Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
    pinballgirl (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    vhsbeta (resized).png
    giphy (5).gif
    11alphabits (resized).jpg
    1367487-telepathy (resized).jpg
    482d1cb2215bcaa255baca5e4649ed4c (resized).jpg
    grc (resized).jpg
    ugly man (resized).jpg
    B0168871-9AE8-4D7E-AE3C-04E8520B8BCF.PNG
    AF17668D-9BB3-40A7-9881-97631D0DB4A0.JPG
    image.png
    8204497A-92EC-49A3-B6C2-54D9F29742CE.JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    joke (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Oh my god what a bunch of virgins.

no, that would be the video game nerds

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Nothing could be more hilarious to me than a pinball dork crowing about what a smooth ladies man he is. It's hard for me to believe there are those of us who lack the self awareness to realize how enormously nerdy pinball is, but somehow ... this thread exists.
    Hey just a tip for some of you embarrassingly insecure dudes who feel the need to post how masculine and dominant over women you are on a pinball Internet forum -- I'm pretty sure the number of women impressed by awful pinball-related sex puns is close to zero.

haven't been getting any lately, eh?

#154 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Threads like this are part of the reason I read Pinside less than I used to. The sexism and tired dick jokes really drag this place down.
    I'm sorry to see that the moderation response is to just joke about it. It has real consequences, I don't think anyone who thinks this is all in fun has any clue how unwelcoming this forum is to women, or how much derision Pinside generates in the hobby now when you leave this bubble because of it. It's a shame, because there's wonderful content here, and good people, but wading through the BS sucks.

easy solution....don't read threads like this one

#360 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well we will never be able to see if she can take it because she was quickly ejected from the thread.
    Of course my "she's on the rag" joke didn't get me in any trouble. That's some tiltforum fodder right there folks!

so your 'she's on the rag' joke didn't get you in any trouble, yet my 'you must not be getting any' got me a mod. I don't get it.

#362 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Your view that "your women" will be "protected" by your shotgun sort of caries an implied ownership aspect - that they're your property, and that they require you to protect them like they're objects.

I would take the 'protected by your shotgun' to mean that I'm going to protect someone that I care about and love, and if you even act like you're going to do anything to hurt them, you're going to have to deal with me. It doesn't imply any ownership at all. It doesn't imply that they are my property, and that they require me to protect them like they're objects. They are my family, and if they need to be protected, then that's what I (very willingly) signed up for, and that is what I will do.

#373 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Well for the record I do not get that either.

It was meant as a joke. Around these parts, if someone seems to be a bit crabby, you say 'man, you need to get laid.' The post of yours I was referring to, you seemed a bit crabby. If you took me wrong, my apologies. Nothing disrespectful meant.

#384 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm a well traveled guy... I don't want the US to end up like England where if you are a comedian and say some type of joke that "offends" people (who are looking for reasons to be offended) you literally risk a fine and potential arrest. Seems many here wish we were there already...

There was a time not so long ago that would cost you your head in England. Literally.

#386 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

There was a time not so long ago that would cost you your head in England. Literally.

#402 7 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Maybe all the mods got sick of being in the impossible position of making anyone happy, especially in regards to this thread. Maybe we went on strike from everyone saying that Pinside is pure evil because of us, having every post on this site rehashed and torn apart on other sites, being called useless shitbags for not being able to control essentially anonymous posters on a public forum while armed with literally a few extra buttons that, if we dare to use them, cause a whole other group of people to be mad at us and scream about censorship. Maybe we've grown tired of playing games with trolls who think it's super fun to create multiple duplicate accounts, laugh at us and tell us they have 100+ accounts, threaten us, blackmail us, try to bribe us, threaten us some more, try to publicly call us out, and somehow get minions to create havoc here on their behalf and claim innocence. Maybe the fact is that at any given time there are only 12 total mods in multiple parts of the world, and probably only 4 max of us actively around at any given time... all with lives and jobs and responsibilities which sometimes take president over babysitting a forum for free. Maybe nobody actually reported that post, and we just didn't see it, as there's no way we can catch everything. (In the past 24 hours, we've seen 71 new topics, 1,717 posts and 3,408 of 35,005 Pinsiders logging on.)
    Or maybe I was just busy watching freaking Battlebots after waiting for a new episode for 2 weeks, and just now got around to checking in. I've got a bracket to protect. Sorry, but right now that's way more interesting to me than posting in this thread again so that I can be told how sorry of a female/moderator/female moderator I am for making a joke about backing away from the thread that I knew was destined to be a dumpster fire. Especially when people keep dumping gasoline on it to watch it burn.

dude, you need to get laid.

#405 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

She's not a dude. I don't know blondetall personally, but remember that she's a mod.

It was a joke. Good lord!

#491 7 years ago

Some people need to lighten up a little bit (or a lot). I'm a small business owner in a small town, and had this happen the other day. I think there are some people here that, given the same situation, probably would have called the police. Posted this on my Facebook page after it happened:

"I now have to change banks.

Was making a deposit this morning. The teller was wearing a very 'summery' outfit and while she was counting out the deposit it got me thinking about that Seinfeld episode where Elaine has a Christmas card picture that was a little bit more revealing than she had realized.

So the teller asked if I needed anything else and I said, 'I need a roll of nipples please.' Without missing a beat, she says 'one roll of nipples coming right up.' I said, 'huh?' and she said, 'you asked for a roll of nipples.'

So the teller next to her sees my head down and my face in my hands, and asks, 'what did I just miss?' 'Oh, Joe just asked me for a roll of nipples.'

So I've got three women that were working at the bank all just letting me have it over that, and I'm about 10 shades of red. There are three women standing behind me in line that are just cracking up. The Public Relations Manager (female) and the branch manager (female), were sitting in their offices, had heard everything, and were belly laughing so hard they had tears coming down their cheeks. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I am never going back. I need to find a new bank."

And the follow-up this morning:

"Well, someone on my staff here at the golf course has a sense of humor. I always go to the bank on Friday mornings to get change for the weekend. Somehow we seem to be out of nickels again. We usually don't go through a roll of nickels in a month, much less three days.

I am dreading this.

So I'm not even in the lobby and everyone there is just laughing and letting me have it. I haven't even walked in to the bank yet. And when I had to ask for another roll of nickels, they were just about on the floor they were laughing so hard.

Then after I got my change, one of them asked 'do you need any groin today? Oh, I mean coin?"

So maybe it's just that postings in forums come off different than they were intended, or maybe it's tough to translate the same feeling or look on your face when you're saying something in person versus how it comes out in the written word that causes people to take things the wrong way. Or maybe some people are just negative people and being able to post anonymously in a forum is all they have to look forward to every day. I really don't know. And I'm not going to spend much time thinking about it or worrying about it.

Life's too short not to enjoy it. And if you can't laugh at yourself, well, I feel bad for you. You're missing out on a lot of good things life has to offer.

I need to go count my nickels and play some pinball.

#585 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I have a big problem with anybody mistreating a woman, on any level

I have a problem with anybody mistreating anybody.

#753 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Because saying nothing is an implicit acceptance that what you're talking about is acceptable behaviour.
    If no one challenges you on your shit, nothing changes.

And what is all of this going to ever change?

#830 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

The problem is that the list of "Things Which Must Not Be Said" is ridiculously large, unpredictable, and eternally growing.

A good dose of common sense would help matters.

But in reality, it's gotten so much worse since people have been able to sit anonymously behind a computer screen and spew out whatever they want, and with little or no consequence. People wouldn't have the guts to say 90% of what they say if they had to attach their name to it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-pinball-guys-all-get-girls?tu=dooskie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.