Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
    pinballgirl (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    vhsbeta (resized).png
    giphy (5).gif
    11alphabits (resized).jpg
    1367487-telepathy (resized).jpg
    482d1cb2215bcaa255baca5e4649ed4c (resized).jpg
    grc (resized).jpg
    ugly man (resized).jpg
    B0168871-9AE8-4D7E-AE3C-04E8520B8BCF.PNG
    AF17668D-9BB3-40A7-9881-97631D0DB4A0.JPG
    image.png
    8204497A-92EC-49A3-B6C2-54D9F29742CE.JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    joke (resized).jpg
    There are 893 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.
    #1 7 years ago

Pretty funny topic, but video gaming nerds are desperate for women and all pinball aficionados have girlfriends or wives (ALL). Is it simply a matter of having good taste? I wouldn't say it's generational, as gaming and pinball both thrived in unison for a couple decades?

What's your secret, do you believe it's simply a more sophisticated mindset or those crazy flipper fingers that make you never seem to fall? :p

I'd love to hear all the theories!

So tell the world your secrets, pinball studs.

The key to a man's heart is his stomach. A woman's the drop targets & silver ball?

#2 7 years ago

Maybe it's because we can cradle balls but we also know how to bang balls hard?

#3 7 years ago

High End Arcade game = $2000-$2500
    High End Pinball Game = $10,000+

That should help

#4 7 years ago

Pinheads know how to nudge.

#5 7 years ago

I know how to plunge the shooter lane. If you know what I mean

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

all pinball aficionados have girlfriends or wives (ALL).

Ummm..................

#7 7 years ago

Haha! Great stuff.

As for Jason1413, I very honestly don't believe it's a monetary issue. While I believe all women are trophy wives, I don't mean *that* kind of gold digging trophy wife. Pinball dudes just always get the girl.

Some guys just play with finesse, others hard and fast!

#8 7 years ago

What lady could refuse this extreme level of sexy? Two rows of pins... No woman could say no..

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Ummm..................

Don't worry RCA1, you're already more than halfway home I'd say.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jtslade:

What lady could refuse this extreme level of sexy? Two rows of pins... No woman could say no..

I'm not seeing the problem here, looks like he's nice and not creepy. Sure he's older, but that's not really what gals care about.

#11 7 years ago

Chicks like pinball machines compared to video games. One old girlfriend thought I was sexy while I was playing.

#12 7 years ago

Wow, this is terrible

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Wow, this is terrible

Nope, you exhibit the confidence of a married man.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Pretty funny topic, but video gaming nerds are desperate for women and all pinball aficionados have girlfriends or wives (ALL). Is it simply a matter of having good taste? I wouldn't say it's generational, as gaming and pinball both thrived in unison for a couple decades?
    What's your secret, do you believe it's simply a more sophisticated mindset or those crazy flipper fingers that make you never seem to fall? :p
    The key to a man's heart is his stomach. A woman's the drop targets & silver ball?

No idea what you're talking about. I got my wife first, then became a fat nerd when I got into pinball. I mean, I was always a nerd, but pinball has a way of making you a fat one.

Oh...and I'm betting pinball has been the cause of more divorces than marriages.

#15 7 years ago

There are plenty of pinball nerds who don't have a significant other.

Weird thread.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No idea what you're talking about. I got my wife first, then became a fat nerd when I got into pinball. I mean, I was always a nerd, but pinball has a way of making you a fat one.
    Oh...and I'm betting pinball has been the cause of more divorces than marriages.

I respectfully disagree on unfounded claims that pinball is simply too rad to be the source of marital issues.

Besides, gals like MEN. How is being a larger man going to give off the vibe of less masculine dominance? That's serious, dudes are all about vibe.

What's the rate of Pinball related divorce here? I'd bet slim.

I'm in your corner guys, I just can't believe it.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There are plenty of pinball nerds who don't have a significant other.
    Weird thread.

It's all in good fun, and pinball guys do get the ladies more than gaming nerds. Roll with it.

#18 7 years ago

(Looks around, slowly backs out of thread.)

#19 7 years ago

Balls of steel, baby.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

What's the rate of Pinball related divirce here? I'd bet slim.

If it is, it's the only thing that's slim around here.

True story: My wife and I were at PAPA two years ago, and my wife had a conversation with multiple guys who told her that--now that her husband was into pinball--she could bank on every vacation being pinball related, and that it would consume my life. She asked every one of those guys if they were married, and they were all divorced.

When she found me and told me about it, she finished her story with, "You're next."

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

(Looks around, slowly backs out of thread.)

I don't know why. You probably get the chicks, too.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jtslade:

I'd hit that.

#23 7 years ago

I'm definitely afraid of the tall blonde mod, but she's got 9 machines and knows the score. I think it's hard to not love others with the same hobby.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If it is, it's the only thing that's slim around here.
    True story: My wife and I were at PAPA two years ago, and my wife had a conversation with multiple guys who told her that--now that her husband was into pinball--she could bank on every vacation being pinball related, and that it would consume my life. She asked every one of those guys if they were married, and they were all divorced.
    When she found me and told me about it, she finished her story with, "You're next."

That's classic, ha. (fingers crossed for a lifelong happy relationship)

#25 7 years ago

Oh my god what a bunch of virgins.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Oh my god what a bunch of virgins.

Haha, I wish! I'm more like Gottlieb's Black Hole. *shakes head*

#27 7 years ago

Thanks for making this thread Playmatic. Quite amusing already.

I'm going to make an early prediction that this topic/thread will reach Pinside Gold level, and eventually make it onto Mudflaps "Best of Pinside" thread.

Carry on Pinsiders. Have a great day!

#28 7 years ago

Ha, it's all a risk vs reward skill shot. :p

I still insist that pinball has the guys that Nintendon't.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Thanks for making this thread Playmatic. Quite amusing already.
    I'm going to make an early prediction that this topic/thread will reach Pinside Gold level, and eventually make it onto Mudflaps "Best of Pinside" thread.
    Carry on Pinsiders. Have a great day!

In order to make the coveted 'Best Of' thread, this one needs to make a sudden, sharp turn towards oblivion.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

In order to make the coveted 'Best Of' thread, this one needs to make a sudden, sharp turn towards oblivion.

Oh, give it time. Pinball studs = best studs.

#31 7 years ago

Pimpball.

#32 7 years ago

When I think video game nerd I think dude who lives in mom's basement playing xbox while smoking weed and wearing yesterdays clothes.

When I think pinball nerd I think someone with their own basement with mechanical skills who ventures out into the world (albeit for parts) and actually has social skills.

That being said... Some of ya'll still need a fresh change of clothes and a shower. My wife regularly comments at shows "pinball people are wierd and smell funky"

To which I prompty reply... "Well your one of em!" Lol

#33 7 years ago

I was getting laid before I played pinball...

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

When I think video game nerd I think dude who lives in mom's basement playing xbox while smoking weed and wearing yesterdays clothes.

So what's your point?

Quoted from merccat:

When I think pinball nerd I think someone with their own basement with mechanical skills who ventures out into the world (albeit for parts) and actually has social skills.

This actually may be giving some guys in this hobby way too much credit.

#35 7 years ago

Elvira: "Ooh, I´m having multiple jackpots!"

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

It's all in good fun, and pinball guys do get the ladies more than gaming nerds. Roll with it.

Playmatic - How many gaming nerds do you know? I think your perceptions of gamers & their correlation to women is incorrect. I know far more gamers than pinballers. Most of my gaming friends have wives or girlfriends. Gaming is a lot more mainstream than pinball. I think the ratios of pinballers without women versus pinballers with women are probably skewed one way or another based on a smaller sample size. GG no RE

#37 7 years ago

How I feel reading the thread....

suspicious_o_226823 (resized).jpgsuspicious_o_226823 (resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Playmatic - How many gaming nerds do you know? I think your perceptions of gamers & their correlation to women is incorrect. I know far more gamers than pinballers. Most of my gaming friends have wives or girlfriends. Gaming is a lot more mainstream than pinball. I think the ratios of pinballers without women versus pinballers with women are probably skewed one way or another based on a smaller sample size. GG no RE

Perhaps you should start a inverted thread.. "Why do video guys get all the girls?" Lol

#39 7 years ago

Finally a thread I want to read less than the ones about Stern insert ghosting!!

#40 7 years ago

greatskills-Napoleon (resized).jpggreatskills-Napoleon (resized).jpg
    FlippinSweet-Napoleon (resized).jpgFlippinSweet-Napoleon (resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

and pinball guys do get the ladies more than gaming nerds

Quoted from Friengineer:

point-counter-point-SNL (resized).jpgpoint-counter-point-SNL (resized).jpg

#42 7 years ago

Since I just got into pinball apparently my romantic life will be looking up soon. If only it could fix drywall, do my taxes, and get the groceries too. Or can it? Mind blown.

#43 7 years ago

It's my huge plunger.

#44 7 years ago

I don't think pinball has anything to do with it.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#45 7 years ago

Oddly enough, from what I've seen, the OP is correct.

#46 7 years ago

So, does this guy play:
    A. video games
    B. pinball
    C. Both vids & pins. Studly Dudly he is.
    D. Neither. Why else would he be in this situation?
    pummeled-in-a-jello-pool (resized).jpgpummeled-in-a-jello-pool (resized).jpg

#47 7 years ago

I think it depends.

If your playing pinball in a bar, yep, probably more options.

Gaming conventions reflect that more than a pinball show, but there's an age gap. Your more likely to be older and married at a pinball show because pinball takes money and is an older hobby.

That said, if anyone's working on a pinball dating app, let me know!

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Everyone in this thread is over complicating things. Jokes aside there is actually a pretty simple reason, and while money may play a small part in it the real reason is this....

Pinball guys tend to be Alpha Males, or have more alpha male like qualities. I see this all the time and it's kinda the same with cars. Guys who are into cars (or bikes) always get girls, no problem. They have that masculine presence which girls really like. Video game nerds, not so much.

Again though, it's all a bit of a generalisation.

#49 7 years ago

We know how to dial in our plumb bobs

#50 7 years ago

! ive always had good luck with the ladies but the arcade took it to a whole new level. I don't think it has anything to do with me or pinball and I would say that people enjoy watching someone do something with passion, dedication, and talent.

True story: once at the cade my buddy comes up to me and slyly says: "dude check out behind you" so I turn around, and a girl is playing sopranos, I turn around after a second, bewildered and say to him inquisitively: "3 million on sopranos??????" "What's the big deal" he just laughed and said " I like where your mind goes"

There are 893 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-pinball-guys-all-get-girls?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.