(Topic ID: 47762)

Why do JJP keep announcing release dates that they can't meet?

By RGR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by j69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130402_134737.jpg
alan-wolfpack.jpg
Popcorn-late-night-with-conan-obrien-9.gif
1305812_1.gif
Hangover1.jpg
tumblr_m81q1skSI31r5ashuo1_400.jpg
IMG_6489copy.jpg
Popcorn_2.gif
munchkin.jpg
deadhorse.gif
george.gif
i2fun.com-3110110827.gif
drugs_you_re_not_the_bat.jpg
MBJG.gif
yNCVL.gif
jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from KenH:

Nothing. After you've paid for it and return from the trip six months later, you still have nothing to show for it.

Oh, I heard you CAN come home with something from Thailand!

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from KenH:

Whats the difference between a trip to Thailand and a WOZ pre-order?
Nothing. After you've paid for it and return from the trip six months later, you still have nothing to show for it.

Not true WOZ won't give you VD.

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from KenH:

except herpes. That shit will come back with you.

Hangover1.jpgHangover1.jpg

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I believe the hobbit will not be anything hand drawn and just another damn Xmen / Avengers/ tron type. Has it with those o ecstatic about hand drawn art of Metalicca and Predator.

1.) X-Men is hand drawn art
2.) Hand drawn art doesn't always mean "good" (see Predator)

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

1.) X-Men is hand drawn art
2.) Hand drawn art doesn't always mean "good" (see Predator)

A bit harsh. I think the game looks classy.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from KenH:

exactly.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Are you a fan of David Foster Wallace, by any chance?

I doubt it but I can see why you asked the question. I can follow Wallace's long multi-subject sentences though. Not so much with starbase.

Gambit, how can you be here if you are retired? And, Congratulations!!!

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from KenH:

Go to Patpong in Bangkok you will definitely have something to bring home.

#110 11 years ago

well, you remember in clubs, meeting womans, you told her exactly what she wants to hear so you can get her...

#111 11 years ago

I'm afraid Jack may have pulled an 'Osborne' by announcing Hobbit before WOZ was shipping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Just to update my cancellation of the hobbit. Jack responded to me personally even though I wrote Jen .
He tried his best to sell me on his ideas and even showed me something behind the scenes that you will see and scratch your head with what a waste.
So yeah great companies to deal with in terms of a refund. But my conversation with him left me so happy I canceled and questioning me about weather I have played a woz. The only I will ever play that game is on free play at a local pinsides hi Fattrain . I do not care how good it is or the quality is if you make me hear that song over and over and ding ding ding " oh my pretty hahahhaha" I will stab my ear socket with a blunt steak knive. I cannot even stomach another video unless muted. I don't even know if I would go to Sacramento or because I just want to hang with a pinsider and doubt I would make any drive just to play woz.
I would say at this point hobbits playfield will be like the side of the cabinet a bunch of photoshop . The woz playfield with the witch near the flippers is just painful to look at and now I believe the hobbit will not be anything hand drawn and just another damn Xmen / Avengers/ tron type. Has it with those o ecstatic about hand drawn art of Metalicca and Predator. I really and done I repeat done with lazy cheap design art. And maybe done with jjp unless they do something original. I hope I eat these words and jack claims he is close to selling out hobbit. Well thanks for telling me I am not important you have plenty of sales well now you have one more. And until I see more I have Zero interest in any of your games. Not mad but I see what's going on and my money is back and going somewhere tangible like a trip to Thailand. So I may not have the hobbit but I so have money for a plane ticket now and now a plaque that ways le hobbit and yay for poorly chosen color powder coat. Sorry jack but I always express my feelings on pinside and you will not get a free pass. Good luck jjp and American jobs but I am not going to hope you make a good hobbit pin and I will assum now it will be delayed if the movie is again you won't be able to show off the playfield till late 2014" I feel like reposting the in a separate thread but my guess is still some will read this and agree that the preorder program and the hobbit license was not the best choice for a struggling company that cannot deliver its promise to deliver to pinsiders. Apologies to captain Neo for disagreeing his posts let to me waking up and going free money gimme back! So yeah Thailand guys say it with me now trip of lifetime or a hobbit le that does not exist hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

I would rather never contribute any thing than have a crap post like that. Serioulsy, move on dude.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That's pretty much what I did. That and what he was doing with the theme wasn't doing anything for me.
I wish Jack and the team nothing but the best.

Wow. I'm surprised your out Bryan.

#114 11 years ago

Here's the way you do it. First YOU develop a...follow along kids...P...R...O...T...O...T...Y...P...E

THEN...you advertise the machine. THEN...you make money. THEN...you build the next machine.

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Pred looks like bad 80's pinball art...like Rollergames or something...it looked OK in black and white...skinned guy looked good and so did the Pred, but the "dude lineup" never looked good. The color job made the whole thing terrible.

#116 11 years ago

Just got a new email

Still not shipping

Boards are in he says

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Still not shipping

They will never ship, give up all hope!

#118 11 years ago

Nice update with pics. I like pics

#119 11 years ago

Someone needs to edit & voiceover Jack @ the end saying "I just shipped my WOZ" when this finally goes down.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=I03UmJbK0lA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DI03UmJbK0lA

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Here's the way you do it. First YOU develop a...follow along kids...P...R...O...T...O...T...Y...P...E

THEN...you advertise the machine. THEN...you make money. THEN...you build the next machine.

Just who is this "YOU"?

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Egg since you have it all figured out - crank up Egg pinball

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Just to update my cancellation of the hobbit. Jack responded to me personally even though I wrote Jen .
He tried his best to sell me on his ideas and even showed me something behind the scenes that you will see and scratch your head with what a waste.
So yeah great companies to deal with in terms of a refund. But my conversation with him left me so happy I canceled and questioning me about weather I have played a woz. The only I will ever play that game is on free play at a local pinsides hi Fattrain . I do not care how good it is or the quality is if you make me hear that song over and over and ding ding ding " oh my pretty hahahhaha" I will stab my ear socket with a blunt steak knive. I cannot even stomach another video unless muted. I don't even know if I would go to Sacramento or because I just want to hang with a pinsider and doubt I would make any drive just to play woz.
I would say at this point hobbits playfield will be like the side of the cabinet a bunch of photoshop . The woz playfield with the witch near the flippers is just painful to look at and now I believe the hobbit will not be anything hand drawn and just another damn Xmen / Avengers/ tron type. Has it with those o ecstatic about hand drawn art of Metalicca and Predator. I really and done I repeat done with lazy cheap design art. And maybe done with jjp unless they do something original. I hope I eat these words and jack claims he is close to selling out hobbit. Well thanks for telling me I am not important you have plenty of sales well now you have one more. And until I see more I have Zero interest in any of your games. Not mad but I see what's going on and my money is back and going somewhere tangible like a trip to Thailand. So I may not have the hobbit but I so have money for a plane ticket now and now a plaque that ways le hobbit and yay for poorly chosen color powder coat. Sorry jack but I always express my feelings on pinside and you will not get a free pass. Good luck jjp and American jobs but I am not going to hope you make a good hobbit pin and I will assum now it will be delayed if the movie is again you won't be able to show off the playfield till late 2014" I feel like reposting the in a separate thread but my guess is still some will read this and agree that the preorder program and the hobbit license was not the best choice for a struggling company that cannot deliver its promise to deliver to pinsiders. Apologies to captain Neo for disagreeing his posts let to me waking up and going free money gimme back! So yeah Thailand guys say it with me now trip of lifetime or a hobbit le that does not exist hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Jeff Bush is doing the Hobbit art work and it is hand drawn. He is an amazing artist. Jack would never bring him on board and than do photo shopped art work.

#123 11 years ago

The problem with big licenses is that even with hand-drawn art, it has to conform to the style guide. Therefore, the difference between good photoshopping and good hand-drawn art isn't very big.

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Just who is this "YOU"?

Not sure. However... We definitely know who it is not.

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Jeff Bush is doing the Hobbit art work and it is hand drawn. He is an amazing artist. Jack would never bring him on board and than do photo shopped art work.

I think it will be a mix like WOZ is.

#126 11 years ago

Egg since you have it all figured out - crank up Egg pinball

In honor of my paternal grand chicken...done. $10K by Christmas!

1305812_1.gif1305812_1.gif

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

They will never ship, give up all hope!

Hysterical. LMAO.

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

In honor of my paternal grand chicken...done. $10K by Christmas!

You forgot to "innovate" by going with a single flipper layout. Could have made all the money!

#129 11 years ago

The government just announced that you are now allowed to use your 8 year old's 529 plan to either go to college or buy JJP's next pin.

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

The government just announced that you are now allowed to use your 8 year old's 529 plan to either go to college or buy JJP's next pin.

529 plans suck anyhow, don't you know that!

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

PEN said:

Quoted from Rarehero:

Pred looks like bad 80's pinball art.

Predator-1987 ......That is somewhat my point, and it fits the theme. One of my favorite games is Radical!, in part because of its 80's cheese.

#132 11 years ago

Lot of ignorant responses and yes I was emotional and should not have posted this I guess the ear stabbing comment was a bit much.

JJp I know you are reading my posts and maybe since you are now copy/paste them to me in email you will understand. When I say I do not like a business practice(imaginary 8000 price hike). Than you respond your almost sold out. You may be sold out but your distributors are not. Telling me this just made me think well you do not need my money or purchase at all. As a consumer of pinball machines I am the wrong person to make me feel like my purchase and deposit doesn't matter.

I do not think I would ever purchase a hobbit or any machine from you now. Because you do not need my business you sell plenty of machines.......

To pinsiders who know me I am sorry for writing these emotional posts. Sorry fell in love and had a really emotional week for someone who is never emotional. I fell in love not sure what will happen but pinball became less important I would say. I will spare you a lot of people who probably read my dramatic posts and went WTF star base ?

To the ignorant dumb people who tried to cut me down or make fun of me. First I do not care what your opinion is. Second I am going to Thailand for love not a vacation so I am not going to eat hair like Clay in the Star Wars thread. I just doubt I will come home empty handed.done with thread and done with JJp for now.

JJp just letting you know you should drop this. Despite my posts hurting you I have a ton left to write but will spare you and pinside this. I am entitled to my opinion. You should be more worried abut a lynching on pinside if you do not ship Woz soon. I meant everything I said about Woz and sorry I was not nice about it. Just refund my deposit back I need not waste my time or thought or money on your unable to hold a promise pinball machine company.

My apologies pinsiders for drama.... :)Oh but not to ignorant pinsider you can all toss off

#133 11 years ago

Going to Thailand for love is not such a good idea.

#134 11 years ago

Popcorn-late-night-with-conan-obrien-9.gifPopcorn-late-night-with-conan-obrien-9.gif

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

Thanks your opinion matters a lot........ No advice please stick to pinball.

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Sorry fell in love and had a really emotional week

I am going to Thailand for love

I just doubt I will come home empty handed.....

Dude.... if you did that mail-order-bride thing, be careful.

GLWTS

#137 11 years ago

Yes, stick to pinball, like your long winded posts.

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Lot of ignorant responses and yes I was emotional and should not have posted this I guess the ear stabbing comment was a bit much.
JJp I know you are reading my posts and maybe since you are now copy/paste them to me in email you will understand. When I say I do not like a business practice(imaginary 8000 price hike). Than you respond your almost sold out. You may be sold out but your distributors are not. Telling me this just made me thing well you do not need my money or purchase at all. As a consumer of pinball machines I am the wrong person to make me feel like my purchase and deposit.
I do not think I would ever purchase a hobbit or any machine from you now. Because you do not need my business you sell plenty of machines.......
To pinsiders who know me I am sorry for writing these emotional posts. Sorry fell in love and had a really emotional week for someone who is never emotional. I fell in love not sure what will happen but pinball became less important I would say. I will spare you a lot of people who probably read my dramatic posts and went WTF star base ?
To the ignorant dumb people who tried to cut me down or make fun of me. First I do not care what your opinion is. Second I am going to Thailand for love not a vacation so I am not going to eat hair like Clay in the Star Wars thread. I just doubt I will come home empty handed.done with thread and done with JJp for now.
JJp just letting you know you should drop this. Despite my posts hurting you I have a ton left to write but will spare me please. I am entitled to my opinion. You should be more worried abut a lynching on pinside if you do not ship Woz soon. I meant everything I said about Woz and sorry I was not nice about it.
My apologies pinsiders for drama....

???? Dude! I just don't get it. It's not that you're emotional, it's just that half of your sentences don't make sense. Do you go back and read what you write before uploading? I just can't follow your posts. Sorry.

#139 11 years ago

Thailand lady boys?

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wow. I'm surprised your out Bryan.

I was never in it for the theme. I was in it for the innovative things Jack was doing, like the LCD screen. Sadly, the innovations couldn't overcome the theme.

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Thailand lady boys?

Some of the best looking girls I've seen -- weren't girls

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I was never in it for the theme. I was in it for the innovative things Jack was doing, like the LCD screen. Sadly, the innovations couldn't overcome the theme.

I felt the same way. WOF theme is horrible yet its a great game. Was hoping the theme would be overcome by the quality and gameplay.

I played the game and felt the overall layout was not my cup of tea, but still was hanging in there to support the team and the direction of the company.

Unfortunately the Music and audio call outs became more and more annoying each time I heard them, and the delays along with Jacks continued missed dates made those things less tolerable.

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I think JJP just overshot... too much stuff at once. "Little" things like the 6 speaker soundbar, are they actually mixing their audio into 6 channel, or is it one of those stereo to fake surround conversion? At the end of the day we would have been happy with stereo speakers of decent quality.

I'm sure a 70 year old movie was in mono anyway.

#144 11 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

All depends on what kind of love you are looking for.

#145 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

JJp I know you are reading my posts and maybe since you are now copy/paste them to me in email you will understand. When I say I do not like a business practice(imaginary 8000 price hike). Than you respond your almost sold out. You may be sold out but your distributors are not. Telling me this just made me think well you do not need my money or purchase at all. As a consumer of pinball machines I am the wrong person to make me feel like my purchase and deposit doesn't matter.
JJp just letting you know you should drop this. Despite my posts hurting you I have a ton left to write but will spare you and pinside this. I am entitled to my opinion. You should be more worried abut a lynching on pinside if you do not ship Woz soon. I meant everything I said about Woz and sorry I was not nice about it. Just refund my deposit back I need not waste my time or thought or money on your unable to hold a promise pinball machine company.
My apologies pinsiders for drama.... :)Oh but not to ignorant pinsider you can all toss off

I have enjoyed our conversations in the past, when I saw your post I wondered if it was Ambien or beer, as you are way better than that.

#146 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm sure a 70 year old movie was in mono anyway.

I know you aren't actually interested in this... but The Wizard of Oz is interesting in its sound production. Of course, everything was mono in 1939, but instead of using the then-common movie practice of recording music by placing a single microphone in front of the orchestra, with WOZ they used multiple microphones placed all around the stage, each recording groups of instruments onto separate tapes. These were then mixed together into the mono master.

Those original recordings survived, and were used in the 90's to compose a proper stereo/5.1 soundtrack. Thus, although it was originally released mono, WOZ is one of the oldest movies with actual stereo sound.

#147 11 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

Perhaps my loving and very intelligent wife, who just completed her second masters degree from an American University and is on tract to become a professor at a U.S. college (she is and has been an American citizen for some time), who was born and raised in Thailand might take exception to your thoughts.

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

Perhaps my loving and very intelligent wife, who just completed her second masters degree from an American University and is on tract to become a professor at a U.S. college (she is and has been an American citizen for some time), who was born and raised in Thailand might take exception to your thoughts.

Ok so there's one good story of Thailand love, congrats.

Meanwhile David Carradine has a different story to tell

Did your wife take a statistics class during all the fancy learn'n? If so she should run probability numbers for this guy on his way to Thailand.

On another note I really enjoy travel shows with Thailand as the destination. That place looks really cool. Neat food, weird stuff & old mopeds. I like it!

#149 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ok so there's one good story of Thailand love, congrats.
Meanwhile David Carradine has a different story to tell
Did your wife take a statistics class during all the fancy learn'n? If so she should run probability numbers for this guy on his way to Thailand.
On another note I really enjoy travel shows with Thailand as the destination. That place looks really cool. Neat food, weird stuff & old mopeds. I like it!

From what I have read of him, David Carradine might have had a lot of interesting stories to tell in general in his life.

As for my wife and stats, she could run rings around most people intellectually. Yet P42Hogger slandering a country for no good reason is inappropriate and insulting. Every country has good and bad places Yet to malign, even in gest, the entire kingdom of Thailand is childish.

I am glad, though, that you liked Thailand on television. The country is indeed a very nice one to travel to where I have found most people to be genuine and friendly.

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

From what I have read of him, David Carradine might have had a lot of interesting stories to tell in general in his life.
As for my wife and stats, she could run rings around most people intellectually. Yet P42Hogger slandering a country for no good reason is inappropriate and insulting. Every country has good and bad places Yet to malign, even in gest, the entire kingdom of Thailand is childish.
I am glad, though, that you liked Thailand on television. The country is indeed a very nice one to travel to where I have found most people to be genuine and friendly.

I have traveled to well over 100 countries, living for extended periods in many, Thailand is in my top 3. Beautiful scenery from the mountains to the beaches, spectacular rock climbing, great SCUBA Diving, warm and inviting people, fantastic food and $2 an hour Thai massage. Paradise!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 24.50
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-jjp-keep-announcing-release-dates-that-they-cant-meet/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.