Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
    pinballgirl (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    vhsbeta (resized).png
    giphy (5).gif
    11alphabits (resized).jpg
    1367487-telepathy (resized).jpg
    482d1cb2215bcaa255baca5e4649ed4c (resized).jpg
    grc (resized).jpg
    ugly man (resized).jpg
    B0168871-9AE8-4D7E-AE3C-04E8520B8BCF.PNG
    AF17668D-9BB3-40A7-9881-97631D0DB4A0.JPG
    image.png
    8204497A-92EC-49A3-B6C2-54D9F29742CE.JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    joke (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SadSack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#725 7 years ago

Maybe it's the odor.

#768 7 years ago

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names are what can kill me.

#773 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

The problem is that the list of "Things Which Must Not Be Said" is ridiculously large, unpredictable, and eternally growing.

And mostly used to bludgeon dissent.

#822 7 years ago

Pezpunk's pseudo-intellectualism is belied by his propensity to attribute gross generalizations over a class of people that he obviously feels inferior to. I don't know how he can defend one group and generally criticize another group while completely ignoring the individuals' responsibilities in both dishing out or earning these criticisms. Like other SJW's he simply and wrongly feels entitled to be the arbiter of acceptable behavior. It's really a self-loathing case of justifying anti-social behaviors... exactly what he's railing against.

#824 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Like what? Gimme some examples. You must be bursting with them.

The words "mother" and "father" are two examples that come to my mind. Basically any word that has been replaced by a soft euphemism over the last 30 years.

#826 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Any others, besides "mother and father", which I've never heard of?

Were you raised in an orphanage? Mother is the female parent and father is the male parent.

Oh, wait, orphanage is one of the words we are talking about.

#836 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

It's all social and has nothing to do with mental chemistry. Plenty of women love cars and mechanics, but right from the very start we're very specifically laying out for them the "this or that" of gender. Boys get tool sets, girls get dolls. Boys wear blue, girls wear pink. Why? It's an irrational and entirely made-up set of rules ("blue and pink" is a recent invention, too) that has nothing to do with anything besides the pre-decided cultural norms. Plenty of men quilt and plenty of women tinker, and if we weren't constantly telling children that one thing is bad and the other is good because they have a penis or a vagina then we'd have way more equality in jobs and hobbies.
    The briefest summary of this is when my supervisor told our manager she was hiring a male housekeeper, and our manager, a guy, scoffed and said "that's interesting, but okay". Why is housekeeping necessarily a woman's job? What about changing a bed and vacuuming is "for women"? It's all made up.

What you are unknowingly championing is the decimation of traditional gender roles. The function of traditional gender roles is efficiency in child rearing. The destruction of the traditional family (and traditional religion for that matter) has not been a good thing for society. It has been promoted by totalitarians throughout history. The state will try to become one's family. You need not look far to see how the state has replaced the father in many families today.

No one says that anyone must stick to their traditional gender roles, but once those traditions are broken, the results are what we see today with divorce rates, fatherless families, poverty, crime, teen pregnancy, gangs, etc. Traditional gender roles generally create greater strength in family units as well as the individuals that are raised nuclear families. Many people are angered by this for a number of different reasons, but the main cause is the overtones and undertones in media... think Archie Bunker and Al Bundy compared to Alice for TV examples.

Just watch the commercials, Dad is dumb and servile, while Mom is large and in charge. Some say it is a reflection of society, but I think it is a driver of human behaviors. Your supervisor and her manager are both products of this induced confusion in traditional gender roles.

#842 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

So because wifey isn't forced into the kitchen, bare-foot and pregnant, society is falling apart?
    Sounds like someone's a bit angry that he's not king of the castle anymore. Don't worry, though - women are still second-class citizens in many ways, if that makes you feel better.

You're way off base here. I'm simply explaining things. You have no idea of my role in real life. Your comment is the disparaging generalization.

#844 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

this is just patriarchical fearmongering. a child does not require an alpha male and a domestic mother to be a good and happy kid. talk about a dangerous philosophy!

trying to force people into pre-conceived gender roles results in higher rates of suicide and trauma, is extraordinarily destructive, and is basically just a weak justification for sexism and homophobia. it comes from the same wellspring as the idea that "blacks were more happy back when they were slaves to the kind and benevolent white plantation owners".
    teen pregnancy is caused by poor sex education and lack of access to birth control. crime and gangs are the inevitable result of poverty. none of these social problems are caused by feminism or gay rights!

Wow, you are really jumping the shark here. Please reread my comment and stop twisting it into an easily attacked straw man. I can't see anywhere I said anything about forcing anyone to do anything. If you think that children of a single parent household have the same success rate by any measure as those from a traditional family, you need to talk less and read more. Your arguments and understanding are the results of a lifetime anti-family brainwashing. How old are you?

#851 7 years ago

Topic drained. It's time to watch Trump in Washington State Live!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SadSack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-pinball-guys-all-get-girls?tu=SadSack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.