(Topic ID: 122947)

Why Do People Only Want to Trade (Rather Than Sell)?

By beelzeboob

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BLFV-B.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 9 years ago

I think trading can be an advantage to the person that doesn't have a lot of money into a game. Let's say I bought a game for $1500 years ago that now sells for $3000. If I can trade it for a game that's worth $3000 then it may seem like I've gotten the better end of the deal as I only have $1500 into the game.

I realize that I could sell the game for $3000 and then buy another $3000 game but by doing that I lose my profit or equity that I had in the game. If I can trade it then my intial investment of $1500 continues to bring me profit in the form of games that are worth more than what I have invested.

When I'm ready, I can sell the game for what it's worth and realize that profit.

Until then, I can keep trading games with a minimal investment with no additional cash outlay required by me.

Having said that, I will say that I've never traded games yet.

Dave

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-people-only-want-to-trade-rather-than-sell?tu=egyptrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.