(Topic ID: 149193)

why do people ask for pictures of games 4-sale then no thank you?

By gameon46

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by metallik
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image_(resized).png
    schumer_(resized).jpg
    back_in_my_day_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpg
    You'reWelcomeAsshole_(resized).jpeg
    mailbox_046_(resized).jpg
    mailbox_020_(resized).jpg
    studio_setup1_(resized).jpg

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 4 years ago

Gameon46 wouldnt it be easier to just list all of games titles, and then just send pics of the one there interested in? And having 60 ems are projects dont count, i for one have owned many complete games at different times, but why own this many.

#202 4 years ago

I got 5 more lined up to sell this weekend. If anyone is interested in what I got left. They can send me pm. I will give the price condition and any info needed and pictures.

But if you pm and ask. And I send you a bunch of stuff. I don't give a dam if you want the game or not. But you sure can say "THANKS" and leave it at that!!!

#203 4 years ago

They are listed. In my Pinside collection that's updated every time I sell a game.

#204 4 years ago

Why have that many? Well it just happened. May next time keep it at 20. I get bored to easy with just a few games. When I was single why not date a bunch of women. Now married but I still don't have to ask my wife if I can buy a game like all the other guys that say they have to ask the wife. Lol

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from gameon46:

They are listed. In my Pinside collection that's updated every time I sell a game.

From your very first post i could not figure out what machines were for sale. I see now.

#206 4 years ago

It's been working fine. Until you run into a small number of people with nothing to do. Why are so many games selling. And so many people supporting me if I'm doing it all wrong? That's why I'm me. When you sell something I don't tell you your doing it all wrong. You have to do it this way. Right? I ask you for what I need to see if I really want that game. If I wasn't interested at all, why would I even contact you?

This makes perfect sense to me.

#207 4 years ago

Are you quoteing me?

#208 4 years ago

If I can get the count down to 10 or under I don't need to worry about it. Games can stay in one room of the other house. I just want this one house on the market this spring.

I can get it done!!!

#209 4 years ago

Must be a coincidence

#210 4 years ago

Whoa guys slow down and let me catch up reading on this thread.
    I did talk to the op about buying 1 or 2 pins. Prices were good and he seamed friendly. My end of the deal fell through when I was contacted about one of my holy grail's coming for sale. Decided to save my cash for a MET/Prem. SPoke with op and all was good.
    As someone who also through on a similar for sale add for 24 pins. It can be a bit over whelming with all the PM's I sold 5 of my games then stopped at that.

#211 4 years ago

Thanks for putting in good word for me. Your right. Took 12 years buy them all. Now selling in just a month or two is like unbelievable.

Got to meet a lot of cool guys along the way.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I always try to reply to someone with just a quick thing like "not what I'm looking for," "Not in for a project," ""That price is shit house rat crazy,"what are you smoking bro that game is a piece of shit," or "did you let you stupid kids take those pictures,"Do you bang your wife on that dirty glass?" etc.
    But hey, I'm a people person.

But you have the good manners to thank them.

Quoted from metallik:

If I'm looking to buy a game, I find it annoying to have to go through the extra step of requesting photos when none are provided in the first place. Why should I spend *more* time thanking a seller for wasting both of our time in the first place? Courtesy goes both ways. Fortunately, most sellers are smart enough to provide pictures up front, so this is rarely a problem anymore. Hell, the OP even admitted he's not a motivated seller in multiple posts. Wasting people's time is far more rude than a forgotten apology for pics that should have already been available...

While I agree, it is hard to understand how someone can post a machine for sale and think they won't need photos. But the incompetence and/or poor manners of a seller should not be an excuse for not acknowledging when photos are sent. I will say that I can understand a seller could potentially having reasons to not just post them, and ask you to contact them for photos, but I can certainly see taking issue if when requested they don't have the photos readily available.

IMO, poor manners/courtesy by one person should not be a reason to do the same.

#213 4 years ago

I request pictures often and this is what I do when I get pictures.......

I start with a couple of beers....... nothing lousy, I'm talking some good craft beer.

The I open the first picture... a wide shot of the body of said "game"....... nice.

Onto the next pic...... a shot of the playfield........ mmmmmm this has potential.

Next the shooter lane......... a little dirty and worn......... that's ok, sometimes I like dirty and worn, I don't have to worry about babying this one. I can be a little rough and not worry too much.

Now for a nice glass of wine.......

Onto the apron........... looks good. Clear instructions on how to "play" and doesn't seam too complicated to understand. Whew, the last one I had in my game room was hard to understand and I never really understood "the rules". Played that one pretty hard but in the end had to send it out the door. Could never get into it.

Ooooo look, this one has an auto plunger. God that can come in handy when I have a drink in my hand.

A captive ball????..... never been a big fan of the old "captive ball". Thumbs down on this.

Dual in-lanes!!!!...... I'm a big fan of dual in-lanes!!!!! Two thumbs up for this...... two thumbs wayyyyy up!!!!!

Clear coated playfield....... this one has been well taken care of, besides that dirty shooter lane which I kinda like.

Now for some Scotch.........

A Gobble Hole..... not on this one. I miss the good old days when a gobble hole was regular part of play and it only cost like 10 cents to play a game with a gobble hole. Damn, now a days pics of "Big Juicy Melons", a game that was supposed to have a gobble hole, costs $5,500 and you don't even get to see a freakin gobble hole. Maybe if you played the "Big Juicy Melons" well enogh you might reach "wizard mode" and actually see some sort of "mysterious gobble hole" hidden deep in the "programming" but I doubt it. There's probably like 3 people on the whole damn planet that knows how to "score" well enough to reach the wizard mode and actually see the almighty gobble hole.

A Bash Toy ....... and a big bash toy........, I'm intrigued and a little intimidated!

The back box looks awesome. Nothing better than an inspiring and really good box. The shape of it, the theme, how well kept it appears......

And look at the "mechanics" under the playfield.......... so clean..... so well kept........ oh jeeze....... I can't believe this is still available. If I was only closer I'd come right over and take this home with me.

Shazaam!!!!!

And now for a cigar.......

That's why I ask for pictures.

QSS

#214 4 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

I got frustrated a few days ago because I said in advance to a project I wanted to buy hey I'm a serious buyer, but just checking on whether or not the cpu had battery damage and if he may be able to tell me what he thought may be missing that I may need to find. It went from a friendly email back and forth to zero response back. I checked back a couple days later and he still had it for sale, but wouldn't answer my questions. Wtf

BTW I was going to ship it. I couldn't just drive over and have a peek at it

#215 4 years ago
    Quoted from gameon46:

Well maybe I should have had a bunch of you guys come over and take the pictures if all 60 games and upload them like you suggest.
    I bet if I pull your profiles up you don't have 60 games, 2 houses, a job, and wife and kids?
    It started out with a few games listed. That never sold. And over 100 people contacting me about games in 3-weeks. At the same time showing games, selling games, and banging the wife like she expects! Lol

Selling you entire collection?

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from gameon46:

I've had 3 people try to buy my game collection. The only reason they wanted the whole collection is they thought I was broke and was a sucker.

I hate people like that. It shows true character. It is even worse when a 'friend' does it.

#217 4 years ago

You want to find out how many "friends" you have in the Pinside community, let someone put a decent game up for sale on Craigslist- most will cut your throat without a second thought if they think that's what's necessary to make the purchase

#218 4 years ago

Try selling your house without a realtor! I had one guy make and offer, i met them and then he asked for another one! He then disappeared for a month! did i use enough exclamation points?

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I request pictures often and this is what I do when I get pictures.......
    I start with a couple of beers....... nothing lousy, I'm talking some good craft beer.
    The I open the first picture... a wide shot of the body of said "game"....... nice.
    Onto the next pic...... a shot of the playfield........ mmmmmm this has potential.
    Next the shooter lane......... a little dirty and worn......... that's ok, sometimes I like dirty and worn, I don't have to worry about babying this one. I can be a little rough and not worry too much.
    Now for a nice glass of wine.......
    Onto the apron........... looks good. Clear instructions on how to "play" and doesn't seam too complicated to understand. Whew, the last one I had in my game room was hard to understand and I never really understood "the rules". Played that one pretty hard but in the end had to send it out the door. Could never get into it.
    Ooooo look, this one has an auto plunger. God that can come in handy when I have a drink in my hand.
    A captive ball????..... never been a big fan of the old "captive ball". Thumbs down on this.
    Dual in-lanes!!!!...... I'm a big fan of dual in-lanes!!!!! Two thumbs up for this...... two thumbs wayyyyy up!!!!!
    Clear coated playfield....... this one has been well taken care of, besides that dirty shooter lane which I kinda like.
    Now for some Scotch.........
    A Gobble Hole..... not on this one. I miss the good old days when a gobble hole was regular part of play and it only cost like 10 cents to play a game with a gobble hole. Damn, now a days pics of "Big Juicy Melons", a game that was supposed to have a gobble hole, costs $5,500 and you don't even get to see a freakin gobble hole. Maybe if you played the "Big Juicy Melons" well enogh you might reach "wizard mode" and actually see some sort of "mysterious gobble hole" hidden deep in the "programming" but I doubt it. There's probably like 3 people on the whole damn planet that knows how to "score" well enough to reach the wizard mode and actually see the almighty gobble hole.
    A Bash Toy ....... and a big bash toy........, I'm intrigued and a little intimidated!
    The back box looks awesome. Nothing better than an inspiring and really good box. The shape of it, the theme, how well kept it appears......
    And look at the "mechanics" under the playfield.......... so clean..... so well kept........ oh jeeze....... I can't believe this is still available. If I was only closer I'd come right over and take this home with me.
    Shazaam!!!!!
    And now for a cigar.......
    That's why I ask for pictures.
    QSS

After all that, you should at least send a thank you.

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

When I go to a flea market, I don't thank each vendor for opening their booth and stocking it. I don't thank electronics stores for creating websites with photos and details of their appliances for sale. I don't thank Krogers for the photo ads they toss in my mailbox and I'm not thanking someone for sending pics of a game they're trying to unload.

So if you get into personal contact - as you are when requesting pics - you talk to the flea market vendor and then just walk away, no "thank you"? You don't thank online shop customer support if they answer questions you have upfront?

Interacting with real people is something different than window-shopping and browsing online shops or pinball ads.

#221 4 years ago

Thank you! There are a lot of Pinsiders that feel the same way. At least we are in the majority thank God. It would he'll if we just walked over everyone to get our way!

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from gameon46:

Thank you! There are a lot of Pinsiders that feel the same way. At least we are in the majority thank God. It would he'll if we just walked over everyone to get our way!

It would he'll what?

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from helicopter:

After all that, you should at least send a thank you.

Or how about a really awkward "that was really nice but I'm really not that into your pictures" .

QSS

#224 4 years ago

I never got the chance to thank the OP. I waited for pics but he must have been overwhelmingly busy and I never received them. Waited and now is see from his profile that the game I asked about sold.
    Either way I always say thanks. Just the right thing to do. OP seemed like a nice guy. Sorry we couldn't make a deal. Good luck with selling the rest of the games.

#225 4 years ago

This is him. If I did that my sincere apologies. I had over 20 texts and emails coming in each day. I really didn't mean to. If you could hit me up again would have helped. One thing I won't do is del sell a game.

Lord knows I've drove over 3 hrs and had it done to me more the once.

Again my bad

#226 4 years ago

Thanks for not beating me up. I sure feel guilty about forgetting. Things have slowed down. So I been able to keep up.

Thanks for the kind words about it.

#227 4 years ago

At first, I thought it seemed kind of awkward to say "Thanks, but I'm not interested anymore/still thinking it over/considering a bunch of other deals". It's a good thing this has been brought up, since the overwhelming opinion is that it's courteous regardless. On the other hand, when they send you one or two grainy pictures that only show the games powered on with the room lights turned off, then you have to ask for more anyway -- or is that Buyer Beware time?

Once I aborted a deal because my wife found out I was looking for the game. It was supposed to be a surprise but since we both get emails about PMs, it kind of ruined that when she was bored at work one day and actually paid attention to her email. It's OK, I ended up finding a much more uncommon game we both fell in love with at TPF '15.

I'd make sure to take plenty of detailed hi-res photos all over the game before posting one for sale. I also don't really think pictures of the game on with the room lights off are very meaningful other than to say I've taken care of all of the lamps/LEDs. In the grand scheme of things, I'm way more concerned about playfield planking and condition of PCBs/wiring than whether or not all the lights work.

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from t3amaw3s0m3:

On the other hand, when they send you one or two grainy pictures that only show the games powered on with the room lights turned off, then you have to ask for more anyway -- or is that Buyer Beware time?

I guess if I see photos like that I assume the game is a piece of crap and that they are hiding something (unless they have said this is a project project that needs a ton of work, but even then, I need to see enough to know how bad). If the game is really nice, not hard to take photos that show that. If you are only willing to spend 3 minutes taking photos, probably not someone I want to do business with. That is when it is a "thanks for the photos, but I'll pass"

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

So if you get into personal contact

This is an assumption. If I talk to someone, of course I'm polite to them, and thank them for their time. I do not talk to every vendor; however I do look at everyone's wares. I do not thank each one for bringing items. To me, browsing pictures online is similar to wandering the aisles at a flea.

If I ran across a vendor at a flea with a game under a tarp, I would not thank him specifically for telling me what game was under the tarp..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 55.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 39.50
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 16.50
    Lighting - Led
    Lermods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 149.00
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Various Novelties
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 15.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside