(Topic ID: 262900)

Why do JJP NIB depreciate faster than the rest?

By delt31

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62c32931b0ea2765f02b317368064aa52f7abe1e.jpeg (resized).jpg
B6B2AF72-C730-4095-AD5E-514EFBFEA8D3 (resized).png
9393EDB8-B712-48AD-BE6E-B48E98DC12B7 (resized).jpeg
SEX (resized).jpg
nNE6C-1473708405-5658-list_items-wwwest_pianofight.gif
0AA21F70-EB88-4588-8653-A4423301E24D (resized).jpeg
1C6AB3C4-20B0-49EB-BA03-F4E3A9F96144 (resized).jpeg
7E572C14-9185-4721-8E64-9B384DE64A40 (resized).jpeg
BDD0E499-E84F-457B-99B9-8429D45B46BE (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pre $100 increase.....5600 is high end to pay NIB on a stern. 5k is also low to get one used. 9500 is what JJP forces others to sell at. It's an immediate fall from there. Not sure your point though. If you're saying a stern pro depreciates faster than a JJP LE, I believe the majority would disagree.

Please don't make this into a fanboy thread.

Don't you mean that $5K is the high end for a HUO Stern Pro? JP2 and Deadpool Pro's seem to top out around $5K on the used market. I sold my Maiden Pro HUO a few months back for $4700 with a shaker. I do think that the higher priced games depreciate at a slightly higher rate than Stern Pro's because there is more room to fall, but most games seem to take at least a 15% drop after opening the box.

#37 4 years ago

For whatever reason JJP games have eluded me because they haven't dropped enough on the HUO market. The two I've been most interested in were WOZ and JPOTC. At one point in time I had a WOZ on pre-order but ended up canceling because I bought a house in the time-frame I was waiting and needed the cash. I figured since they were $6500 initially that I would one day be able to pickup another one in the high $5K range which never happened. I've always liked JPOTC but didn't want to buy NIB and take the depreciation hit and hoped to find one HUO for less but we all know what happened there.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

If I had to guess, it’s because the price for NIB JJP games is just too high for a lot of people. There aren’t as many people able to buy games at that price point. So when it comes time to sell, there aren’t as many buyers in the secondary market either.
There’s also the feeling that you need a decent deal to buy used vs new. And I believe that amount changes based on what you can afford.
For people that have $5k to spend on a game, maybe $500 in their pocket is more beneficial to their financial situation than $1000 is to someone in the market for a $10k game.

I think another thing that hurts JJP resale is warranty coverage. I've never had an issue with Stern replacing a defective part even if I was the 2nd or 3rd owner years down the line, whereas you hear stories about people shelling out $$$ for light boards on games like WOZ and getting stuck paying for parts if they aren't the original owner of JJP games. I think most people with lots of disposable income would rather just buy NIB than pay $1K less for a HUO.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they do a simple change to the lower playfield to make it more of the cast and less of a giant johnny depp they would get $12,500 all day long and sell at least 500, if not 1000 or more. That wouldn't dilute the pool of jjPotC LEs out there already, either.

I thought maybe the recent revelation that Depp was a victim of domestic violence rather than the purveyor may have changed that and made it sociably acceptable again?

https://amp.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/eyp2d3/audio_of_amber_heard_admitting_she_was_the_one/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-jjp-nib-depreciate-faster-than-the-rest?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.