Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
    pinballgirl (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    vhsbeta (resized).png
    giphy (5).gif
    11alphabits (resized).jpg
    1367487-telepathy (resized).jpg
    482d1cb2215bcaa255baca5e4649ed4c (resized).jpg
    grc (resized).jpg
    ugly man (resized).jpg
    B0168871-9AE8-4D7E-AE3C-04E8520B8BCF.PNG
    AF17668D-9BB3-40A7-9881-97631D0DB4A0.JPG
    image.png
    8204497A-92EC-49A3-B6C2-54D9F29742CE.JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    joke (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 7 years ago

Group:

This is the type of thread that if you don't like, just drain it. Don't make a big drama filled exit, just drain and move along. If you want to advocate for the closure of this thread, do so in a mod feedback thread. Any more advocating for the closing of the thread in the thread itself (and not in a feedback thread or a modzone report) will get you moderated and tossed out of this thread without further warning.

Thanks.

#291 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

...and I sincerely doubt Molly's version of Robin's response.

LOL. Good call. Molly's version of her conversation with Robin has no relation to reality. She is just making up a story for whatever reason.

#383 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Adult women are not helpless, but lets be honest... a guy has a better chance of fighting off a mob of women than a woman trying to fight off a mob of men.

And a female alone is a more tempting target for a mugger or other miscreient. Walking around the French Quarter all the time, I assure you the thugs there don't look for guys or even couples as targets, they look for a single woman walking around.

Saying a female is generally safer with her husband/boyfriend when out and about seems so obvious to me it's usually not worth mentioning. Clearly, though, in this thread if you say you want to protect "your wife" your being sexist...this is one of the weirder threads I've encountered on Pinside in some time.

I'm a well traveled guy... I don't want the US to end up like England where if you are a comedian and say some type of joke that "offends" people (who are looking for reasons to be offended) you literally risk a fine and potential arrest. Seems many here wish we were there already...

#483 7 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

intolerant assholes

Quoted from cait001:

sjws" is some nonsense made by up people that didn't want to confront that times changed and they didn't. The people that use it are the kinds of folks who would post screeds up on reddit because their company told them they could no longer joke about coworkers breasts.

The people who I've seen use the phrase SJW in this thread are not the ones calling people intolerant assholes or shitbags.

#485 7 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

comedian who has been fined for telling a joke that offends people, or arrested?
    Is this coming from the same source that led a certain US politician to state that parts of London are not safe for white policemen to go in and is a lawless city run by extremists?

I do not recall the comedians name. This was in 2009 or thereabouts as I recall. Check out the Green Book published by the BBC some time back with their criteria for BBC though.

#533 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Wanting to protect your loved ones isn't the issue - it's ASSUMING they need it. The fact that a moderator can't see the point I was making really highlights the main issue.

Okay, so you are saying a single female is safer and less likely to have a miscreient bother her while walking around in the French Quarter solo than with her husband/boyfriend?

I understand your point, your just wrong and your unfair characterization of Iceman was likewise wrong.

#556 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

decade, heck, century your living in. While I have only attended pinball events and shows over the last 10 years I have never observed any such behavior.... And its not because I wouldn't see any issue with it because I would. The type of behavior you are describing I last saw in the late 80's / early 90's of the 20th century.
    Come join us in the 21st century, were much more accepting here.

Agreed. I hosted a project pinball event just a few weeks ago. We proudly had five female participants (and had about as many more as guests that did not play in the tourney). If any of them expressed any of the events Fantasy Goat described the offending male would have been immediately kicked out of the house and shamed throughout or small community.

I've never seen any of the conduct Fantast Goat describes and PavBall and I host substantial parties with our machines probably half a dozen times a year.

#565 7 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Not entirely correct Mr. TigerLaw. I do think some guys when explaining the rules to ladies may explain them differently than they would to one of the guys.
    Possibly this is because a lot of the ladies are less seasoned in pinball in general but I always roll my eyes when I ask about the rules of a machine and a guy acts like I've never played pinball before, which absolutely happens.

Fair enough. I was addressing Fantasy Goat's more egregious allegations of unwanted physical contact, but sure...I can accept that some males are condescending when explaining game rules to females they don't know.

#569 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You guys are amazing for doing it and I hope to get to an event soon! What a great group, awesome pinball reps.

You would be a welcomed guest any time. Open invitation.

Quoted from iceman44:Pavball gets coolest pinball chick award

Absolutely.

#571 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

The OP is a woman? Are you sure?

Yes, the OP is a female. Confirmed.

#821 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I don't care if people use "dick" as a derogatory term because dudes are in a position of privilege in Western society and none of them actually feel demeaned by the term. Any that claim to are only doing so in order to construct disingenuous attacks on feminism. Be honest.

In "Western society"? What does that mean exactly? Things are better for females in the Middle East, Africa, or Japan and we are just behind the times in the US? I'm really curious what your point is here as I don't get it.

I was called a shitbag earlier in this thread by a lady I've never met for no good reason. No one likes being called any name that is meant to be derogatory, ever. An insult is an insult, all of them suck. Best to just move past them though and not hold grudges wherever possible.

#850 7 years ago

Gang, we are going to assume pez did not see Xerico's post till after he posted his final response. Do not respond further. Everyone has had their say already.

Take this thread back on topic. Thanks.

#856 7 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Time for everyone to get back on topic.
    Move the "discussions" to PM.
    And in case anyone needs it to be crystal clear, continued off topic discussions will result in thread ejections.
    Marcus

Quoting for new page in case people missed it at end of prior page. This instruction stands.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-pinball-guys-all-get-girls?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.