(Topic ID: 47762)

Why do JJP keep announcing release dates that they can't meet?

By RGR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by j69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130402_134737.jpg
alan-wolfpack.jpg
Popcorn-late-night-with-conan-obrien-9.gif
1305812_1.gif
Hangover1.jpg
tumblr_m81q1skSI31r5ashuo1_400.jpg
IMG_6489copy.jpg
Popcorn_2.gif
munchkin.jpg
deadhorse.gif
george.gif
i2fun.com-3110110827.gif
drugs_you_re_not_the_bat.jpg
MBJG.gif
yNCVL.gif
jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pindufus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Jack just posted on his site that the boards he was waiting for came in and have been approved. He gave the manufacturer instructions to begin mass production at full speed.
So he has 10 complete board sets now that he is installing in 10 machines. Unknown if those games will ship to customers or be used for display at upcoming events.
But the end is now very near. I would not be surprised to see him begin shipping within two weeks since he said the new code is so much closer to completion.

That's really not accurate. That may be what Jack meant but his postings read:

"All of those board sets arrived. We gave the go ahead to step on the gas pedal, floor it."

And then:

"It actually feels good to finally be where we are but it will be even better soon."

He's giving cryptic hints that things are going well but we really don't know that for sure and won't know that until calls are actually made to arrange shipping.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Just to update my cancellation of the hobbit. Jack responded to me personally even though I wrote Jen .
He tried his best to sell me on his ideas and even showed me something behind the scenes that you will see and scratch your head with what a waste.
So yeah great companies to deal with in terms of a refund. But my conversation with him left me so happy I canceled and questioning me about weather I have played a woz. The only I will ever play that game is on free play at a local pinsides hi Fattrain . I do not care how good it is or the quality is if you make me hear that song over and over and ding ding ding " oh my pretty hahahhaha" I will stab my ear socket with a blunt steak knive. I cannot even stomach another video unless muted. I don't even know if I would go to Sacramento or because I just want to hang with a pinsider and doubt I would make any drive just to play woz.
I would say at this point hobbits playfield will be like the side of the cabinet a bunch of photoshop . The woz playfield with the witch near the flippers is just painful to look at and now I believe the hobbit will not be anything hand drawn and just another damn Xmen / Avengers/ tron type. Has it with those o ecstatic about hand drawn art of Metalicca and Predator. I really and done I repeat done with lazy cheap design art. And maybe done with jjp unless they do something original. I hope I eat these words and jack claims he is close to selling out hobbit. Well thanks for telling me I am not important you have plenty of sales well now you have one more. And until I see more I have Zero interest in any of your games. Not mad but I see what's going on and my money is back and going somewhere tangible like a trip to Thailand. So I may not have the hobbit but I so have money for a plane ticket now and now a plaque that ways le hobbit and yay for poorly chosen color powder coat. Sorry jack but I always express my feelings on pinside and you will not get a free pass. Good luck jjp and American jobs but I am not going to hope you make a good hobbit pin and I will assum now it will be delayed if the movie is again you won't be able to show off the playfield till late 2014" I feel like reposting the in a separate thread but my guess is still some will read this and agree that the preorder program and the hobbit license was not the best choice for a struggling company that cannot deliver its promise to deliver to pinsiders. Apologies to captain Neo for disagreeing his posts let to me waking up and going free money gimme back! So yeah Thailand guys say it with me now trip of lifetime or a hobbit le that does not exist hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

I'm pretty sure this message actually did come from outer space........

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pindufus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-jjp-keep-announcing-release-dates-that-they-cant-meet?tu=Pindufus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.