(Topic ID: 248948)

Why do people change their avatar on Pinside?

By Jgel

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

829A1730-DD04-44C1-AEAB-705CD6F3A410 (resized).jpeg
    3A7A3CF7-B429-429B-9422-97744D9BA63B (resized).png
    DEC675D9-1E35-4A1B-8A29-696D69DED7E2 (resized).jpeg
    8C2EDA66-F703-4C8E-822F-99F347F7DEF3 (resized).jpeg
    12D50448-EE50-4B3D-ACAB-7DBCEC902393 (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    Frontier (resized).jpg
    20190805_184015.jpg
    0337CAE2-134A-4E84-BBFB-9F8687632047 (resized).jpeg
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I guess maybe it's because I am a visual person but why do you/people change their avatar? I just realized that I was talking to someone that I had bought a game from in the past and didn't realize that it was the same person because they changed their avatar. I get used to seeing the little pic and when it changes I don't know who you are. If we had a Pinside meet up I would need everyone to wear a shirt with their avatar on it. Has this ever screwed up anyone else? Maybe I'm just getting old.

#2 4 years ago

People get bored and like to express how they currently feel through the Avatar. I agree with you though and use it as a way for posters to identify me. Only thought of changing it once and it's because somebody was using the same avatar photo.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

somebody was using the same avatar photo.

Oh man, I hate when this happens. I really get confused when this happens in the same thread.

#4 4 years ago

I only did once. When a lot of people did. To honor a deceased Pinsider. Then after a week I think, changed it back.

LTG : )

#5 4 years ago

because it is just a picture i like, it has no bigger meaning
    when i find a new pic, i will change

#6 4 years ago

I have changed mine a couple of times. I don't see myself selling my 9-ball, but if I do, I'll probably change my avatar.

#7 4 years ago

I changed mine once for a few minutes...but was asked to change it back by several people. O-din screwed me up for a while a year or two back when he kept changing his every few days.

And nothing better than needing more cowbell...so keep yours. It's easy to pick out your posts.

#8 4 years ago

I had thought about changing mine.....but I agree.....its easier to identify the person who posted. So I left mine alone....

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

O-din screwed me up for a while a year or two back when he kept changing his every few days.

Shit I remember that. Every time I read a smart ass comment of his I was like "who is this guy" and then realized it was him .

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

So I left mine alone....

And for that, I thank you.

#11 4 years ago

I changed mine to support pride month, but have been too lazy to change it back. Plus I kinda like it

#12 4 years ago

Just to fck with you

#13 4 years ago

Or in one case - Kaneda made him do it

#14 4 years ago

I haven't changed mine yet I agree I get confused when other pinside change there avatars.

#15 4 years ago

You can change your avatar?

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

I guess maybe it's because I am a visual person but why do you/people change their avatar? I just realized that I was talking to someone that I had bought a game from in the past and didn't realize that it was the same person because they changed their avatar. I get used to seeing the little pic and when it changes I don't know who you are. If we had a Pinside meet up I would need everyone to wear a shirt with their avatar on it. Has this ever screwed up anyone else? Maybe I'm just getting old.

Because sometimes you just Need More Cowbell

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I changed mine to support pride month, but have been too lazy to change it back. Plus I kinda like it

The avatar or pride month?

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

The avatar or pride month?

Yes

#19 4 years ago

What is in today is out tomorrow.

Kinda like those newer pinball machines.

Or what was in yesterday is out today. Or really what was out yesterday is still out.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Agree with this statement. I also get used to seeing people by their avatar. But can under stand people that just get tired of the one they use and only change once in a great while. As for the people that change theirs every day, week or month. I think they just wat to feel special or draw attention to them selves.

I did change mine once after my first 6 months on pinside. The picture I have now I think suits me fine and probably wont change it again.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from RJL:

You can change your avatar?

Not you, you cant!

#22 4 years ago

I don't change mine. I only add to it.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

What is in today is added to tomorrow. I like it!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What is in today is out tomorrow.
    Kinda like those newer pinball machines.
    Or what was in yesterday is out today. Or really what was out yesterday is still out.

0337CAE2-134A-4E84-BBFB-9F8687632047 (resized).jpeg0337CAE2-134A-4E84-BBFB-9F8687632047 (resized).jpeg
    #25 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

[quoted image]

Is your avatar from the comic Bone, by any chance?

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Is your avatar from the comic Bone, by any chance?

Yep! I was and am a big fan. Although I’ll admit this thread has got me thinking it might be time to mix things up after five years ...

#27 4 years ago

No one knows or cares who I am, so I could probably get away with changing it and no one would notice.

#28 4 years ago

I changed mine once (well, twice, once to support a pinsider) and Pinside lost their shit....I had to change it back to settle down the mob

#29 4 years ago

Why y'all always picking on me?

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

No one knows or cares who I am, so I could probably get away with changing it and no one would notice.

We would care. We know who you are. Didn’t you used to have Mario facing forward?

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Why y'all always picking on me?

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

We would care. We know who you are. Didn’t you used to have Mario facing forward?

Nope, its always been this except my first month, I had the "good sir" MEME but a pinball in place of the monocle.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

Nope, its always been this except my first month, I had the "good sir" MEME but a pinball in place of the monocle.

Don't forget you we're rocking the M.Bison throat slash avatar for a while....in color!!

#34 4 years ago

hahaha yeah I was just so proud of that colorization. Maybe I'll start changing it every time I color a game.... nah too much work.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Just to fck with you

Maybe they're just a bit feverish?

#36 4 years ago

Because I can

Usually it's something I see artistically and take a pic. Current avatar is newly enshrined pro football hall of fame Badass Ed Reed

20190805_184015.jpg20190805_184015.jpg
    #37 4 years ago

Basically when you change your pic, all of the D bag posting in your past will be forgotten and you will be born again...

#38 4 years ago

I dont change often but when I do it is because I restore a game or get something new or have some reason to be proud for a new avatar.

My current one is my completely restored Fireball 72' It was the first EM I restored, it won best in show at MGC, and served as the capstone of winning best in show for all 3 eras that can get awards (DMD, SS, and EM).

My biggest question is WHY do people that post, not have any avatar???

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

My current one is my completely restored Fireball 72' It was the first EM I restored, it won best in show at MGC, and served as the capstone of winning best in show for all 3 eras that can get awards (DMD, SS, and EM)

My first avatar was the head only of yours. I played one brand new in '72 and it pretty much blew me away. I've had three now. Can't remember exactly why I changed it the first time, but it kind of snowballed after that.

I guess it has to do with the way I am. Always looking forward and trying not to get stuck in any rut.

As far as the latest one, why not take it off this fully restored beauty? I look at it and see the same dude on Skateball, but a little older with slightly different interests.

Frontier (resized).jpgFrontier (resized).jpg
    #40 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

didn't yours have a tote bag in it at one point?

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

didn't yours have a tote bag in it at one point?

Nope. The tote-bag was never worthy!

#42 4 years ago

I got a different car so changed to that wheel picture but it’s the same idea.

#43 4 years ago

My photo was of a theme I really wanted.. then they made said theme and I hated it... so then I changed it to the immaculate alien... and now its my vw bus which I don't plan on changing.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

My biggest question is WHY do people that post, not have any avatar???

Maybe they don't know how ?

LTG : )

#45 4 years ago

I picked mine to never change. Frank Frazetta summons a demon. It is small. But, I bet that thing could destroy the entire state!

The immortal Frank Frazetta! I just play pinball!

#46 4 years ago

Requiem for a shark!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #47 4 years ago

I would have shook his hand. Take care all.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Maybe I'm just getting old.

bullseye the name is there its just a picture.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As far as the latest one,

I thought it was Kenny Rogers

#50 4 years ago

Maybe I will change mine when I retire.... (any day now) I hope... Oh well as long as they keep making IB profen I guess I will stay in it.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-people-change-their-avatar-on-pinside-?hl=play_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.