Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 362 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why do people leave the hobby?”

• Financial reasons. 139 votes
      32%
    • Pinside reasons. 35 votes
      8%
    • Sick of repairs. 47 votes
      11%
    • Marital reasons. 15 votes
      3%
    • Unspecified reasons. 48 votes
      11%
    • Beelzeboob entered the hobby. 53 votes
      12%
    • I like cheese. 99 votes
      23%

(436 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0614 (resized).JPG
    images (resized).png
    Beelz (resized).jpg
    20170703_102731_resized (resized).jpg
    Resized_20170721_094301 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20170721_094257 (resized).jpg
    satr2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0778 (resized).JPG
    Excuse me.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-07-22-10-44-52 (resized).png
    Scooby-Doo-meddling_kids (resized).jpg
    meddling-kids-button (resized).jpg
    Loser-JC (resized).jpg
    passed_out_toilet[1] (resized).jpg
    party-tape_job (resized).jpg
    Party_is_Over[1] (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 6 years ago

Time. Not enough time.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

All good and thoughtful responses.

Also it can frustrate people never increasing their skill level, and they decide to leave.

Take the hint beelzeboob

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.

Naw they sold them all for a profit after modding them

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Someone should open a Pinball Retirement Community.

Casa De o-din

Quoted from Whysnow:

Just a trend I am noticing... Many of the people noting they may be getting out in the future, have very 1 dimensional collections IMO.

I almost typed a big thing aboot just this topic. For me it's not even the collection aspect, it's the mindset I can't understand.
    If people don;t like EMs whatever I've been there that makes a little more sense...but the constant tunnel vision idea people of have of what they can like is so bizarre. "I don't like Widebody machines," "Watching the animations kills the flow," "i only like mode based games..." Just the weirdest shit.

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Due to the GB debacle, Dutch situation, and the general state of fuckery & pricing in the new sector of pinball,..

It's mostly just a lot of bickering and sycophant posting these days...

Wait til you have a kid

Hey that's my line

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from gouveia:

I voted Beelzeboob. Can I change my vote to cheese?

There's a diff'rence?

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Well, some of you will be annoyed to know i don't see myself *ever* leaving pinball.

You play pinball? I thought you're just here for political horseshit? <-- that's a joke everyone knows i love Pez

Quoted from Gryszzz:

FUCKIN SERIOUS BUSINESS.
    Was that the Carry On with Young?

I doubted it because all their good shit is without him. But lets take a look online and the results are "Fun.: Carry On [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube" bwahwahahaha oh man gettin old...this happens all the time now.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

FUCKIN SERIOUS BUSINESS.
    Everything could use a little more Neil Young really.

You know what doesn't? It's called :"Treetop Flyer" tough tits...do some research!

#283 6 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

you dont need to buy the latest Stern LE or have a collection of A list games to enjoy this hobby

Well you do when you're the kind of person that would quit because of prices

#287 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Even the "cheap" games are $2000-4000 these days...which, ya know....isn't cheap!

You're not buying games on Pinside are you?
    I picked up my Royal Flush for a couple hundy not too long ago...sold a Far Out for handful of hundys.

EDIT:

Quoted from Rarehero:

I just got Splatoon 2 for $60.
    "Cheap" pinball is still expensive to most people.

I get your obsessed with videa games now, but pinball cheap insn't that expensive for pinball people. Or hell moderate pricing.

#307 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

How much does it cost to replace the boards in new pins?

The boards are like 3-400+. MANY of them have had to be replaced...but of course they are all under warranty so it's not a massive deal....Buuuuut it may be some day and people are worried aboot it.

This is of course a massive change from years and years of being able to fix a board for under $100

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

So, the same price as replacement boards for all the other pins?
    I have purchased a few Rottendog boards over the years, and I think they were around $300.

Not that simple at all.
    The few Rottendog boards you purchased we all fixed our boards for $2; see what I mean?
    And the Node boards are super small and SMD shiz that isn't as easy for everyone to deal with.
    Are they backward compatible or not (Not form GB to GOT I've been told)? Will they be readily available? Will a rottendog type substitute be available? Rottendog board is the entire driver board...node board is just a node, only deals with ahndfull of lights or switches etc etc etc

Quoted from Nexyss:

People worry about crazy stuff sometimes. I might worry about it if they were $1500 to replace, but not if they are the same price as boards I have already replaced.

Ok money bags good for you.

#328 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

My problem with people who say Pinside is just "negativity", is that it discounts opinions as being nothing but something from curmudgeons to be shrugged off, rather than valid opinions based on experience.

Well everyone has to travel the righteous happy path to the realit...er "the negative" side of Pinside.
    Even you were there once sir...you were completely positive prices weren't going to increase when LCDs came into the picture. Every time you could you peppered that fact into the conversation "cheaper to do them than DMDs.." etc etc and now prices are too high for you.

#337 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

My take was more that prices don't HAVE to increase because of LCDs...if they did, well...that's cuz as customers we're here for the fleecing. Is Aero Pro more than GB Pro?

Yeah that's what I meant... The positive outlook like they weren't going to raise prices when of course they would.

It was when it came out... I'm sure they just bumped up both prices although of course BM66 came first to soften the blow

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-people-leave-the-hobby?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.