Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
    pinballgirl (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    vhsbeta (resized).png
    giphy (5).gif
    11alphabits (resized).jpg
    1367487-telepathy (resized).jpg
    482d1cb2215bcaa255baca5e4649ed4c (resized).jpg
    grc (resized).jpg
    ugly man (resized).jpg
    B0168871-9AE8-4D7E-AE3C-04E8520B8BCF.PNG
    AF17668D-9BB3-40A7-9881-97631D0DB4A0.JPG
    image.png
    8204497A-92EC-49A3-B6C2-54D9F29742CE.JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    joke (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#328 7 years ago

Here we go again, let's make sure we tell everybody how to think and what to say.

Trying to squelch a conversation about "girls and pinball", is annoying and offensive in and of itself.

As always, feel free to look away. Heaven forbid you are exposed to such childish behavior.

#356 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

take Kayluh's post above, for example. obviously not a post designed to get a positive response, but a perfect example of someone who has clearly been alienated and frustrated by a community that has shown little interest in making her feel welcome.

The foul mouthed trucker language I'm cool with though.

Maybe we can buy her several rounds of shots at the next show to make her feel welcome. Take the edge off a bit.

#358 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I don't think anyone wants to control what you think or say, they're just asking you think about what you're saying and how it might be taken by people less privileged than you are.

Wtf does what anybody is saying have to do with how its taken by "less privileged" people. I don't get it.

I'm a redneck hillbilly and i have many friends in "low places". Because that is where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away.

I'll protect my girls because I love them, would do anything for them and believe that family and friends are what its all about in life.

This thing has gone way off the rails!

#412 7 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Maybe all the mods got sick of being in the impossible position of making anyone happy,

It's just not possible to make "everyone" happy.

Different people, different walks of life, different attitudes. It is what it is. And whatever it is, ain't too bad.

#488 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

And it's weird that you bring up diversity. Look around this place. It is what, 95%+ straight white males? Any actual interest in diversity starts with the question of why so few other types of people stop by and even fewer stick around. There is one type of voice that is overwhelmingly over represented here, and all others are told to learn to like it or go elsewhere. That's the exact opposite of fostering diversity.
    Just my opinion, of course. And I try hard to express it within the bounds of Pinside rules and without personally attacking other posters. But that doesn't mean I am in favor of "tolerating all viewpoints" or whatever.

No offense Pez but the world doesn't have "foster diversity" 24/7. People congregate and get involved with things they like to do, like pinball.

There isn't a secret nefarious code by the "vocal majority" to keep certain people out. People are here because of pinball and their personalities will come out. If you don't like it, that's tough titty for you. I don't mind what you or anybody else has to say because i respect your opinion to voice it.

The "diversity" police are the ones that perpetuate the problems of the past by constantly bringing it up, over and over again.

Things don't change overnight, its generational.

#497 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

this is a problem right here right now, not in the past.

Quoted from pezpunk:

this is a problem right here right now, not in the past.
    but yes, there is a generational element. i think younger people are a lot more willing to entertain the idea that they're hurting other types of people, and better at not thinking of "straight white male" as the "default" type of person for whom the world should be tailored.

The world is "tailored" to anybody and everybody. It's littered with success stories of all sorts of people with different backgrounds, race, diversity, etc. No excuses

Is it perfect? No. I go with the flow, and try not to take myself too seriously. I like getting along with everybody, including you.

I have the ability to listen and see both sides of the issues, some people are simply closed minded to anything other than what they believe.

#515 7 years ago

I don't like labels so "don't label me bro".

I don't fit into one category. I'm a little bit of everything

If I were to walk into a "gay and lesbian" bar I wouldn't expect everybody to stop what they were doing or how they think and demand that they should be "more accepting and inviting" to a more diverse group of people.

But I'd get along with anybody, just the way I am

More people should just try to get along, take the Judgey McJudge pants off

#544 7 years ago

I didn't delete my post. It's how I feel.

The idea that I view my wife and children as "property" is f Ing Bizarre to me.

I would do anything for them which includes "protect"

#546 7 years ago

All the women I observe from show pics, tourneys, comments etc. all seem to love being involved.

Maybe a few disgruntled females but the a hole/disgruntled males FAR outweigh the extreme minority of negative females

#553 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I'm sure none of the guys who did those things saw a problem with it either.

I have a big problem with anybody mistreating a woman, on any level, and I'd confront anybody that i saw doing it.

There are a hole losers that don't act right everywhere. Saw an older man tap his waitress on the butt and asked the young girl what she was doing later.

She handled it great, told him she was going to the nursing home and she'd see him there later.

Most women can deal with that stuff, my girls can certainly handle themselves.

The Op started a thread after not posting much, I think she is having fun, hopefully posts and gets involved more in the future.

Believe me, more discussion from women would be a welcome change!

#558 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've never seen any of the conduct Fantast Goat describes and PavBall and I host substantial parties with our machines probably half a dozen times a year.

You guys are amazing for doing it and I hope to get to an event soon! What a great group, awesome pinball reps. Pavball gets coolest pinball chick award.

#578 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When I lived with my daughters mom, it was all her stuff except in the garage. Made it a lot easier for me when it came time to go.

Doesn't matter whether you are coming or going, all of my stuff including the pinball machines are in the garage. Everything else is theirs.

I'm playing my GBLE, hanging out, and plowing the frost off of a few cold ones. In my garage.

#588 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

here is a more passionate one.

Ha! M f ing Silverballz. Man, I have to give him much more respect now. Thought he was just a whiner! Kick his ass and keep him in line playmatic.

#590 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

He gets spotted at another pin event several months later and all that happens is someone sees him and posts a picture they took of him. Ooohhhhh......

Was it that older dorky dude that nobody seemed to be able to find? Hat, shorts and white tube socks?

#598 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

One person in the Tilt Forums took exception to someone holding the door open for them.

F that, not only would I hold the door open for all women, I'd knock the lady down who tried to keep me from doing it

And then help her up.

#603 7 years ago
    Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

Yeah! Funny jokes about assaulting women!

OMG, I made a "funny"!!! Better have the PC assault police come arrest me. Cali, no wonder.

#608 7 years ago

No worries ice - only the classiest people kid about physically abusing women (over a difference of opinion, no less).

It's called a "joke". Or making light of the situation.

Would I actually "physically abuse" or "knock a female down"? No. But I thought that might be obvious to anyone with common sense.

#611 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

There IS a sexy or hot guys of pinball thread already. I'm dead serious.

I know, I'm in it.

Quoted from Playmatic:

"yeah, I am wearing a great outfit today"

Because you want to look sexy. Own, love it, nothing wrong with it.

If not, women would just wear blankets and head dress all over themselves.

Sexy is a good thing.

#612 7 years ago

Well played, sir! Jokes about hitting women are truly timeless.

So are overly sensitive comments that have nothing to do about anything. Lighten up Francis.

#615 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Tomorrow morning, I'll probably be in agreement with you. I have very simple tastes in beer, I like pale bitter lagers. If you look on rate beer, pale lagers are never for the upscale folks.
    I do enjoy a craft brew here and there, but usually only because of the alcohol content. Lmao.

I think I might be falling in love with you. JK

I do like a beer drinking lady.

#702 7 years ago

I like this thread, nothing weird about it, and my favorite saying applies, "if we weren't all crazy we might go insane"

#703 7 years ago

What's up Pez!

So isn't it kind of like this, you see a group of people talking in the corner over at the bar and you wander up because you want to know what the heck is so funny. When you find out you don't like the topic you immediately try and break up the conversation and tell everybody to leave.

How about just going back to the other side of the room if you don't want to partake in the conversation and leave the rest of us alone?

You really don't have to be the speech police monitor all the time. Life is a lot more "chill" if you just go along and get along and respect other people's opinion no matter what you think of them.

We all get how you feel, go ahead and express it here, but I'm sure you've delivered non stop tattles to the mods and Robin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-pinball-guys-all-get-girls?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.