(Topic ID: 149193)

why do people ask for pictures of games 4-sale then no thank you?

By gameon46

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by metallik
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image_(resized).png
    schumer_(resized).jpg
    back_in_my_day_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    You'reWelcomeAsshole_(resized).jpeg
    mailbox_046_(resized).jpg
    mailbox_020_(resized).jpg
    studio_setup1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gameon46.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have really gotten to the point of being fed up with Pinsiders. You can get passed off if you want.

But when you contact me and ask for pictures of games. And I spend 15 mins sending pictures I get no response? None!!! No thanks I got them. No nothing. What's up around here????

Try selling your collection of over 50 games. And you get to the point you want to raise your prices!!!

Anyone have any feedback on the issue?

#31 8 years ago

What I can see is there is a lot of the responses are. That I don't nothing about anything beside that I get what I want when I want it.

You think I would be even interested in lowering prices so assailed could get the games? I would raise them!!!

I you would look at my profile you would see I've sold about 40% of my games. And I have people coming this week and next week.

What I'm talking about is the arrogance around here. I've learned to pay for what I get. How can you ask for a perfect game when your bank account has players condition money in it?

#33 8 years ago

Thing is this. You have people that have all the latest phones, apps, PayPal, eBay accounts, I mean everything. I have been collecting about 12 years. I don't do PayPal. No eBay. No photo upload sites. And this has never been a problem. You know why? Because people weren't this bad before.

I've had 3 people try to buy my game collection. The only reason they wanted the whole collection is they thought I was broke and was a sucker.

#37 8 years ago

I don't mind putting my time out for a perspective buyer. If someone wants a list of all work or extras or a full set of pics. If I don't have them I will get them.

Not all my games have had a bunch of money put into them.

Some have called me on the phone. After talking awhile about pins. I guess after asking about prices and condition. They felt like it was worth the trip and try for a better price to buy a few. And you know I've got to meet some cool guys. As long as I haven't put money into the game on top of what I paid for it. I let a number of the go cheap. That's what happens when your nice about it!!!

#38 8 years ago

Beg your pardon Mr small pinball collection. I got lots of bites. That's why I've sold over 20 games the last few weeks. What the thread was started about is being polite when asking for people's time.

I can bet it didn't take much to make you mad huh? Lol

#41 8 years ago

Here's the thing with the pictures. They ask for pictures of games not even listed 4-sale. So I have to go take pictures for them. I tell them that. Send them and get no response. What do you call that? And I know my STTNG is a 5k game with not a mark on the playfield or cabinet. Plus full tear down. Custom mods. And extras added to upgrade the game. Am I supposed to let it go for 4k?

#46 8 years ago

I didn't post 60 for sale adds guys. Be for real. Come on. Who the heck would do that. As fast as the games are selling I can't even keep up. Guys are seeing my comments about selling the collection. So look up my collection. That's where the picture thing comes in. At the same time people are endlessly emailing me instead of calling me after leaving my phone # in the pm. Someone else is loading the game up in there truck.

Think about it.

#48 8 years ago

You can't just list 50 plus games for sale. You know that. You just being funny. I listed a few. Then just mentioned it in public posts like what's for sale in dc area.

While I got a life life other then pinball I'm trying to get all the HD pictures and info everyone has asked for. I got behind because over 100 people have been contacting me. If you think selling a few is hard. Try selling 50.

#49 8 years ago

You know with comments like that you will have a hard time getting a deal out of anyone selling but someone desperate for $

#51 8 years ago

And you guys are good at uploading pictures to some storage place. I don't know how to do that. So I'm trying to get pics and info as fast as I can.

I don't hustle or flip games. These are part of my collection I've had for years.

I just bought games. Hardly ever sold games. They used to sell the first week listing them on craigslist 5 years a go.

#53 8 years ago

You know how to do that. I don't. Now it's a free for all. Lol

#55 8 years ago

Ogeist0 thanks. But we did see where people stand. And if you follow the responses most people will agree. Its better to be considerate asking for things.

You will get better deals with people also if it moves beyond being just a business transaction.

Not saying you become buddies. But haven't you guys learned the best businessman get most of there deals networking. So burning bridges only hurts yourselves!

#59 8 years ago

I know bigd1979. Didn't you come play the sttng? If you did. You know how nice it is.

#60 8 years ago

Not when you look up someone's collection on Pinsiders. Ask info about the game. Get it. Then ask for pictures. Get them. Then disappear like a kidnap victim?

#61 8 years ago

That's just like saying F-you and your game. I just got you to do something I didn't even give a shot about.

#63 8 years ago

You should have seen the thread this weekend about the WOZRR. Got so bad the guy had to remove the 4-sale add. He asked 9k for it. And had installed over 1k in upgrades to it. Had just over 100 plays.

#67 8 years ago

I like SealClubbers response. Very well said!!!

#80 8 years ago

Thanks because I just wanted to list a few at a time. I put it out there on the public forums that I would be willing to sell any and all. Thought that if they looked at my collection and seen a game they were looking for they would be interested in it. That I could tell them about the game and send pics.

I have 2 houses, 60 games, and a wife and kids. I don't know if most people could take care of that many games at two houses. But that's what happens in pinball. I'm not the first and won't be the last.

My new wife talked some sense into me. Why have two houses with no basement game room. Sell both houses and one to make a huge basement game room. She has a point. So instead of putting the games in storage I decided to sell them. And start over later on.

I can can see older middle age people seeing a bunch of pinball games in a house for sale.

I would have to list the house on Pinside! Lmao

#83 8 years ago

Lol. There was a day if you weren't on your way to the hospital you would be arrested for waring this carp. Go in Wal-Mart and look around. Look like the cheese line at Social Services.

#84 8 years ago

No Pic. But if the game is a brand new WOZRR. Which sells for 9500. Isn't one with $1,000 in upgrades with just over 100 games worth 8500-9000?

#91 8 years ago

That's all that needs to be said. Heck you even know they got them without it. Shit I've even asked a couple times and they grunted like they were on the shitter. Lol

#95 8 years ago

Not going to happen. Not going to get this one. Keep looking. There are a ton of 3500-4500 sttng. This one is 5k.

#102 8 years ago

I was going to be nice and let it go cheap. But after all the shit the buyer put me through I've decided why sell it cheap? I don't need the money. I could take all 60 games and have a bonfire in the backyard and it wouldn't hurt me.

Then the contact me again on Pinside. Owns his own hotel. Got more money then me. Charges over $600 a night for some of his rooms. And I'm going to sell cheap. He didn't even want to pay me in cash. Want me to take 2-days voucher to the hotel. Yup right. Knock another $1,000 off the game. Not.

#106 8 years ago

And guess what? You have developed a nice network of good business. Your name travels. People vouch for you even when you don't know it.

Guys that think it dosn't matter have have less opportunities. They don't know it though. They know it all remember?

#108 8 years ago

I have sold 10 more games then I would have just by networking.

#110 8 years ago

I hardly ever sold games. Always buying. That's how I got to 60. My friends think I'm crazy for some of the games I've bought. But to watch the kids and newbies faces is why I did it.

So trying to find Pinheads that have enough room to get kids games like Super Mario Bros,and rescue 911.

#112 8 years ago

Yes. I've had to go to NYC for work. I couldn't believe it. The can't have parking meters. They only take credit cards. Daily parking was $150. Crazy stuff.

#116 8 years ago

I hope no one. Unless they talked on the phone and was close enough to drive over to look and play them. I had a couple guys do that. Nicest guys you could meet. We were like big kids checking them out.

I was very honest with them. And I think they had a good buying experience also. They liked more bang for the buck pins. And that was cool for me.

#119 8 years ago

Did have pics ready to go for the game they contacted me about. They asked for a unlisted game in the collection. After getting them the pictures and sending info about what's been done to the game I find that I must have been talking to myself. Because there is no one there? Lol

#121 8 years ago

Only if there low on money!

#125 8 years ago

I had a BOP listed for 2800. Full tear down and shop. New heartbeat ramp. Nice original playfield with low ware. Led's. Nice backglass. New full cabinet decals and new legs and protectors. I listed it for 2800. Yes I didn't get the pictures up the same day. And I herd about it. All good.

I got them up though. Then all everyone did is harass me. Even telling me Why didn't I post pics of the new heartbeat ramp. And I did take pictures of it. It turned into one big harassment.

Anyway I ended up selling for the 2800 to someone that contacted me on craigslist.

If want something nice ask your mom to help you out. Don't ask for the nicer game to come down to your project pockets. Haha.

#127 8 years ago

Pinbum I'm in the same position. And I used to be broke as shit looking in the windows. I have a game house I don't rent or even live in. Buying and selling is a 50/50. How many times have you had the cash and we're looking for a game and lost it to someone else? Sucks if it was what you might have wanted.

When I want something I want it. The wife better not get in my way!

#129 8 years ago

That gives new meaning to money. When you can control who sells what to who.

#131 8 years ago

Not me. I'm not a elitist. That's what I'm hearing though.

#198 8 years ago

Well maybe I should have had a bunch of you guys come over and take the pictures if all 60 games and upload them like you suggest.

I bet if I pull your profiles up you don't have 60 games, 2 houses, a job, and wife and kids?

It started out with a few games listed. That never sold. And over 100 people contacting me about games in 3-weeks. At the same time showing games, selling games, and banging the wife like she expects! Lol

#202 8 years ago

I got 5 more lined up to sell this weekend. If anyone is interested in what I got left. They can send me pm. I will give the price condition and any info needed and pictures.

But if you pm and ask. And I send you a bunch of stuff. I don't give a dam if you want the game or not. But you sure can say "THANKS" and leave it at that!!!

#203 8 years ago

They are listed. In my Pinside collection that's updated every time I sell a game.

#204 8 years ago

Why have that many? Well it just happened. May next time keep it at 20. I get bored to easy with just a few games. When I was single why not date a bunch of women. Now married but I still don't have to ask my wife if I can buy a game like all the other guys that say they have to ask the wife. Lol

#206 8 years ago

It's been working fine. Until you run into a small number of people with nothing to do. Why are so many games selling. And so many people supporting me if I'm doing it all wrong? That's why I'm me. When you sell something I don't tell you your doing it all wrong. You have to do it this way. Right? I ask you for what I need to see if I really want that game. If I wasn't interested at all, why would I even contact you?

This makes perfect sense to me.

#208 8 years ago

If I can get the count down to 10 or under I don't need to worry about it. Games can stay in one room of the other house. I just want this one house on the market this spring.

I can get it done!!!

#209 8 years ago

Must be a coincidence

#211 8 years ago

Thanks for putting in good word for me. Your right. Took 12 years buy them all. Now selling in just a month or two is like unbelievable.

Got to meet a lot of cool guys along the way.

#221 8 years ago

Thank you! There are a lot of Pinsiders that feel the same way. At least we are in the majority thank God. It would he'll if we just walked over everyone to get our way!

#225 8 years ago

This is him. If I did that my sincere apologies. I had over 20 texts and emails coming in each day. I really didn't mean to. If you could hit me up again would have helped. One thing I won't do is del sell a game.

Lord knows I've drove over 3 hrs and had it done to me more the once.

Again my bad

#226 8 years ago

Thanks for not beating me up. I sure feel guilty about forgetting. Things have slowed down. So I been able to keep up.

Thanks for the kind words about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gameon46.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-people-ask-for-pictures-of-games-4-sale-then-no-thank-you?tu=gameon46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.