(Topic ID: 193377)

Why do people ask so much?

By Dom1

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are people asking too much for less then perfect machines”

• Yes 93 votes
      48%
    • They're right on the spot 19 votes
      10%
    • They should be asking more 30 votes
      15%
    • People drive me bonkers with their asking price! 53 votes
      27%

(195 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shangri.jpg
    true (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 6 years ago

So the good news is that with increasing prices, more of these games are getting restored. Time invested to do so not quite worth it yet, but getting there. However, EMs still remain a labor of love and will do so for a long time to come.

Anyone who says there aren't deals to be found isn't looking hard enough. Yes, deals on fully restored, beautiful machines ARE hard to find. Deals on machines that need some TLC can be found and as long as you don't add the value of your time (which I don't because I love fixing pins) it all works out ok. For me I just make sure I'm not too picky on exact machine, tend to focus on the cheaper SS, and make sure when looking at pinside price I still have some room left if I ever need to sell. And I don't remain glued to craigslist and have still found plenty of deals. Employing that strategy sure I've been burned a few times, but overall if I ever liquidate I'll do ok even after having acquired most of my pins over the last 2 years.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnder:

Do you guys realize how hard it is for guys that just got started in the hobby this year? Sheesh I'm so jealous of the guys that have owned these machines for the better part of the last 10 years. You guys got crazy pinball equity built up over the last few years from machines you bought for 1/10 of the price! While guys like me have to settle for $500 Motordomes

Hey back in 1987 I paid $500 for Motordome ! So not everything has gone up

WORST .... PIN ..... EVER (well except for maybe SF2)

#83 6 years ago

I think we have to remember that the price on old games is calibrated somewhat by the price on new games. Higher price on NIB -> higher price on old (but not as high as NIB). So yeah high prices as long as there are new pin manufacturers out there are here to stay.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-people-ask-so-much?tu=pookycade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.