(Topic ID: 262900)

Why do JJP NIB depreciate faster than the rest?

By delt31

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62c32931b0ea2765f02b317368064aa52f7abe1e.jpeg (resized).jpg
B6B2AF72-C730-4095-AD5E-514EFBFEA8D3 (resized).png
9393EDB8-B712-48AD-BE6E-B48E98DC12B7 (resized).jpeg
SEX (resized).jpg
nNE6C-1473708405-5658-list_items-wwwest_pianofight.gif
0AA21F70-EB88-4588-8653-A4423301E24D (resized).jpeg
1C6AB3C4-20B0-49EB-BA03-F4E3A9F96144 (resized).jpeg
7E572C14-9185-4721-8E64-9B384DE64A40 (resized).jpeg
BDD0E499-E84F-457B-99B9-8429D45B46BE (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

how much are NIB stern pro going for these days?

You can find them for less than $5,600, but that's what they'll advertise, just talk to a few distributors.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

7.5k now, at least Wonka was.

Plus shipping, at least shipping its included with Stern. Stern Pro for $5500 shipped vs Wonka standard for $7800 shipped is a no brainer for me. I only have 2 Sterns in my lineup but they make great products.

The only JJP I've liked is WoZ, mainly for theme, rules are alright. I sold my NIB Wonka after 3 weeks(terrible game) luckily for minimal loss as the demand was still high. Maintenance on both has been worse than the 6 NIB Sterns I've owned before them. Unfortunately Toy Story is my grail theme and JJP has the license, hopefully it's not like Wonka.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I read this and agree and also disagree. I really like Willy Wonka, one of my favorite movies!! I am very tired of the Jurassic Park movies, they have been around for decades.
When I have played Wonks, I was expecting Hobbit theming with Pats design. It missed IMOP. I played JP with no expectation and was amazed. At the barcade I will play JP all day, WONKA not so much.
I can’t explain why I like JP more, but it is definitely not because of the title.

Wonka is too generic, nothing exciting or new. The code feels like a jumble.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#123 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Interesting viewpoint. However, in reality:
Stern Pro $5500 equals a JJP Standard $7500
Stern Pre $7500 equals a JJP LE $9500 (I know the name LE is used by JJP, but you and I know, 5,000 of anything in pinball is not really limited)
Stern LE $9000 equals a JJP CE $12500 (both machines are truly limited to 500 units that’s it and is their top of the line offering.)
People may say one has more than the other, but buyers don’t associate bullet points with fun. Bullet points do not keep resale values high, fun gaming experience does. That’s why a Stern Pro with less, but has a top tier IP, will always sell better than an equivalent JJP standard even though some think it has more. I would argue that WW, mech wise is about the same as Jurassic Park Pro feature wise. One example: WW has 2 ramps. JP2 has 4 ramps.
JJP machines are priced $2k too high against their competition. WW is pretty slim in mechs, compared to DI for example. JJP is beginning to see the light, but price is still the major issue.

Add $300 to the JJPs for shipping. Wonka has removed mechs for the standard, Stern Pros have removed mechs. Pro to Standard is the correct comparison.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

No, its not. Because Stern Pros today are practically like home editions and JJP Standards - BOM and features wise - are usually better than Stern Premiums.

lol, not even close.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The comparison is JJP standard vs Stern premium and JJP LE vs Stern LE as those games are around the same price.

I agree they're similar prices, but you need to compare similar features. The JJP Standard set by Wonka is similar to Stern Pros, JJP LEs compare to Premiums feature wise. Pros and Standards lack mechs and gameplay items.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yet a JJP standard such as Wonka SE has more features in it then Stern premiums.

That's funny

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
5,815 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-jjp-nib-depreciate-faster-than-the-rest?tu=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.