. It's not all that different then classic cars. Sure there are women involved in both hobbies but both are men dominated. Hobbies like that are geared towards how our brains work. It would be like asking why is scrap booking so damn women dominated. Where are the men made quilts?

It's all social and has nothing to do with mental chemistry. Plenty of women love cars and mechanics, but right from the very start we're very specifically laying out for them the "this or that" of gender. Boys get tool sets, girls get dolls. Boys wear blue, girls wear pink. Why? It's an irrational and entirely made-up set of rules ("blue and pink" is a recent invention, too) that has nothing to do with anything besides the pre-decided cultural norms. Plenty of men quilt and plenty of women tinker, and if we weren't constantly telling children that one thing is bad and the other is good because they have a penis or a vagina then we'd have way more equality in jobs and hobbies.

The briefest summary of this is when my supervisor told our manager she was hiring a male housekeeper, and our manager, a guy, scoffed and said "that's interesting, but okay". Why is housekeeping necessarily a woman's job? What about changing a bed and vacuuming is "for women"? It's all made up.

#858 7 years ago

What even is there to discuss about the topic?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trunchbull.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-pinball-guys-all-get-girls?tu=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.