Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
    pinballgirl (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    vhsbeta (resized).png
    giphy (5).gif
    11alphabits (resized).jpg
    1367487-telepathy (resized).jpg
    482d1cb2215bcaa255baca5e4649ed4c (resized).jpg
    grc (resized).jpg
    ugly man (resized).jpg
    B0168871-9AE8-4D7E-AE3C-04E8520B8BCF.PNG
    AF17668D-9BB3-40A7-9881-97631D0DB4A0.JPG
    image.png
    8204497A-92EC-49A3-B6C2-54D9F29742CE.JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    joke (resized).jpg
    There are 893 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.
    #201 7 years ago

A visual (and olfactory) representation of the latent virility of this thread

axe001 (resized).jpgaxe001 (resized).jpg

516391aMV5L (resized).jpg516391aMV5L (resized).jpg

#202 7 years ago
    Quoted from flecom:

I don't have a girlfriend/wife...

If my boyfriend doesn't get better at pinball soon your luck just may change.

#203 7 years ago

Ive had a few single and married women hit on me, aware I am married, knowing very much that pinball was a passion of mine.

Several have shared it showed commitment and dedication, a hobby of "fun" as opposed to say, "stamp collecting",
    and financial awareness, (but maybe not priorities).

When I was dating, places having pinball machines always had ladies playing, and striking a conversation was so much easier...we
    were just playing pinball.

Today....I dont know. Does Pinball mean something different to a Lady under 30 years old?

It did for my wife...she was into pinball, until about 35.....20 years ago. Has this changed for others?

#204 7 years ago

It's not about the pins, it's that you have an interest in something.
    Nothing more boring than listening to somebody gossiping about other people , or moaning about their empty lives

#205 7 years ago

Well, let's add a twist, does anyone have a significant other that HASN'T played your pinball machines?

Also, does your partner ever like watching you play?

I find that pinball machines are generally irresistible regardless of theme.

#206 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Also, does your partner ever like watching you play?

This is something I like to do with video games more than pinball.

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

This is something I like to do with video games more than pinball.

Yeah, watching a game like "Bioshock", or one of the Telltale games (Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead) is probably more engaging for a spectator.

Pinball, if I'm having a really good game in the middle of a multi-player experience...most people (including my wife) are just thinking: "Dude, hurry up. I want to play, too."

I mean, it might be cool to watch the game if it is new to all of us ("Woah! How'd you get that multiball!")....but after the 80th time of watching Apollo 13 barf a bucketload of balls onto the playfield, the novelty of being a spectator wears off.

If we're in our arcade...my wife would much rather play her own game than just watch me.

Pete

#208 7 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Yeah, watching a game like "Bioshock", or one of the Telltale games (Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead) is probably more engaging for a spectator.
    Pinball, if I'm having a really good game in the middle of a multi-player experience...most people (including my wife) are just thinking: "Dude, hurry up. I want to play, too."
    I mean, it might be cool to watch the game if it is new to all of us ("Woah! How'd you get that multiball!")....but after the 80th time of watching Apollo 13 barf a bucketload of balls onto the playfield, the novelty of being a spectator wears off.
    If we're in our arcade...my wife would much rather play her own game than just watch me.
    Pete

I do like watching if I'm involved in a multiplayer game but I thought the question was are there times a person likes watching rather than playing. I only like watching pinball if it's in a tournament setting.

#209 7 years ago

My girlfriend is hot. She thinks pinball is nerdy and boring. I will be dumping her soon.

#210 7 years ago
    Quoted from Neuromancer87:

Did you see the movie "Special when lit?" Guaranteed everybody in that movie was a virgin for life.

you think so? Apparently you do not know how I roll.

#211 7 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

My girlfriend is hot. She thinks pinball is nerdy and boring. I will be dumping her soon.

Good man. :p

#212 7 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

You can almost sense their feelings of abandonment when these corporate tools (who've taken all the sensitivity training classes) don't get any satisfaction from moderators.
    After they've called everyone racist, fascist, sexist, Hitler and so on, they want YOU moderated!
    When people they want moderated don't undergo forced moderation, lookout!
    But their time is coming to an end.
    Thanks Pinside for allowing some discourse and not bowing to their ever growing needs.

Well said, dude! Amen!

#213 7 years ago

CS1-Edit_grande (resized).jpgCS1-Edit_grande (resized).jpg

#214 7 years ago

...yea that's what I get all day, constantly assuring her of the wonderment! lol

#215 7 years ago

My wife is with me......despite me loving pinball! She would love the day every game just disappeared from the house...... And my kids just see it as a dated hobby that Dad does.

Maybe the guys with pinballs who get the girls is more to do with the fast cars parked next to them in the garage? Oh no, slipped into a cargument

#216 7 years ago

Minnpin,

If you two really are a great couple together, then I truly hope you can have further discussions and somehow work something out and come to some kind of understanding.

If you two end up splitting up, and due to your posting above, she may have to waste time wading through new date offers from video gamers that have trouble getting a girlfriend. She could also face other dysfunctional jerks that just "play" the p-c card to try to win favor.
    After reading your post above, they'd be thinking to themselves:
    tellin_me_theres_a_chance (resized).pngtellin_me_theres_a_chance (resized).png

#217 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

all pinball aficionados have girlfriends or wives (ALL).

I don't know where you live, but... stats would be a bit different around here.

Quoted from PeteB:

Pinball guys tend to be Alpha Males

lol… You got to be kidding, right?
    Cross the channel and meet our "alpha male" French pinheads.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I got my wife first, then became a fat nerd when I got into pinball.

Same! I met my wife before starting to collect pin (but been playing for 44+ years)

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Repair skills and handiness tend to be noticed.

The opposite is true as well. My wife *does* notice my lack of repair skills.
    (tend to be better at gardening than at repairing stuff. Not exactly alpha male behavior I guess…)

#218 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

and pinball guys do get the ladies more than gaming nerds.

Quoted from Playmatic:

Pinball studs = best studs.

#219 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Maybe the guys with pinballs who get the girls is more to do with the fast cars parked next to them in the garage? Oh no, slipped into a cargument

This should work out very well.

0318694053df6549629672409ee1f687 (resized).jpg0318694053df6549629672409ee1f687 (resized).jpg

#220 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

You guys should read some of the threads on Facebook or Tilt Forums talking about Pinside and these type of discussions.

Wait. There are people who come here and read the discussions, then go somewhere else and discuss those discussions?
    If anyone is doing that: You need to find something better do do.

#221 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

shit, i see more chicks getting chicks than i do these days.

I suppose it depends what websites you're looking at

#222 7 years ago

This thread has taught me that it's perfectly acceptable to make distasteful jokes about men, but not acceptable to make distasteful jokes about women.

Seems fair! ...

#223 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I looked but could not find the old thread about about Pinside members and their wives.
    Anybody have that link to post in this thread?

Good thread that shows a lot of awesome girlfriends and wifes who support us and our interests, no matter how crazy the interests may be.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-are-you-married-pics-of-wifehusband-to-win-a-bet

#224 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Wait. There are people who come here and read the discussions, then go somewhere else and discuss those discussions?

Oh yes the special snowflakes certainly do...

pinside (resized).PNGpinside (resized).PNG

tilt (resized).PNGtilt (resized).PNG

#225 7 years ago

Some people just like to get riled up at being offended on behalf of someone else.

#226 7 years ago

This changed the world!
    This is why pinballers get all the girls-
    Thanks Vid!

Vid's guide to getting girls-

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide/page/8#post-2687457

#227 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Well, let's add a twist, does anyone have a significant other that HASN'T played your pinball machines?

Had 2 machines 2 years now.....the ONLY time she ever played was playing while posing nude for a pic for this site....was not that long ago either...maybe a year...back when pin-side acted like an adult.....not like now where grown ups spell check each other and get off on it..and just look at some of the back and fourth....it's just embarrassing ..I know I'm not missed...but that's why I rarely post any more.....and to my beautiful wife...Thank you again for that fun morning photo-shoot.....your the best babe....!!!..............Joey

#228 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

It's not about the pins, it's that you have an interest in something.
    Nothing more boring than listening to somebody gossiping about other people , or moaning about their empty lives

Totally! And this applies both ways too, many girls I met back in the day after 5 minutes of them droaning on about me me me and she said then did, I never wanted to talk to again. If someone has an interesting hobby, no matter what it is, that both people can engage in a meaningful conversation about then theres a chance.

Quoted from RCA1:

Yeah, and the screen shots posted are a perfect example of the me me me type I would never have an interest in talking to. Please people, find something interesting in your life that you can talk about. If there is nothing, stop wasting time posting about what others are doing and go do something... Then you might even get a date someday.

But wait.... Now I'm talking about people talking about what were talking about... Baaaagh! Paradox encountered... I'm going to implode!

#229 7 years ago

Feel free to screen shot this ...

Here is a quote that I feel perfectly reflects the environment we are hoping to encourage on Pinside within our own set rules (i.e. no politics or religious discussions on Pinside, etc)

The University Of Chicago has informed incoming freshman that the university does not support the curtailing of the freedom of speech or expression.

"Members of our community are encouraged to speak, write, listen, challenge and learn, without fear of censorship. Civility and mutual respect are vital to all of us, and freedom of expression does not mean the freedom to harass or threaten others,” Jay Ellison wrote, according to the letter obtained by Intellectual Takeout. “You will find that we expect members of our community to be engaged in rigorous debate, discussion, and even disagreement. At times this may challenge you and even cause discomfort."

For those interested in reading the entire article, here is the link ... http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/25/university-of-chicago-to-freshmen-we-do-not-suppor/

If our approach regarding discourse is not acceptable to you as a Pinside member, please open a moderator feedback thread and we'll be happy to discuss it with you.

Marcus

#231 7 years ago

I just keep checking this thread hoping my better half will stop in (she is a pinsider) and I can finally find out why the heck she decided to put up with my and all my pinball shenanigans.

#232 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I just keep checking this thread hoping my better half will stop in (she is a pinsider) and I can finally find out why the heck she decided to put up with my and all my pinball shenanigans.

shenanigans2 (resized).jpgshenanigans2 (resized).jpg

#233 7 years ago

I pride myself on believing in equality. Unfortunately, I believe the pendulum has swung too far in direction.

I brought this topic up among non pinball guys and gals last night.

Now, Not ALL women or ALL men are into Money....but it is the flavor of the last 30 years in this consumption based society.

After a lengthy "debate/discussion" it was easy to share that roughly 80% of all advertising, retail stores at the mall are geared
    for female consumption and spending.

Im not saying this is bad, Im saying this is roughly what it is.

In that regard, and while it started as, "women are into men with pinball, because it shows a degree of wealth", quickly refuted to a
    "No", by the ladies, absolutely not.
    After about an hour....not because they were coerced or gave up, I think it did subconsciously ring a bell, that strictly because these
    guys have the funds to spend on a luxury toy, they felt it would balance out with the thing they felt were important and luxurious,
    without negative feedback.

In the end it was agreed that most, not all, women wanted a man that was willing to spend, showed they spend, and they preferred
    that attitude over a frugal, restrictive man, who would not "spend".

A sign of the times, a sign of advertising, and what its changed.....not quite the same as the 60's....

Now, where can I find a multi millionaire wife, that insists I buy more pins!!!

#234 7 years ago

For all you without humor, and those who take life mutch to seriously:

you are the reason why aliens don't vissit!!!!!!
    party poopers

this topic rules!

#235 7 years ago

"Women want guys with money and pinball"

I'm sad to report this stereotype doesn't work for short, balding out of shape gingers.

#236 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I'm sad to report this stereotype doesn't work for short, balding out of shape gingers.

Must be a ginger thing then

#237 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Get you some Trump hair. The ladies will love it.

#238 7 years ago

It's interesting how the people most uncomfortable with talking about sex and the attraction between sexes were religious people when I was growing up. It seemed that socially liberal people were the ones advocating for freedom of expression regarding images of men and women and sex. Today the reverse has happened where nearly all of the religious people I know are OK with movies and images depicting sex and the "feminists" or "SJWs" are the prudes.
    I'm not a person that curses a lot. I don't parade around shirtless or like pictures of scantily clad women in my home but I will not judge people and expect them to follow the guidelines I have set for my life. I've seen enough cultures in the world to know that people will never agree on what is right and what is wrong and I don't expect them too. If Japan wants to eat horse and dolphins, I may not partake but I won't condemn them. If Colorado and Washington want to smoke marijuana, I'll pass but go right ahead. If the people next door want to never cut their grass and let their house fall apart, it's embarrassing but it's their house. I don't understand this new trend of socially bullying and harassing people who have different ideas than you do. This recreational outrage.

hmmm....

I love pinball.

#239 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's interesting how the people most uncomfortable with talking about sex and the attraction between sexes were religious people when I was growing up. It seemed that socially liberal people were the ones advocating for freedom of expression regarding images of men and women and sex. Today the reverse has happened where nearly all of the religious people I know are OK with movies and images depicting sex and the "feminists" or "SJWs" are the prudes.

Right...but you have all the Social Injustice Warriors always getting offended by all of the SJWs. Back in the day when men were men, people had thicker skin, but now a tiny, petite feminist can cause SIWs to melt down in a huff.

I think we all need to re-evaluate our self-images.

#240 7 years ago

This thread is just ridiculous! "Honey, please stop touching the glass!"

[suggestive image removed by moderator]

#241 7 years ago
    Quoted from TOURO:

Oh yes the special snowflakes certainly do...

Yeah, dealt with her personally once. Likes to cry misogyny foul and then similar to her post, publicly flog you like the mental patient she is when you're just giving facts. Funny how they keep coming back here though when they leave their safe space and immediately go back to it with screen shots.

#242 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It really is a serious question I have most days. She is hot, makes twice as much as I do, treats me well, and likes playing games. I am still not sure how I suckered her into hooking up with an obsessive pinball dork like me.

#243 7 years ago

My self image is great - I am a Black Bear after all. I love Pinball and Honey.

Unfortunately there are others who think less of us... Lot's of energy spent on this....

Keep it up and everyone have a wonderful day!

pinside2 (resized).PNGpinside2 (resized).PNG

#244 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right...but you have all the Social Injustice Warriors always getting offended by all of the SJWs. Back in the day when men were men, people had thicker skin, but now a tiny, petite feminist can cause SIWs to melt down in a huff.
    I think we all need to re-evaluate our self-images.

I'm not a big fan of the SJW term but it's hard to think of a better one. For myself I'm OK with people not agreeing with others' ideas but it's the social attacks and attempts to ostracize and quiet opposing opinions that I don't like.

#245 7 years ago

"Unfortunately there are others who think less of us..."

Pinside is much more than a "bottom feeder" scene. I've met a lot of great people through it. Way to blanket statement everything but then again, typical today with similar folks. Pretty sad. Oh well, live and let live much less use the block function on most websites.

*gaps* You can't say that or ask that kind of question! SHUT THAT WEBSITE DOWN! (or insult it until it does)

#246 7 years ago

I feel like we are well on the path where RGP, Tiltforums, and Pinside exist only as places to bitch about each other, with Facebook acting as some kind of hellish neutral zone.

We need to reunite this shit, like Germany!

#247 7 years ago

"Niceness appeared to be the most salient factor when it came to desirability for more serious relationships"

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A:1025894203368

PS: I am not making that one up. There is a serious scientific publication called "Sex roles" and Springer is a dead-serious publisher.

#248 7 years ago
    Quoted from TOURO:

Unfortunately there are others who think less of us... Lot's of energy spent on this....
    Keep it up and everyone have a wonderful day!

I'm just amazed at how flat-out wrong and outside of reality every one of those statements is. Yeesh.

#249 7 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Speak for yourself, I'm a balding somewhat out of shape dirty blonde. Loves me some Heck tho. Rock on, brother.

YOU CAN'T SAY DIRTY IN THIS THREAD! SHUT DOWN THE SITE! WARRRGARBLLLLL!

#250 7 years ago

I don't take myself too seriously and enjoy the blessings in my life.

It's hard for me to understand those that seem to be perpetually offended by everything. It seems like there is a lot of bitterness and anger there.

There are 893 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-pinball-guys-all-get-girls/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.