Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
    pinballgirl (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    vhsbeta (resized).png
    giphy (5).gif
    11alphabits (resized).jpg
    1367487-telepathy (resized).jpg
    482d1cb2215bcaa255baca5e4649ed4c (resized).jpg
    grc (resized).jpg
    ugly man (resized).jpg
    B0168871-9AE8-4D7E-AE3C-04E8520B8BCF.PNG
    AF17668D-9BB3-40A7-9881-97631D0DB4A0.JPG
    image.png
    8204497A-92EC-49A3-B6C2-54D9F29742CE.JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    joke (resized).jpg
    There are 893 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 18.
    #251 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I don't take myself too seriously and enjoy the blessings in my life.
    It's hard for me to understand those that seem to be perpetually offended by everything. It seems like there is a lot of bitterness and anger there.

I'm offended by your happiness.

#252 7 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:shit, i see more chicks getting chicks than i do these days.

I suppose it depends what websites you're looking at

real life. is there such a thing anymore since it seems everyone lives mostly in the cyber world? i don't socialize on my notebook or my smartphone, as both are a complete waste of my real life real world time.

#253 7 years ago

I prefer pinball guys who get guys. Much cuter. Why haven't there been any gay pinball machines?

#254 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

I prefer pinball guys who get guys. Much cuter. Why haven't there been any gay pinball machines?

Because they are just machines?

#255 7 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Because they are just machines?

Hey, I met a VERY friendly Funhouse once...

#256 7 years ago

All I know is that Eggbert pulls more a$$ than a toilet seat in a women's restroom at a Justin Beiber concert.

#257 7 years ago

I nominate this for an inclusion into Mudflap's "best of pinside" thread. Holy shit. Got a great laugh/roll of eyes time reading this on my lunch break.

#258 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

real life. is there such a thing anymore since it seems everyone lives mostly in the cyber world? i don't socialize on my notebook or my smartphone, as both are a complete waste of my real life real world time.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30333-1403547288-29_preview (resized).pnganigif_enhanced-buzz-30333-1403547288-29_preview (resized).png

#259 7 years ago

I think the ability to fix things in general with pinball machines as added bonus is an attractant.

#260 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I nominate this for an inclusion into Mudflap's "best of pinside" thread. Holy shit. Got a great laugh/roll of eyes time reading this on my lunch break.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-of-pinside-threads/page/3#post-3290304

Looks like it made it. I think the Facebook links put this one over the top.

#261 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-of-pinside-threads/page/3#post-3290304
    Looks like it made it. I think the Facebook links put this one over the top.

Only the best for your thread.

#262 7 years ago

There is a constant stream of tolerance and love in her facebook thread.
    If you want another thread of the best of how "pinside is worst than everything on the planet" start it up and I will grab the screens.

#263 7 years ago

I watched the mini-doc on Pins and Needles, Molly's pinball joint. She seemed like a genuine, fun person. I was sad when she left pinside.

#264 7 years ago

New Pinside band: BlondeTall and the Shitbags. Really??? Sad to see people who are a big part of the pinball community bashing other people who are a big part of the pinball community. There is soooooo much more to Pinside than a few questionable threads. It is what you want it to be. If you want tech help, find a tech help thread. If you want to be in a discussion about the next rumored machine, find that thread. If you want to avoid any thread that could possibly offend someone, than avoid those threads. What I hate more than anything else is people bashing people. Wow. Angry people make me unhappy. Play some pinball and stop insulting each other.

#265 7 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

New Pinside band: BlondeTall and the Shitbags. Really??? Sad to see people who are a big part of the pinball community bashing other people who are a big part of the pinball community. There is soooooo much more to Pinside than a few questionable threads. It is what you want it to be. If you want tech help, find a tech help thread. If you want to be in a discussion about the next rumored machine, find that thread. If you want to avoid any thread that could possibly offend someone, than avoid those threads. What I hate more than anything else is people bashing people. Wow. Angry people make me unhappy. Play some pinball and stop insulting each other.

You seem...angry. Offended, even.

#266 7 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

It is what you want it to be.

This is the answer, this is why I love pinside.
    Unhappy people choose to be unhappy. Offended people look for stuff to be offended about...

#267 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Why haven't there been any gay pinball machines?

Where have you been for the last several years?

#268 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

It's not guys on guys but girls on girls.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#269 7 years ago

And there have been plenty of sequels to this one lately.

181661358_cf6ea7ef73_b (resized).jpg181661358_cf6ea7ef73_b (resized).jpg

#270 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Does this get your blood boiling?

#271 7 years ago

Gay '90's was released by Williams over forty years ago. Decades before the "Gay '90's " became reality.

I may be off by a century though.......

#272 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Does this get your blood boiling?

Hey, that's Rareheros's house.

#273 7 years ago

I laughed so hard at this image on Google.

#274 7 years ago

I'm lucky that most pinball dudes are my type, gives me something to ogle while waiting in line at conventions.

#275 7 years ago

I did not make this but again found it on Google when I typed "gay pinball".

#276 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hey, that's Rareheros's house.

That's funny. I googled gay pinball and those images popped up from the KLOV forum.

#277 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Funny, my computer said Ghostbusters.

#278 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

I'm lucky that most pinball dudes are my type, gives me something to ogle while waiting in line at conventions.

True. The hetero men are marginalized at conventions because there aren't enough girls around. They tailor the conventions for the homosexuals and women.

#279 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

It doesn't get much more gay than this...

20160819_161558 (resized).jpg20160819_161558 (resized).jpg

#280 7 years ago

It's sad..... I really enjoyed Molly when she participated on Pinside. I was bummed when she quit posting. It just seems a bit ironic that the reason she stopped posting is because she found a couple of people to be rude, yet she refers to the mods (sans Blondetall) as "shitbags" which is...well....being pretty rude.

I feel the mods do a terrific job. They're volunteers that put up with a lot of unnecessary drama, not to mention banned Pinsiders that seem to open a new account on a daily basis.

...and I sincerely doubt Molly's version of Robin's response.

#281 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm offended that someone would be offended that ten years ago I would have been offended by that picture and I'm further offended at their being offended at my finding that picture cliche and funny today. Who do I get to sue? Can I at least flog them publicly? I demand retribution for my offensiveness!

Non-Humorist disclaimer: while the above may or may not actually be funny, I find it amusing and all contents herein are intended to be satire. It is intended solely for my own personal amusement, no warranties are expressed or implied.

#282 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

It's sad..... I really enjoyed Molly when she participated on Pinside. I was bummed when she quit posting. It just seems a bit ironic that the reason she stopped posting is because she found a couple of people to be rude, yet she refers to the mods (sans Blondetall) as "shitbags" which is...well....being pretty rude.
    I feel the mods do a terrific job. They're volunteers that put up with a lot of unnecessary drama, not to mention banned Pinsiders that seem to open a new account on a daily basis.

I just listened to a podcast from he-who-shall-not-be-named (I know I shouldn't have) and he mentioned how he has a ton of duplicate accounts and is posting every day. That's a mature response to being banned from a site.

#283 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I watched the mini-doc on Pins and Needles, Molly's pinball joint. She seemed like a genuine, fun person. I was sad when she left pinside.
    » YouTube video

She may be. But I go with what I know on things like attacking people here back on FB when she doesn't (or possibly) know them personally or saying this place is a garbage dump for pinball fans and collectors when quite honestly, has been nothing but helpful and friendly here as well. That all being said, nice video that was put together.

#284 7 years ago

Multiple questions, and good morning everyone

1: People posted nudes with their pinball machines? Link pls.

2. All jokes aside, do you guys feel that pinside is LGBT friendly? I admire both men & women myself, no shame saying so.

3. As for the P-C arguments, I believe it just needs a healthy balance. You can respect freedom of speech without going out of your way to cause harm on purpose. Like, I'm pretty sure that nobody here would post stuff that's racist (I think).

I've been here for a long time, but for the most part I haven't been active due to real life stuff.

4. ...People posted nudes with their pinball machines? Link pls.

#285 7 years ago

Some people have their own vision of how the world should be, instead of trying to live in the one that exists. And they tend to get frustrated when that world won't change for them.

I don't always comment about them, but when I do I make it clear I wouldn't want to be one of them.

the-very-best-of-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme (resized).jpgthe-very-best-of-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme (resized).jpg

#286 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

2. All jokes aside, do you guys feel that pinside is LGBT friendly? I admire both men & women myself, no shame saying so.

no. generally the attitude is "you feel uncomfortable? that's your problem" whenever anyone has complained about, i don't know, an entire page filled with images making fun of the idea of being gay, just to pick a completely random example.

#287 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Some people have their own vision of how the world should be, instead of trying to live in the one that exists. And they tend to get frustrated when that world won't change for them.
    I don't always comment about them, but when I do I make it clear I wouldn't want to be one of them.

So far, from the little I know about you you come across as both funny and level headed.

Still, I do believe there is always room for improvement in this world in certain areas.

let's start small. Stern, please stop making every pinball machine based on TV shows that I don't watch.

#288 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's frustrating when you are trying to make America great again.

#289 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

no. generally the attitude is "you feel uncomfortable? that's your problem" whenever anyone has complained about, i don't know, an entire page filled with images making fun of the idea of being gay, just to pick a completely random example.

Well, that's slightly disappointing to hear. Oh well. And I know you probably dislike me already, but for the record I do have a PEZ tattoo.

#290 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

but for the record I do have a PEZ tattoo.

What Pez character and flavor though? Princess Leia has flipper tattoos as well!

http://www.geekytattoos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/slave-leia-pinball-tattoo.jpg (Semi-NSFWish)

#291 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

LOL. Good call. Molly's version of her conversation with Robin has no relation to reality. She is just making up a story for whatever reason.

#292 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I just listened to a podcast from he-who-shall-not-be-named (I know I shouldn't have) and he mentioned how he has a ton of duplicate accounts and is posting every day. That's a mature response to being banned from a site.

Yep....I refuse to listen because 1) I have no interest of what that narcissistic sociopath has to say and 2) I don't want to give him the "numbers" for his (mostly) non pinball related podcast.

#293 7 years ago

Wish there was a great multi question bias free poll to determine if Pinheads experience higher divorce rates compared to video guys..

It would be interesting to just see the demographics of the hobby in general..

Maybe ask the same set of Survey questions to another similar hobby group and compare all the answers to the general public.

#294 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfanoz:

What Pez character and flavor though? Princess Leia has flipper tattoos as well!
    http://www.geekytattoos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/slave-leia-pinball-tattoo.jpg (Semi-NSFWish)

No character, just a foreign logo from a candy pack. I used to be a big pezhead, but after the company started milking the collectors I lost most interest. It's a shame, I had a collection of epic proportions but eventually sold all of it off. I still love them, but it's easy to get too obsessed with a single hobby.

#295 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jtslade:

What lady could refuse this extreme level of sexy? Two rows of pins... No woman could say no..

Alot of men wouldnt back down from that challenge either

#296 7 years ago

Back to topic, other day saw a energetic couple over 70 absolutely kicking butt on GB pro before heading over to put time in on a MET. Pin hogs.
    Maybe pin guys get more and keep more girls too.
    Pass me the Depends!

#297 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

No character, just a foreign logo from a candy pack. I used to be a big pezhead, but after the company started milking the collectors I lost most interest. It's a shame, I had a collection of epic proportions but eventually sold all of it off. I still love them, but it's easy to get too obsessed with a single hobby.

Agreed. I only have one gigantic C3PO Pez dispenser that talks and holds about 10 packs of Pez, battery died years ago. Other than that, pinball it is.

#298 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Stern, please stop making every pinball machine based on TV shows that I don't watch.

I knew that was coming. But I thought that was a fairly level headed request.

#299 7 years ago

I usually hang out in my basement, play my pins, and put out the "vibe". My wife usually tells me to turn it down and closes the door.

vibe (resized).pngvibe (resized).png

#300 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

some of our more active users are also active in the LGBT community. They either have thick skin or find Pinside to be welcoming enough.

I personally think it is a little of both. I find pinside to be very tolerant of most people regarless of their personal views and more than anything pinside tends to error on the side of free speech so long as not a personal attack. Pinside tends to take a strong stance against hate speak, gun talk, and personal bashing and that is evident by what gets moderated and what does not by the voulenteer staff.

There are 893 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-pinball-guys-all-get-girls/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.