(Topic ID: 222043)

Why do I like all pinball machines from 1992 and 1993?

By Bumper

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by snyper2099
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E501F61F-AFAD-4FA4-952C-309478D425CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Business was good and they were really churning them out so they could load them up with features and still make money.
Also they didn't have to cater to the "My dream theme was a band or movie from 40 years ago" crowd because there was no pinside, so they had to be creative with theme or use mostly current licenses with a few exceptions.
The designers of these games were also fairly young and full of youthful enthusiasm and creativity.

That was also during a time where there were arcades, bowling alleys, and restaurants full of pinball machines and lots and lots of people loved pinball. Now you have a very small group of people that like pinball and there are no pinball machines on location in most places amd the small percentage of people who do like pinball are mostly older people that enjoyed it back in the 70's.

Those themes are marketed toward the age group that is buying them. I dont know why that is so damn hard for some people to understand. Us old phuks are the ones that have the expendable cash and the desire to buy the majority of these games, and besides that every theme is not directed toward older people either.

Also Pinside is hardly to blame for the themes that are being made, these themes are what the majority of us pinheads want!

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

What I understand is no matter how much money you have or how hard you try, there is no buying your youth back. If you can't be happy in the now, you might as well pack it up and die.

Its not about buying your youth back though, these are the themes that the people who are buying most of the games like.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure is a pricy way to relive the past. I get it for free watching re-runs on TV. Best part is when the show is over, I don't have the constant reminder sitting there.

Pinball is actually the cheapest hobby ive ever had. Ive lost my ass on cars, racecars, boats, women, partying, and motorcycles through the years......which i dont regret by the way. My pinball machines keep their value pretty good. Im also not buying them to relive my past, im buying them because i love pinball. I thought that you owned a bunch of games yourself o-din? Also, when you spend your money on a hobby that you love and it brings you happiness then its well worth the money that you are spending. You only get one life so you need to try and enjoy it as much as possible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 315.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
liorillusion
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 14.95
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Madison, AL
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Dystopian Mods Italia
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Walton, KY
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside