(Topic ID: 47762)

Why do JJP keep announcing release dates that they can't meet?

By RGR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by j69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130402_134737.jpg
alan-wolfpack.jpg
Popcorn-late-night-with-conan-obrien-9.gif
1305812_1.gif
Hangover1.jpg
tumblr_m81q1skSI31r5ashuo1_400.jpg
IMG_6489copy.jpg
Popcorn_2.gif
munchkin.jpg
deadhorse.gif
george.gif
i2fun.com-3110110827.gif
drugs_you_re_not_the_bat.jpg
MBJG.gif
yNCVL.gif
jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I know you aren't actually interested in this... but The Wizard of Oz is interesting in its sound production. Of course, everything was mono 1939, but instead of using the then-common movie practice of recording music by placing a single microphone in front of the orchestra, with WOZ they used multiple microphones placed all around the stage, each recording groups of instruments onto separate tapes. These were then mixed together into the mono master.
Those original recordings survived, and were used in the 90's to compose a proper stereo/5.1 soundtrack. Thus, although it was originally released mono, WOZ is one of the oldest movies with actual stereo sound.

Having acted in many movies and played in my fair share of bands, recording technique is always of interest to me.

Thanks for the info!

#152 11 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

Perhaps my loving and very intelligent wife, who just completed her second masters degree from an American University and is on tract to become a professor at a U.S. college (she is and has been an American citizen for some time), who was born and raised in Thailand might take exception to your thoughts.

Thanks so much for your post it means a lot considering the ignorance on this board.

You hit the nail on the head, I am not going to Bangkok for bar girls although I do know the concept. Not a vacation a mission for me.

To pinsiders who are smart the regular crew if you will. Sorry for my lame posts not going to happen again and it was all me. Sorry to JJp for being such an ass I took it way to far.not posting again in this thread I did enough damage .

#153 10 years ago

Getting back to our subject.....its pretty obvious now that there will be no further dates announced until JJP says they are shipping "tomorrow". And it would appear as if that day is less than two weeks away.

Go JJP!!!!!! Nice work and contrats to the whole team. Naysayers be damned cause this thing is really gonna happen.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

Perhaps my loving .... who was born and raised in Thailand might take ...

Anyone from Thighland has to be hot...

alan-wolfpack.jpgalan-wolfpack.jpg

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I know you aren't actually interested in this... but The Wizard of Oz is interesting in its sound production. Of course, everything was mono 1939, but instead of using the then-common movie practice of recording music by placing a single microphone in front of the orchestra, with WOZ they used multiple microphones placed all around the stage, each recording groups of instruments onto separate tapes. These were then mixed together into the mono master.
Those original recordings survived, and were used in the 90's to compose a proper stereo/5.1 soundtrack. Thus, although it was originally released mono, WOZ is one of the oldest movies with actual stereo sound.

Wow just saw this post. I have saved this speaker for years from the older cinema in my town. I now have 7.1 Dolby Digital in my cinema but always thought it would be a cool speaker to show how movies used to work and sound. Here some pics of the speaker.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I fell in love not sure what will happen but pinball became less important I would say. I will spare you a lot of people who probably read my dramatic posts and went WTF star base ?

I kind of want to know more about this story now.....?

#158 10 years ago

Hi Everyone

We are sending this update from Jersey Jack Pinball and Bumper action to our BumperAction Amusements customers. It is with great pleasure that we can announce the confirmed shipping datefor the first container of Wizard of Oz Limited Edition pinball machines leaving New Jersey on 29th May. Finally the long awaited Pinball of thecentury is on its way….

Lol ok so what are the odds??? rofl....

#159 10 years ago

Somebody want to but my countertop commercial POPCORN machine?
Comes with an unopened case 50 pack of ready mix corn, 3/4 case of popcorn boxes and 3/4 case of bags.

It's been used at one block party and 5-6 football games.

Find WOZ stickers you can slap on the boxes to serve at your NIB opening party!!!

LMK

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

we can announce the confirmed shipping datefor the first container of Wizard of Oz Limited Edition pinball machines leaving New Jersey on 29th May.

2013?
Hey, just asking....

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ok so there's one good story of Thailand love, congrats.
Meanwhile David Carradine has a different story to tell

What happens in the closet in Thailand stays in the closet *

*Unless housekeeping knows you are a celeb and has a cell phone with camera.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I kind of want to know more about this story now.....?

Sorry my story is to damn good and exciting to share with pinsiders. Pm me in a month or two and I will give you a full update . For now I am going to keep you wondering . Learned my lesson already this week of to much info. No matter what I would say some idiot what come out of the woodwork and piss all over my happiness.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Sorry my story is to damn good and exciting to share with pinsiders. Pm me in a month or two and I will give you a full update . For now I am going to keep you wondering . Learned my lesson already this week of to much info. No matter what I would say some idiot what come out of the woodwork and piss all over my happiness.

This is the saddest post I have ever read anywhere. Praying for you.

#164 10 years ago

Starbase,

I think everyone deserves to be happy, to find someone they care about and who they can spend their life with. I don't think anyone is trying to piss on your happiness or insult Thailand, but the limited information you have provided us with sounds like you could be pinning your hopes on a risky proposition. I hope I am wrong and reading into things too much, but maybe you should temper your expectations? I am sending positive vibes your way, and hoping for the best for you brother.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

I am sending positive vibes your way, and hoping the beset for you brother.

As are we all. He's a grown man and I'm sure he knows to be careful.

#167 10 years ago

Thanks stargazer that is nice of you but you should pray for all the people that are going to be jealous. I pity them.

#168 10 years ago

Had to reread the title of that thread to remember what it was about!
Missed a few posts. Are you saying WoZ will be delivered to Thailand first !?

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Six Phases Of A Project
1.Wild Enthusiasm
2.Total Confusion
3.Disillusionment
4.Search for the Guilty
5.Punishment of the Innocent
6.Promotion of the Non-participants
I laughed my ass off when I read this. Not against JJP, just thinking of project management.

LOL, my buddy pinball-is-great posted that in a thread last week and I used it in a memo I did this week. I thought it was perfect.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Hi Everyone
We are sending this update from Jersey Jack Pinball and Bumper action to our BumperAction Amusements customers. It is with great pleasure that we can announce the confirmed shipping datefor the first container of Wizard of Oz Limited Edition pinball machines leaving New Jersey on 29th May. Finally the long awaited Pinball of thecentury is on its way….
Lol ok so what are the odds??? rofl....

JJP made no such promise to Bumper Action. Jack cleared the air last night on his google groups forum. They asked for a shipping date and he gave them an approximate. The email from Bumper Action is the problem here ... not JJP.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from lukex:

The email from Bumper Action is the problem here ... not JJP.

Yea JJP definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt given their exeplary history of providing accurate dates for when the pin will be released to the public. Just having a bit of fun no need to get up in arms just a joke.

#172 10 years ago

I agree with RGR for the most part. Zero trust until something that is promised is followed through with.

Thanks for the info Sunfox very interesting WOZ fact.

#173 10 years ago

Well like I was not commenting on the trust part rather why they keep announcing a release date knowing that they would not be delivering them... Like wheres the benefit doing that???? Would it not be better just to inform the buyers etc of the progress of the game?

#174 10 years ago

Because sometimes the truth is worse than a lie. Who really wants to hear, "Hey, we have problems that we cannot identify, we don't know how to solve the problems we can identify, and, accordingly, we have no idea how long we will be holding your money."

#175 10 years ago

Wonder how the burn-in is going.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yea JJP definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt given their exeplary history of providing accurate dates for when the pin will be released to the public. Just having a bit of fun no need to get up in arms just a joke.

Up in arms??? You must have me confused with someone else? I was just trying to clarify the issue - not defend anyone. I am Switzerland on this one!

#177 10 years ago

From reading between the lines I would expect the first production machine to arrive with a customer by Monday. Followed by a few more in the coming days

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.50
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-jjp-keep-announcing-release-dates-that-they-cant-meet/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.