wms_ninesisters2s.jpg
image-A4.jpg
Playfield 9 sisters .jpg
nine sisters.jpg
Tugger.jpg
i am a people person.gif
popcorn.gif
colonel sanders.jpg
There are 1,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 21.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Does it bother you that I want more Gay people in the hobby?

You aren't fooling anyone with your coy, innocent tone and tired little jokes.

All you're doing is simply being bigoted in a smarmy (Who me?) way. Very transparent and sad.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In TV advertisement guy announcer voice.
Chessiv, let me tell you about the amazing WOZ. It has 5 magnets, count em 5 magnets! It has not one but two mini playfields! Oh wait, we are not done yet unlike most pins. Are you sick and tired of watching your ball drain on pins and then nothing happens expect that feeling of emptiness? Well you're in luck with WOZ as there's two mini outlane games where you can get your ball back! Also if you, a friend or a family member can't stand looking at DMD animations that look like the original NES Super Mario Bros game than WOZ is the game for you as it offers HD animations for the ultimate high def pinball experience!!!!

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! If you order today, you'll experience more DINGS than Breaking Bad!!!

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just can't imagine how a turned-off pinball machine's appearance would cause grief in anyone's life. You have pinball machines in your house....life is good.

When you want to enjoy it, turn it on and play it.

Dude, relax. Did I say it was causing grief in my life? Good God. My life is just fine, don't make this into something it's not.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

AND THAT'S NOT ALL! If you order today, you'll experience more DINGS than Breaking Bad!!!
» YouTube video

Well of course you will! More dings = more value for your money! Don't buy a game with only 1 or two dings when you can buy one with thousands for the same price!

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

You aren't fooling anyone with your coy, innocent tone and tired little jokes.
All you're doing is simply being bigoted in a smarmy (Who me?) way. Very transparent and sad.

You are making a fool of yourself.

I do believe that Vid is in fact, gay.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

You are making a fool of yourself.
I do believe that Vid is in fact, gay.

He's done nothing but be a nuisance in this thread, offering up only sexual orientation jokes and memes in a pinball discussion. I really don't think a pinball discussion thread needs any of that.

There are plenty of other places he can go to discuss all those things.

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

He's done nothing but be a nuisance in this thread, offering up only sexual orientation jokes and memes in a pinball discussion. I really don't think a pinball discussion thread needs any of that.

Pot, meet Kettle:

Quoted from mechslave:

Are you sure YOU'RE comfortable with your own sexual orientation? LOL

You seem to be absolutely fixated on a small sub-culture surrounding elements of the motion picture, along with code words, phrases and things most of us have never heard of. And you've repeated them in multiple threads at this point (I read your same "Friends of Dorothy" thing in multiple threads, something I've never heard of).

Just sayin

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

Pot, meet Kettle:

Huh? You quoted my reply to his sexual orientation meme joke. Since then, he proceeded to make 5-6 more posts in the same vein.

It's simply not on topic and not needed.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Huh? You quoted my reply to his sexual orientation meme joke. .

Exactly.

You tried to imply that Vid was gay with YOUR little joke.

But since he is gay, the joke was on you.

Twice now.

#310 9 years ago

If WOZ brings more people into the hobby (gay, women, kids, Samoans, whatever), I'm all for it.

(and yes, I have a WOZ).

#311 9 years ago

Reserved for insensitive joke.

#312 9 years ago

Kids, behave. Pretty please with sugar on top.

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

Exactly.
You tried to imply that Vid was gay with YOUR little joke.
But since he is gay, the joke was on you.
Twice now.

Well, if he is, then he's obviously cool with it being the big joke he's made it out to be, because he's forcefully interjected sexual orientation (and the jokes about it) into this thread, over and over again.

To me, his posts actually read exactly like a heterosexual making fun of homosexuality in a condescending way, hence my reply at the top of this page. If I read it wrong, my bad. But honestly, like I said, it's all off topic and has no place in a Pinside discussion anyway.

#314 9 years ago

I think its time to move on from this thread. We all know that WOZ is the best pinball machine ever made and that The Hobbit pinball will be the next best pinball machine once its released. Right? lol

#315 9 years ago

There's no way WOZ is gay

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Well, if he is, then he's obviously cool with it being the big joke he's made it out to be, because he's forcefully interjected sexual orientation (and the jokes about it) into this thread, over and over again.
To me, his posts actually read exactly like a heterosexual making fun of homosexuality in a condescending way, hence my reply at the top of this page. If I read it wrong, my bad. But honestly, like I said, it's all off topic and has no place in a Pinside discussion anyway.

The gay demographic is well documented in coin-op. Perhaps you should ask JPop about cv and its high earnings in gay bars in ny.

Quit tripping over yourself to prove how pc you are. Vid said nothing inflammatory. Facts are facts.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

If WOZ brings more people into the hobby (gay, women, kids, Samoans, whatever), I'm all for it.
(and yes, I have a WOZ).

Gay Samoan women...

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

» YouTube video

Just think of the interactive toys that theme could come with.

#319 9 years ago

I don't know what I dislike about WOZ. The only positive I can say is "it's pretty." Being pretty will not cut it.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It's been 24 minutes, how long is it gonna take ya? Sheesh.

#321 9 years ago

This thread is incorrectly named.

Its not that people hate or love the WOZ, as love and hate seem very similar in people minds (very freudian?) and they are often confused as to how they feel at all.

People have an emotional attachment to the theme, good or bad. The "Wizard of OZ"™ is visceral americana.

Before the film, high schools ran the play for decades, it was in every town at the local theater for decades!

As a film it just had to be made (more than a couple times?), people were and are, very attached to the story.

As a pinball machine it just had to be made also. Starting from scratch I think JJP did a fine job.

Few people in the modern world ask what is the "Wizard of OZ"™?

Eg: people will have an emotional attachment to the game.

Genuis on JJP's part as a 1st game.

It's a very good game, unique for the moment, and fun!

It is however just a game, a pass-time, not life and death.

Enjoy your games and your lives to the fullest.

#322 9 years ago

In all honesty, the thing only thing I truly hate about the game is the way it was sold and delivered.

#323 9 years ago

Startup companies much like my own, are often in a rush, customers suffer and lose faith, and the new company barely succeeds at all (but succeed they did!).

I was shocked that they actually delivered at all!

My initial seed money might have been lost, The timing for a startup company was rough to say the least.

I am very pleased with the outcome.

It tickles me that I played an tiny part by staying with them. Now for me JJP is americana.

#324 9 years ago

Back to topics Woz is for me the best game ever after AC/DC

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Kids, behave. Pretty please with sugar on top.

+1

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

classic

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

In all honesty, the thing only thing I truly hate about the game is the way it was sold and delivered.

Would be nice if the game itself could be evaluated on it's own merits, but human nature being what it is, that's an impossibility.

The way it was sold, the infamous pre-order/pre-pay seems to be more polarizing than the game itself, and the delivery problems are indeed very worrisome, but they have absolutely nothing to do with the game as pinball machine, isolated from everything else, WOZ is truly an amazing accomplishment.

#328 9 years ago

yeah this is definitely a game where the dust needs to settle a couple years before it can be evaluated on its merits.

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

yeah this is definitely a game where the dust needs to settle a couple years before it can be evaluated on its merits.

I can't wait.

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Gay Samoan women...

Angry Samoans

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Mine is in the entryway of the house. It's the first thing you see and it's right next to AC/DC. I care what it looks like when it's off, and I'm not the only one who has noticed it. But lets not make this issue into a big deal though. It's been debated before and I don't want anyone thinking it's a major issue with me.

Well said, exactly how I feel. I have one of my pins near the entry of my house, so yes, I do care some about how it looks when its off. Is it a huge deal? Of course not, but that doesn't mean that I don't care at all either.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I just can't imagine how a turned-off pinball machine's appearance would cause grief in anyone's life. You have pinball machines in your house....life is good.
When you want to enjoy it, turn it on and play it.

A little hyperbole there Greg?

Who said it causes "grief"? He said it wasn't a major issue. That's not the same as saying it's a huge deal or that it would cause him grief. I think the LCD in WOZ looks pretty funky when it's off too, and it would bug me to a degree. Is it a deal breaker? Not at all. But I disagree with the idea that it shouldn't matter one bit.

Quoted from Rarehero:

» YouTube video

lol

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well said, exactly how I feel. I have one of my pins near the entry of my house, so yes, I do care some about how it looks when its off. Is it a huge deal? Of course not, but that doesn't mean that I don't care at all either.

Do you guys leave your TVs on 24/7?

Quoted from RobT:

A little hyperbole there Greg?
Who said it causes "grief"? He said it wasn't a major issue. That's not the same as saying it's a huge deal or that it would cause him grief. I think the LCD in WOZ looks pretty funky when it's off too, and it would bug me to a degree. Is it a deal breaker? Not at all. But I disagree with the idea that it shouldn't matter one bit.

Yeh, you're right...I admit it - I cry tears of sadness every single day because my DMDs are blank & all the lights on my games are off. I'm ashamed if anyone sees them this way. A friend came over yesterday, and when he saw that my Donkey Kong Jr.'s monitor wasn't on - he beat the shit out of me and left me to die. No one should leave their games off, ever! They're just too much of a horrible sight to behold!!!!

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do you guys leave your TVs on 24/7?

No. Why do you ask?

I don't leave my pins on 24/7 either. What's your point?

Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeh, you're right...I admit it - I cry tears of sadness every single day because my DMDs are blank & all the lights on my games are off. I'm ashamed if anyone sees them this way. A friend came over yesterday, and when he saw that my Donkey Kong Jr.'s monitor wasn't on - he beat the shit out of me and left me to die. No one should leave their games off, ever! They're just too much of a horrible sight to behold!!!!

I don't blame him. I'd beat the shit out of you too!

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Uh oh... A little truth shines through.

This is another reason why people relentlessly follow these threads even when they do not or chose not to own the game. People got so but hurt over waiting so long, and rightfully so. On the other hand if you really believed Jack when he said the game would be delivered around Christmas of 2011, then you had some pretty high hope. I knew that dates they were giving me we not going to happen. That's why I didn't bug them much.

I think Jack rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and this is why you have what you have here. I mean, who the hell follows a game they don't like? I realize in this case here the thread title drew them in but what about all the other threads? Maybe it goes back to what was stated earlier in this thread by one poster.

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't blame him. I'd beat the shit out of you too!

No no no no no, I'm turning all my games on so they look pretty! Do they look pretty!?! Do they, do they, do they!? Spare me, please! There's not one blank screen to offend your eyes!!!!!

#336 9 years ago

Empty back glass..

Another ridiculous argument. People talk as if there is absolutely nothing on the back glass. What the hell year are half you guys living in? 1965?

Times change, sometimes we don't like it, but learn to live with it. It happens with everything all around you every day.

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Maybe it goes back to what was stated earlier in this thread by one poster.

I think vid was joking

#338 9 years ago

On the hate for how the game was sold..........Sorry boys - crowdsourcing/crowdfunding is here to stay and will only become more prevalent - particularly in tech. Banks just don't give loans like they used to. There would be no JJP without the paying up front model aka crowdsourcing. So to those of you who hate the selling model I guess you'd prefer there were no more pinball companies? Used to be people had to pay for everything with 100% cash too, the full amount - including things like your house. Times and trends tend to change and evolve. Gotta keep up.

Gartner is pretty respected - see below. If anything give Jack some credit for being ahead of the curve.

http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2603215

By 2017, more than half of consumer goods manufacturers will receive 75 percent of their consumer innovation and R&D capabilities from crowdsourced solutions. Near Term Flag: Consumer goods companies that employ crowdsourced solutions in marketing campaigns or new product development will enjoy a 1 percent revenue boost over noncrowdsourced competitors by 2015.

Engineers, scientists, IT professionals and marketers at consumer goods companies are engaging crowds much more aggressively and with increasing frequency using digital channels to reach a larger and more anonymous pool of intellect and opinion. Gartner sees a massive shift toward applications of crowdsourcing, enabled by technology, such as: advertising, online communities, scientific problem solving, internal new product ideas,

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think vid was joking

Funny

#340 9 years ago

Woz update, just did a pin review of all of my pins, 1 16 oz Coors Light per pin play, went through Lotr LE, Wpt, Nba FB, SM, Wh20, RS, Ac/dc and Woz…..

The votes have been tabulated and Woz is the winner because, yes its a great "player", and DOTS SUCK balls, its time to move on. Love the Lcd and interaction and I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this before but here is my biggest observation of my "pin a beer go"….

Woz has the most TOYS! I love all my babies…..hehe

Seriously, I love a good "Pin a beer go"…….Can I make it 2 rounds? Let's see……….

Did I say DOTS suck? I still have my old Atari and Intellivison boxed up……

Ohh, and btw, I'm gonna have one in honor of Jpop and try and visualize Raza and AIW, play it in my mind! At the turn, as I make my way to the back nine…..

#341 9 years ago

What the hell are they putting in Coors Light nowadays?!?

#342 9 years ago

Having had the opportunity to play this.....

Visually, I love it. Great colors and artwork. I find myself drawn to games that are artistically interesting these days.

Game play- not grabbing me, but not bad either. I was playing on a game that did seem to have weaker flippers, so that could have detracted from my overall experience. Theme- well it didn’t make me want to go out and find it, however, it could have been something a bit more current that might be attractive to newer players.

Observations- I cannot help but wonder with the amount of inserts this game has, and the amount of toys on the playfield, how long until the playfields really start to warp?

Having been at several shows with Jack pushing his product, and promoting it, one really needs to keep in mind, this is a business. While the Stern bashing may be not needed, any new business to market needs to try to promote themselves and make their product stand out for sales. I feel like Jack is doing the same thing here. And I will say kudos to JJP for completing the game and actually getting it out, when others have talked the talk and not walked the walk.
So I do wish JJP the best of luck with future games, as well as being able to address issues that came from WOZ. Remember, this was the first release, there is a learning curve is to be expected. I don't hate this game, but I don't love it. Just like an 80's Bally

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

You mean once they're all delivered?

#344 9 years ago

Ok, just made the turn on number 13, starting to slow down a bit, but what I have realized in my "pin a beer go" journey is that I'm pretty much a world class pinball player. And I need to focus and get myself ready for the next Pinball World Cup. I have developed my sensory reflexes in such a manner that I'm not sure they can even be matched on any level. Kind of like that chick on Xmen keeping Wolvie from breaking his train of thought…...

Just got interrupted by the wife for Jack Bauer and 24…….to be continued…..maybe….probably!

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

What the hell are they putting in Coors Light nowadays?!?

Urine.

#346 9 years ago

WoZ has a lot of qualities that I want to continue to see in pinball.

Since the thread is about negative aspects of WoZ, my feelings are that it isn't super interesting to play. It didn't really succeed in hitting those buttons that give me thrills when playing pinball. It is rather slow and plodding, as people have put it.

Also not a fan of the theme but I thought it was very well realised.

I'm extremely impressed with all the technical aspects of WoZ, though, and there is huge potential for future JJP games to be more exciting and visceral than we have seen before.

#347 9 years ago

Coors, It's the nectar of the gods! I have now put 24 in play, Jack just threw that bitch out the window and splattered her skull along with her kid! Maybe they can redo 24 with a "vault edition" that is a whole lot better and updated.

I'll take a new 24 that is fixed. No IM for me, yes on a 24.

#348 9 years ago

In regards to comments about slow and plodding gameplay...

Myself and many others like the stop and go gameplay combined with some flow. Many new games are so focused on flow that they lose out on interesting and unique gameplay due to a lack of toys on the playfield as well as interesting modes. Most pins also only have one area where modes are accessed / targeted, with WOZ there's several. The crystal ball area has 4 unique modes which are all 2 ball multiballs, the Munckin mini playfield has 4 modes including a multiball, the upper left mini playfield allows players to play a 2-4 multiball with risk / reward playing heavily into locking more balls for Rescue Multiball. Then there's Haunted Multiball which is unlocked after collecting the 3 Haunted Modes. There's also Fireball Frenzy after defeating 3 witch hurry ups which focuses on the witch area and other shots throughout the playfield. Can't forget about Emerald City multiball either which is a great objective based multiball. Then there's two games wizard modes. I can only speak about Battle the Wicked Witch as I haven't reached Somewhere Over the Rainbow but it requires the player to access nearly all of the areas and shots on the playfield. Besides all of the game standard modes there's also two mini outlane games.

Overall playing WOZ gives me that feeling like I'm on a quest while playing it where as when I play my ACDC I just feel like I'm going for points. There are times during WOZ games where I could care less about my score as I'm more excited about how many modes I can unlock and how far I can get in them. I can't think of any other game that provides that type of fun factor other than LOTR.

The modes in WOZ, like most modes in Keith games, provide a unique type of gameplay compared to other pins too. Where most games have players targeting one area during a multiball Keith makes the player work the entire playfield and that to me beats high flow any day and bashing one area / toy again and again.

WOZ is a masterpiece in my opinion and its ruleset makes all of the games toys and features shine.

#349 9 years ago

Coors has so little taste, I don't even think it has urine in it.

It makes you wonder why Big and Little Enos wanted it so bad ....

image-274.jpgimage-274.jpg

rd

#350 9 years ago

Lame theme, wide body, clunky layout, and JJP personnel are... Well, i'll pass on that for fear of being threatened with a libel suit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 24.50
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 1,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-people-hate-woz/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.