I am this guy.
Numerous reasons for this type of behavior, including some of the following.
- No or minimal location pinball
- Pinball is expensive, so if you are ready to play another title, you gotta sell something.
- Pinball ownership can be cheap. If you purchase at the right price, you can be entertained and move on to something new with minimal cost.
- Some people find that playing only three video games over the next year is tough, same with pinball.
- Many love the idea of having the newest model. With so many different machines being made nowadays, it’s easy to want what’s new and relevant. It allows some to be part of the ‘happening’ group.
I see a new trend in this type of collecting that is working well for some and yields a lot of enjoyment, as long as the person is efficient.