(Topic ID: 262900)

Why do JJP NIB depreciate faster than the rest?

By delt31

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62c32931b0ea2765f02b317368064aa52f7abe1e.jpeg (resized).jpg
B6B2AF72-C730-4095-AD5E-514EFBFEA8D3 (resized).png
9393EDB8-B712-48AD-BE6E-B48E98DC12B7 (resized).jpeg
SEX (resized).jpg
nNE6C-1473708405-5658-list_items-wwwest_pianofight.gif
0AA21F70-EB88-4588-8653-A4423301E24D (resized).jpeg
1C6AB3C4-20B0-49EB-BA03-F4E3A9F96144 (resized).jpeg
7E572C14-9185-4721-8E64-9B384DE64A40 (resized).jpeg
BDD0E499-E84F-457B-99B9-8429D45B46BE (resized).png
There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 4 years ago

The highest priced games, those costing $8k+, will take the biggest hit on the secondary market and it doesn't matter who builds them, how well the game plays, or how well the game is coded. There's a smaller number of buyers at the higher price points. Stern Pro's, Stern Premium's, and JJP's new SE's (starting with Wonka) will take a lower hit. Only game rarity (lower production counts) will lead to the higher price point games maintaining or increasing in value. Low production counts are why titles like Batman LE / SLE, and Pirates have maintained or increased in value.

Look at Stranger Things LE resale value. Less than 2 months from release and it's lost about $1k in value. I think that's starting to become the new normal due to years of price increases and so many new titles being available. If the game isn't received well within a year or two expect a $1500 - $2k hit. If you bought a NIB Wonka LE today and tried to sell it next month I think you get between $8500 - $9k. Even Jurassic Park LE, one of Stern's best games ever, can now be found used HUO for $800-$1k less then NIB. However, an HUO JP Premium or HUO Wonka SE (builds post playfield issues) are currently taking half the hit with about a $500 decrease on average.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Did Pinside censor Icemans thread from yesterday and take it down?

No. It's there. Check his forum activity to help you find it.

LTG : )

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. It's there. Check his forum activity to help you find it.

i think its gone...

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

i think its gone...

i think it's in the basement...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-a-crock-of-s-jjp

#205 4 years ago

yea link is dead (at least to me)....all good ... I'm sure it served its purpose

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

yea link is dead (at least to me)....all good ... I'm sure it served its purpose

Do you have the basement checked on your main forum list? If not you wknt be able to see it, link works for me

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you have the basement checked on your main forum list? If not you wknt be able to see it, link works for me

on maybe? thanks for the information

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. Only games with low production counts that have near universal praise will go up in value when they cost $9k-$10k to begin with. If Pirates and Batman 66 LE's were in made in much greater quantities then resale value would be lower.

Well. Addams family.

I Think scarcity will surely up the value, but it doesn´t benefit the producing Company.
In fact. If you have a great Product, it will only be stupid to limit produced numbers.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The highest priced games, those costing $8k+, will take the biggest hit on the secondary market and it doesn't matter who builds them, how well the game plays, or how well the game is coded. There's a smaller number of buyers at the higher price points. Stern Pro's, Stern Premium's, and JJP's new SE's (starting with Wonka) will take a lower hit. Only game rarity (lower production counts) will lead to the higher price point games maintaining or increasing in value. Low production counts are why titles like Batman LE / SLE, and Pirates have maintained or increased in value.
Look at Stranger Things LE resale value. Less than 2 months from release and it's lost about $1k in value. I think that's starting to become the new normal due to years of price increases and so many new titles being available. If the game isn't received well within a year or two expect a $1500 - $2k hit. If you bought a NIB Wonka LE today and tried to sell it next month I think you get between $8500 - $9k. Even Jurassic Park LE, one of Stern's best games ever, can now be found used HUO for $800-$1k less then NIB. However, an HUO JP Premium or HUO Wonka SE (builds post playfield issues) are currently taking half the hit with about a $500 decrease on average.

I think a downside on the second hand market in regards to jjp is that all of their game except pirates are still available nib.
(atleast here in europé)

the game and it´s second hand value, will probebly be better meassured way down the line.

I for one would be utterly surprised if, in a ten years time an old jjp isn´t Worth twice as much as a spike stern.

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So what is the basement and why are some people granted access and others not? Sounds shady to me. A sub forum that some cannot access.

I get the following when I try to enter it.

OOPS!
ERROR
You don't have access to topics in this sub-forum.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

So what is the basement and why are some people granted access and others not? Sounds shady to me. A sub forum that some cannot access.
I get the following when I try to enter it.
OOPS!
ERROR
You don't have access to topics in this sub-forum.

It's a no holds barred anything goes den of villainy. It used to be open to everyone all the time, then they changed it users having to chose it as an option to see, becasue it's so hard core! or something...make sure this is selected
SEX (resized).jpgSEX (resized).jpg

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a no holds barred anything goes den of villainy. It used to be open to everyone all the time, then they changed it users having to chose it as an option to see, becasue it's so hard core! or something...make sure this is selected
[quoted image]

Thanks for the screen shot. It does not show up for me so there are different roles/permissions for each user. Looks like Deep state stuff if you ask me. No wonder people get suspicious of things. I must not be eligible for the club. I wonder how many other users are unaware of it.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I must not be eligible for the club.

Everybody is if they turn it on in their settings.

PM Robin to find out if there is an issue.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Please don't make this into a fanboy thread.

He can’t help it. He has a contact with Gary to act this way.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Everybody is if they turn it on in their settings.
PM Robin to find out if there is an issue.

Please tell us where you turn it on in settings? I go to the place to find the basement in the left colum like thelaw’s screen shot, but no setting grayed out. Where can we change this in settings?

It is despicable that Robin is censoring adults and making iceman44 thread difficult to find. One of the more interesting threads and would say most people would like to see it, not be forced to be left out.

#216 4 years ago

Why do Stern games get lighter & lighter

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Please tell us where you turn it on in settings?

Go to your own page. Dig around in there for Forum Settings. Hiding Content From View.

Two choices - check the one you want. Hide Basement. Or Include Basement.

When you include it. It appears on the forum page for you on the left side.

Robin isn't censoring it. You censored yourself.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Please tell us where you turn it on in settings? I go to the place to find the basement in the left colum like thelaw’s screen shot, but no setting grayed out. Where can we change this in settings?
It is despicable that Robin is censoring adults and making iceman44 thread difficult to find. One of the more interesting threads and would say most people would like to see it, not be forced to be left out.

Just check on the grey box next to the basement in sub forum topics...available for all ( pretty sure)....funny stuff down there..@odins infamous thread being the one that started it ( I think?)!!!

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go to your own page. Dig around in there for Forum Settings. Hiding Content From View.

Thanks for explaining it better and in fewer words than I could...Lloyd rules!!!

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pretty sure I did not censure myself. Still have not found where to view so called basement after checking box saying to unhide default setting. Robin has created a forum where we cannot fully use it, unless we get a Pinside degree. That is censoring us adults and uncalled for. He has purposely made it difficult, which is plain to see and complete rubbish for an open forum of mostly adults I assume. Very irritated by this and still cannot find the thread. Where is the basement sub cat. after unchecking the hide button? Does not show up anywhere that I can find...

Any other ideas? And thanks for your help, I know you did not create this obnoxious roadblock. Pinside needs to really change this from a default setting that is so difficult to implement, if they wish for us users to continue our financial support.
9393EDB8-B712-48AD-BE6E-B48E98DC12B7 (resized).jpeg9393EDB8-B712-48AD-BE6E-B48E98DC12B7 (resized).jpeg

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Why do Stern games get lighter & lighter

I got to admit..this is one thing as I get older that does not concern me

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Still have not found where to view so called basement after checking box saying to unhide default setting.

Refresh your browser or page, see if it pops up on the left.

If not send Robin a PM for more help.

And would you knock it off with the censure shit. The basement was created as a place for certain threads many would take offense to. Trying to make Pinside a friendlier place for all. So you don't have a free for all on the forum.

Lloyd

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Refresh your browser or page, see if it pops up on the left.
If not send Robin a PM for more help.
And would you knock it off with the censure shit. The basement was created as a place for certain threads many would take offense to. Trying to make Pinside a friendlier place for all. So you don't have a free for all on the forum.
Lloyd

It feels like censoring to have a thread discussing a company going to the basement, making it very difficult to find. Cannot see anything anyone other than JJP would take offense to in iceman44 thread. That’s part of being a company, to be able to take customer scrutiny. All customers do this with all companies. No company is exempt. Piling on Stern happens all the time and you don’t see those threads going to the “basement”.

I do agree, we need to keep this a more friendly place. It is understandable that crude, lewd, and disgusting topics should be put in the basement. That is a good place for them, where many would and should take offense. They in fact should be censored that way.

Thanks for the suggestions on refreshing the browser, will try it. And do appreciate your support here on Pinside. Keep the “knock it offs” to yourself, although...

1 week later
#224 4 years ago

I can’t find it ?
How do I get access to the basement ??
Thanks for the help ,
Please make it easy, simple and with pictures
Cheers

#225 4 years ago
B6B2AF72-C730-4095-AD5E-514EFBFEA8D3 (resized).pngB6B2AF72-C730-4095-AD5E-514EFBFEA8D3 (resized).png
#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

It's in your settings. Turn it on.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

62c32931b0ea2765f02b317368064aa52f7abe1e.jpeg (resized).jpg62c32931b0ea2765f02b317368064aa52f7abe1e.jpeg (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

There are 228 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-jjp-nib-depreciate-faster-than-the-rest/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.