(Topic ID: 47762)

Why do JJP keep announcing release dates that they can't meet?

By RGR

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by j69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130402_134737.jpg
alan-wolfpack.jpg
Popcorn-late-night-with-conan-obrien-9.gif
1305812_1.gif
Hangover1.jpg
tumblr_m81q1skSI31r5ashuo1_400.jpg
IMG_6489copy.jpg
Popcorn_2.gif
munchkin.jpg
deadhorse.gif
george.gif
i2fun.com-3110110827.gif
drugs_you_re_not_the_bat.jpg
MBJG.gif
yNCVL.gif
jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 11 years ago

This is not a troll thread but I would really like to know why they do this?? Can anyone give a reasonable explanation? Like in any business if you did not keep a promise once then you would lose customers, but how many times has it been like 5-7? Imagine waiting at the gate of a airport and being told like 7 times that your plane is ready for boarding...

#3 11 years ago

Jack has been possessed by the ghost of a used car salesman.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Jack has been possessed by the ghost of a used car salesman.

My dad sold used cars (and new ones). Even being a member of that profession he knew better than to make promises to his customers that he couldn't keep.

#6 11 years ago

Lol not a troll thread unless your a troll that doesnt want to address the question...

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

My dad sold used cars (and new ones). Even being a member of that profession he knew better than to make promises to his customers that he couldn't keep.

Correction: Jack has become possessed by the ghost of a really bad used car salesman.

#8 11 years ago

Would you prefer Wayne's PR approach?

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

This is not a troll thread but I would really like to know why they do this?? Can anyone give a reasonable explanation? Like in any business if you did not keep a promise once then you would lose customers, but how many times has it been like 5-7? Imagine waiting at the gate of a airport and being told like 7 times that your plane is ready for boarding...

Jack has stopped giving dates.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lol not a troll thread unless your a troll that doesnt want to address the question...

What is their to address?

It happened. It'll most likely happen again. Stop beating the dead horse.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

It's called schizophrenia.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Popcorn eating gif anyone?

How about this for a change:

#13 11 years ago

He is loosing customers - I am one he lost. However, its a cool enough concept that others are willing to still buy spots. I can also guarantee you I will be a customer again when I play a game of his that I have to have, but he get no pre order love from me again.

#14 11 years ago

Actually, I would bet that all these delays have affected pre-order sales of Hobbit LE. People realize that there is no way they are giving money for another machine full of delays. I would never start making payments on that machine till they actually ship. Fool me once.

#15 11 years ago

oooooooooooooooook!

// Error: Image 92373 not found //

#17 11 years ago

7rpMk.gif7rpMk.gif

#18 11 years ago

Popcorn-03-Scarlett-Johanssen.gifPopcorn-03-Scarlett-Johanssen.gif

#19 11 years ago

Well I just learned that after 4 Bushmills I can watch Scarlett eat popcorn all night...

#21 11 years ago

Heres some music to go with your popcorn.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Well I just learned that after 4 Bushmills I can watch Scarlett eat popcorn all night...

Well I just learned that after 4 packs of Bath Salts I can watch Jon Stewart eat popcorn all night...

#24 11 years ago

One more

MBJG.gifMBJG.gif

#25 11 years ago

Well I just learned that after 4 packs of Bath Salts I can watch Jon Stewart eat popcorn all night...

drugs_you_re_not_the_bat.jpgdrugs_you_re_not_the_bat.jpg

#27 11 years ago

george.gifgeorge.gif

#28 11 years ago

The problem is he doesn't seem to be learning any lessons - keeps repeating the same mistakes. He "guaranteed" March. Now why would he do that after all this time and missed dates? And then "guarantee" it's going to happen. That's like just setting yourself up to fail.

The other problem is that he doesn't let you know when it's not going to happen. Certainly he knew before March 31st that games would not be shipping, but it was quiet for so long. He seems to be afraid to just come out early and say, "Hey, had some issues - have to probably push back the date". Silence is the worst thing, and again, it's the same mistake over and over and over.

#29 11 years ago

No new date has been announced that I have heard.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

The problem is he doesn't seem to be learning any lessons - keeps repeating the same mistakes. He "guaranteed" March. Now why would he do that after all this time and missed dates? And then "guarantee" it's going to happen. That's like just setting yourself up to fail.
The other problem is that he doesn't let you know when it's not going to happen. Certainly he knew before March 31st that games would not be shipping, but it was quiet for so long. He seems to be afraid to just come out early and say, "Hey, had some issues - have to probably push back the date". Silence is the worst thing, and again, it's the same mistake over and over and over.

Agreed. I really thought when he sent that long message from the heart about a month ago talking about the delays that that meant shipping was imminent. I'm pulling for JJP, Stern needs a real competitor on a large scale and he is our best hope. He needs to get his game out and get to work on his next game and beat the time frame this one took and establish a company.

JJP needs to build some excitement now and get product out the door. I also think he should announce a game in between WOZ and the Hobbit. Moving product is the way to compete with Stern. One release every two years will not bother Stern at all.

#31 11 years ago

To answer RGR's question,
I agree w/ DCFan, it seems like Jack has cut back on announcing promise dates/milestones.
Why? I think he is focusing on gettin WOZ pins completed/tested/shipped now.

Earlier in the project he/they/we were most likely in phases 1, 2 & 3, and felt confident based on current progress made, revised schedule, known problems and issues, that they could complete the machines by _XX__ date. ...but, then new unforseen problems pop up as more progress made.

Six Phases Of A Project
1.Wild Enthusiasm
2.Total Confusion
3.Disillusionment
4.Search for the Guilty
5.Punishment of the Innocent
6.Promotion of the Non-participants

Hopefully there will not be excessive effort spent on phases 4/5/6.
I'm confident that JJP pin #2 will go MUCH faster than the first pin (WOZ).
They have accomplished a lot in the past 2 years that we don't all get to see imho.

#32 11 years ago

No new date has been announced.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I agree with this; It certainly seems like this from the outside looking in.

But I would have to get into the nitty gritty of who said what to who... when. Maybe I'm wrong and Jack sent messages to his customers "hey, its late again".

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Six Phases Of A Project
1.Wild Enthusiasm
2.Total Confusion
3.Disillusionment
4.Search for the Guilty

Man, Pinball-is-Great, I got a document to write tomorrow and that is the PERFECT closing line for it. Thanks!

#35 11 years ago

Like is there a need to inform the customer when it will be released? I mean sure they have put money down prior, but just inform them of the progress of the game and not the release date..

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Like is there a need to inform the customer when it will be released? I mean sure they have put money down prior, but just inform them of the progress of the game and not the release date..

Jack has said that he made mistakes in giving dates, so now he has taken the approach that he will not give dates anymore. He is planning on giving some updated info on the WOZ buyer's newsgroup and even provided some today. That is all he can do without being GOD.
Also, I am not defending or attacking Jack with these statements, they are simply the facts he has given.

#37 11 years ago

Yeah, knowing what's going on... this thread is rather entertaining.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is all he can do without being GOD.

He is god tho On the 7th day God created WOZ, opps sorry 8th day, errr 10th day, hmmm no make that the 26 th day... errr l'll let you know when its created....

#39 11 years ago

JJP = slippery.

#40 11 years ago

deadhorse.gifdeadhorse.gif

#41 11 years ago

munchkin.jpgmunchkin.jpg

#42 11 years ago

His real problem is that he bit off more than he could chew. Gary warned him.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

His real problem is that he bit off more than he could chew. Gary warned him.

Without any real evidence, I get the sense that the RGB LED design has been the biggest holdup and probably the part that was "more than they could have anticipated chewing".

They are taking the pinball lighting to a whole different level, and it should be much easier after the first game.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

He is loosing customers - I am one he lost. However, its a cool enough concept that others are willing to still buy spots. I can also guarantee you I will be a customer again when I play a game of his that I have to have, but he get no pre order love from me again.

I'm not opposed to pre-orders but The Hobbit thing was WAAAAAAY premature, IMO. 1.) WOZ hadn't shipped. 2.) It hadn't even remotely been designed yet.

I love my LOTR pin, so I have some interest in The Hobbit....I would consider pre-ordering if I saw where the playfield design was going....now, though? Too early.

#45 11 years ago

Six Phases Of A Project
1.Wild Enthusiasm
2.Total Confusion
3.Disillusionment
4.Search for the Guilty

I laughed my ass off when I read this. Not against JJP, just thinking of project management.

#46 11 years ago

All joking aside;

Jack needs to hire a project manager that has experience in creating and overseeing new product roll out.

Jack clearly knows how to sell, he just needs somebody with about 20+ years of experience in manufacturing, rather than trying to wear every hat himself.

He would be happier, we would be happier, WOZ would be out already.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All joking aside;
Jack needs to hire a project manager that has experience in creating and overseeing new product roll out.
Jack clearly knows how to sell, he just needs somebody with about 20+ years of experience in manufacturing, rather than trying to wear every hat himself.
He would be happier, we would be happier, WOZ would be out already.

Nailed it Vid and now he needs a Public Relations team, but so does Stern.

#48 11 years ago

Cool thread thanks for starting it...... I think we needed another one of these WAAAAAAAAAA threads. Just jump ship you probably dont want to hear yellow brick road over and over anyways. Love the ding noise to it is so calming.

I have lost interest in this game and seriously not sure about Hobbit anymore. So slow to get the code in good shape with all those games out there making money on a shell of was promised.

I want to play it when it comes out but so tired of hearing about it especially the fact that he has not said crap about what date your game is shipping. Sue him he did not ship in March see if you can do better at building it before you whine again. Try thinking for a second that maybe they want to ship a game to but cannot because they were not organized enough to get the right parts in time.

I will not give them another dime till I see some really big changes in the company. I seriously am thinking of getting out before we get the "sorry were out of business " post. Take another vacation Jack that will make me to pay you more for Hobbit. Oh and this was the worst them saying price raise on Hobbit LE and than we did not find enough chumps like me stupid enough to give them money on nothing more than license and a lacklaster photoshop cabinet. Sorry if you liked it other than the LCD it looks like they took the movie poster and moved it around and went bang that so good together print it. I seriously would rather they just went HOBBIT in big yellow or gold letters and just get rid of the scanned boring image of dwarves taking a poop in a hobbit hole. Oh yeah that cauldron sure represents alot without the 3 cave trolls that made that scene.

Yeah so monday refund for me most likely or no more money till I see a finished shipping game. Does not anyone worry that you will never see a game or your money if they go bankrupt before shipping it? I have no recourse because of time passed with my credit card currently. So I would have made the thread, will they go under not waaa why my game no ship....

So OP thanks for making this post it made me rethink my Hobbit purchase. Hey jack 2500 bucks gimmie gimmie back. I will reorder and lose my precious saved number LOL!

Update: I just asked for a refund 2500 bucks worth of preorder. Guess all of neos posts and others finally caught up. Hobbit is a pipe dream with a horrible looking cabinet, glad I finally said that. If I want a hobbit I will get one but not going to sit on my money for a stupid plaque number that is not #1. Not sure why I got sucked into the hype. But I will just slide this towards a little bills. So I take it back thanks OP you just made me 2500 dollars richer. Will update if I have any issues with refund but I doubt there will be a issue. Thanks pinside for making me some money tonight.

P.S. my number was #420 for all you stoners out there go for it should be available to steal monday all yours I am over numbers for games. I mean damn I never look at my Tron plaque when I play it 383 or not it does not really matter unless its #1. FYI I had picked 420 because thats what my TFLE was ( not my pick) just showed up because they prejudged me as A Californian, dude I never inhaled like Clinton. Anyways get your Hobbit LE 420 its all you, I give in to the fact that I want my money more than I want a numbered plaque. AGAIN HORRIBLE CABINET JACK.

Post edited by starbase : JERSEY JACK HOBBIT REFUND UPDATE!!

#49 11 years ago

Next thing you know he will be calling customers and telling them he over sold and they are out of the ECLE and will need to take a standard! That would really suck after waiting 22 months or more.

#50 11 years ago

I Love POPCORN.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-jjp-keep-announcing-release-dates-that-they-cant-meet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.