Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th (resized).jpg
    pinballgirl (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    vhsbeta (resized).png
    giphy (5).gif
    11alphabits (resized).jpg
    1367487-telepathy (resized).jpg
    482d1cb2215bcaa255baca5e4649ed4c (resized).jpg
    grc (resized).jpg
    ugly man (resized).jpg
    B0168871-9AE8-4D7E-AE3C-04E8520B8BCF.PNG
    AF17668D-9BB3-40A7-9881-97631D0DB4A0.JPG
    image.png
    8204497A-92EC-49A3-B6C2-54D9F29742CE.JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    joke (resized).jpg
    There are 893 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
    #551 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Well, those women felt comfortable to come out to those recent league nights and play because none of the guys were "mansplaining" things, giving them unwanted shoulder rubs, telling them to "smile" or grabbing their asses - all things that have happened to women I know at pinball events in the past.
    I'm sure none of the guys who did those things saw a problem with it either.

Ummmm... Not sure what decade, heck, century your living in. While I have only attended pinball events and shows over the last 10 years I have never observed any such behavior.... And its not because I wouldn't see any issue with it because I would. The type of behavior you are describing I last saw in the late 80's / early 90's of the 20th century.

Come join us in the 21st century, were much more accepting here.

#552 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

I have never observed any such behavior....

So it never happened, I guess?

Okay, I'm done.

#553 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I'm sure none of the guys who did those things saw a problem with it either.

I have a big problem with anybody mistreating a woman, on any level, and I'd confront anybody that i saw doing it.

There are a hole losers that don't act right everywhere. Saw an older man tap his waitress on the butt and asked the young girl what she was doing later.

She handled it great, told him she was going to the nursing home and she'd see him there later.

Most women can deal with that stuff, my girls can certainly handle themselves.

The Op started a thread after not posting much, I think she is having fun, hopefully posts and gets involved more in the future.

Believe me, more discussion from women would be a welcome change!

#554 7 years ago

Back on topic...

4A9B946D-0A85-4993-8601-DE968AC4592D (resized).JPG4A9B946D-0A85-4993-8601-DE968AC4592D (resized).JPG

CBF97480-D129-439F-B997-D414F995C223 (resized).JPGCBF97480-D129-439F-B997-D414F995C223 (resized).JPG

#555 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

So it never happened, I guess?
    Okay, I'm done.

I'm sure it did, but why would people know about it and not do anything.

#556 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

decade, heck, century your living in. While I have only attended pinball events and shows over the last 10 years I have never observed any such behavior.... And its not because I wouldn't see any issue with it because I would. The type of behavior you are describing I last saw in the late 80's / early 90's of the 20th century.
    Come join us in the 21st century, were much more accepting here.

Agreed. I hosted a project pinball event just a few weeks ago. We proudly had five female participants (and had about as many more as guests that did not play in the tourney). If any of them expressed any of the events Fantasy Goat described the offending male would have been immediately kicked out of the house and shamed throughout or small community.

I've never seen any of the conduct Fantast Goat describes and PavBall and I host substantial parties with our machines probably half a dozen times a year.

#557 7 years ago

I just met one of the most beautiful, sexy young ladies I've seen in a long time while shopping today. Probably more than half my age. Didn't even mention pinball. I was just being my normal, cool self. And she got real friendly.

I figure you don't need to be rich, drive a fancy car, wear fancy clothes, or act like some bigwig. You just need to be ready when opportunity knocks.

Maybe if I get her to my house, my classy collection of vintage pinball machines will seal the deal.

Not! I'm going to find a place to hide them!

#558 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've never seen any of the conduct Fantast Goat describes and PavBall and I host substantial parties with our machines probably half a dozen times a year.

You guys are amazing for doing it and I hope to get to an event soon! What a great group, awesome pinball reps. Pavball gets coolest pinball chick award.

#559 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not entirely correct Mr. TigerLaw. I do think some guys when explaining the rules to ladies may explain them differently than they would to one of the guys.

Possibly this is because a lot of the ladies are less seasoned in pinball in general but I always roll my eyes when I ask about the rules of a machine and a guy acts like I've never played pinball before, which absolutely happens.

I'm not offended by this, but I do note you are not correct as it happens from time to time.

#560 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Back on topic...

Brahahahaha! Powerglove rules! Lol

#561 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just met one of the most beautiful, sexy young ladies I've seen in a long time while shopping today. Probably more than half my age. Didn't even mention pinball. I was just being my normal, cool self. And she got real friendly.
    I figure you don't need to be rich, drive a fancy car, wear fancy clothes, or act like some bigwig. You just need to be ready when opportunity knocks.
    Maybe if I get her to my house, my classy collection of vintage pinball machines will seal the deal.
    Not! I'm going to find a place to hide them!

You're stuck in a tough situation, man. If you bring her home and she finds out that you're a pinstud, you're liable to be stuck with 18 years of financial burden.

7E061E18-28D6-4F80-B02F-9F18DB05126B.JPG7E061E18-28D6-4F80-B02F-9F18DB05126B.JPG

#562 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

You're stuck in a tough situation, man. If you bring her home and she finds out that you're a pinstud, you're liable to be stuck with 18 years of financial burden.

Edit, looking closer it's pachinko. You're good to go, man!

#563 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Yeah, I just finished paying my daughters mom off for the last one.

On the plus side her and my 18 year old daughter might end up having a lot in common and will be able to hang out together.

#564 7 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Not entirely correct Mr. TigerLaw. I do think some guys when explaining the rules to ladies may explain them differently than they would to one of the guys.
    Possibly this is because a lot of the ladies are less seasoned in pinball in general but I always roll my eyes when I ask about the rules of a machine and a guy acts like I've never played pinball before, which absolutely happens.
    I'm not offended by this, but I do note you are not correct as it happens from time to time.

When this happens play stupid like you have never heard of such complex rules before and then play them in a 2 player game and kick their ass.

#565 7 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Fair enough. I was addressing Fantasy Goat's more egregious allegations of unwanted physical contact, but sure...I can accept that some males are condescending when explaining game rules to females they don't know.

#566 7 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Ok, that could be but unless they are exceptionally loud about it I try not to listen in on other people's conversations... Heck I can't even hear people next to me in most environents where pinball is being played.

#567 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The Op started a thread after not posting much, I think she is having fun, hopefully posts and gets involved more in the future.
    Believe me, more discussion from women would be a welcome change!

The OP is a woman? Are you sure?

#568 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Fair enough. I was addressing Fantasy Goat's more egregious allegations of unwanted physical contact, but sure...I can accept that some males are condescending when explaining game rules to females they don't know.

Jynx?

#569 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You guys are amazing for doing it and I hope to get to an event soon! What a great group, awesome pinball reps.

You would be a welcomed guest any time. Open invitation.

Quoted from iceman44:Pavball gets coolest pinball chick award

Absolutely.

#570 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, I just finished paying my daughters mom off for the last one.
    On the plus side her and my 18 year old daughter might end up having a lot in common and will be able to hang out together.

Yeah, raise 'em right.

Seriously though, no need to hide your pins, gals dig pinball. It's universally fun and inviting at any skill level for anyone.

#571 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Yes, the OP is a female. Confirmed.

#572 7 years ago

Seriously who the funk thought "I think we need a pregnant lady gently fondling a pachinko machine in our stock photography database"?

#573 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

When this happens play stupid like you have never heard of such complex rules before and then play them in a 2 player game and kick their ass.

Who says I have not done that already to them!!

#574 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

I'm pretty sure.

I've already stated that I dig both guys and gals, who cares?

#575 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Seriously though, no need to hide your pins, gals dig pinball. It's universally fun and inviting at any skill level for anyone.

I know. I'd hate to leave any empty space and give her any ideas about moving in and decorating the place. I like it the way it is.

One thing I've learned is you don't need to marry them to enjoy them.

#576 7 years ago

I live with my boyfriend and the place is full of my stuff.

(Of course, my stuff is more badass than his)

#577 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

I live with my boyfriend and the place is full of my stuff.

When I lived with my daughters mom, it was all her stuff except in the garage. Made it a lot easier for me when it came time to go.

I like to travel light. And that keeps me light on my feet.

#578 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When I lived with my daughters mom, it was all her stuff except in the garage. Made it a lot easier for me when it came time to go.

Doesn't matter whether you are coming or going, all of my stuff including the pinball machines are in the garage. Everything else is theirs.

I'm playing my GBLE, hanging out, and plowing the frost off of a few cold ones. In my garage.

#579 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Pretty funny topic, but video gaming nerds are desperate for women and all pinball aficionados have girlfriends or wives (ALL). Is it simply a matter of having good taste? I wouldn't say it's generational, as gaming and pinball both thrived in unison for a couple decades?
    What's your secret, do you believe it's simply a more sophisticated mindset or those crazy flipper fingers that make you never seem to fall? :p
    I'd love to hear all the theories!
    So tell the world your secrets, pinball studs.
    The key to a man's heart is his stomach. A woman's the drop targets & silver ball?

2 days and 570 plus posts ago, a female Pinside member posted this light hearted material.
    Then, giant shitbeast rolled through here.

#580 7 years ago

074980DE-DBDC-4C3A-B296-DF657C050480 (resized).JPG074980DE-DBDC-4C3A-B296-DF657C050480 (resized).JPG

2113D561-363F-4993-A944-163B425B0271 (resized).JPG2113D561-363F-4993-A944-163B425B0271 (resized).JPG

1208C0C4-5A61-4028-B62E-7D4BB1295B4D (resized).JPG1208C0C4-5A61-4028-B62E-7D4BB1295B4D (resized).JPG

#581 7 years ago

Resistance is futile!

20160827_120840 (resized).jpg20160827_120840 (resized).jpg

20160827_120821 (resized).jpg20160827_120821 (resized).jpg

#582 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

My point is that his post, which now appears to be deleted, framed his wife and daughters like property.

Not even close. He "framed" his wife and daughter like members of his family he loved and would do anything to protect. You're the one imposing this property nonsense in order to fit your skewed, angry, anti-white male views. So, if a woman said the same thing about her family members, would that simply be acting maternal? Or would she be treating them like property.

Out of all the rubbish in this thread, this is the most ridiculous.

#583 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playmatic:

Pregnant and playing Pachinko; what's not to like?

#584 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing, what I believe are your personal pictures, playmatic !?

Sharp and happy couple!

#585 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I have a big problem with anybody mistreating a woman, on any level

I have a problem with anybody mistreating anybody.

#586 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks for sharing, what I believe are your personal pictures, playmatic !?
    Sharp and happy couple!

here is a more passionate one.

d_r_esesh-12 (resized).jpgd_r_esesh-12 (resized).jpg

#587 7 years ago

Pavball, here's a thought. I'm not disagreeing with you but men speak differently toward children and women than they would usually speak toward another man. We are normally more respectful and protective toward women and kinder and protective toward children. I think that is the way it should be. I want there of course but maybe that is the case. Obviously, however being condescending is not acceptable or resentful. It's obvious to anyone who has met you that you are a highly intelligent lady and and one who likes to have fun.

James

#588 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Ha! M f ing Silverballz. Man, I have to give him much more respect now. Thought he was just a whiner! Kick his ass and keep him in line playmatic.

#589 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I'm sure it did, but why would people know about it and not do anything.

I recall some guy harassed Molly (how ironic) at a 'recent Expo and all that happened after she posted his pic is that the brigade of big fighting men here claimed they would kick his ass if they figured out who he is or if they ever saw him.

He gets spotted at another pin event several months later and all that happens is someone sees him and posts a picture they took of him. Ooohhhhh......

#590 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

He gets spotted at another pin event several months later and all that happens is someone sees him and posts a picture they took of him. Ooohhhhh......

Was it that older dorky dude that nobody seemed to be able to find? Hat, shorts and white tube socks?

#591 7 years ago

I get all the ladies because I play pinball and like to shoot things

Here's my pic, I'm what my mom calls "handsome"

IMG_2492 (resized).JPGIMG_2492 (resized).JPG

#592 7 years ago

I've never seen the word sex used so much, but yet, I don't see any of it in this thread.

#593 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Rudy appears very uncomfortable with PDA.

#594 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I recall some guy harassed Molly (how ironic) at a 'recent Expo

As I recall her and another Lady, waiting to play Hobbit. And no one nearby that heard it did a damn thing.

LTG

#595 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Such joy and Love! It warms my heart.

Glad you found each other!

#596 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

As I recall her and another Lady, waiting to play Hobbit. And no one nearby that heard it did a damn thing.
    LTG

Well they were probably letting the ladies take care of themselves. I've read some comments where some women seem to be resistant to help. One person in the Tilt Forums took exception to someone holding the door open for them.

#597 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well they were probably letting the ladies take care of themselves.

Not the way it was posted on Pinside when the story broke.

LTG

#598 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

One person in the Tilt Forums took exception to someone holding the door open for them.

F that, not only would I hold the door open for all women, I'd knock the lady down who tried to keep me from doing it

And then help her up.

#599 7 years ago

Oh, those pics above aren't of me, was just showing that pinball guys get gals. The only pics I have handy are NSFW.

Maybe i'll write Playmatic on my ass in Sharpie.

#600 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

F that, not only would I hold the door open for all women, I'd knock the lady down who tried to keep me from doing it
    And then help her up.

Yeah! Funny jokes about assaulting women!

There are 893 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-pinball-guys-all-get-girls/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.