(Topic ID: 222043)

Why do I like all pinball machines from 1992 and 1993?

By Bumper

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E501F61F-AFAD-4FA4-952C-309478D425CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Business was good and they were really churning them out so they could load them up with features and still make money.
Also they didn't have to cater to the "My dream theme was a band or movie from 40 years ago" crowd because there was no pinside, so they had to be creative with theme or use mostly current licenses with a few exceptions.
The designers of these games were also fairly young and full of youthful enthusiasm and creativity.

That was also during a time where there were arcades, bowling alleys, and restaurants full of pinball machines and lots and lots of people loved pinball. Now you have a very small group of people that like pinball and there are no pinball machines on location in most places amd the small percentage of people who do like pinball are mostly older people that enjoyed it back in the 70's.

Those themes are marketed toward the age group that is buying them. I dont know why that is so damn hard for some people to understand. Us old phuks are the ones that have the expendable cash and the desire to buy the majority of these games, and besides that every theme is not directed toward older people either.

Also Pinside is hardly to blame for the themes that are being made, these themes are what the majority of us pinheads want!

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What I understand is no matter how much money you have or how hard you try, there is no buying your youth back. If you can't be happy in the now, you might as well pack it up and die.

Its not about buying your youth back though, these are the themes that the people who are buying most of the games like.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure is a pricy way to relive the past. I get it for free watching re-runs on TV. Best part is when the show is over, I don't have the constant reminder sitting there.

Pinball is actually the cheapest hobby ive ever had. Ive lost my ass on cars, racecars, boats, women, partying, and motorcycles through the years......which i dont regret by the way. My pinball machines keep their value pretty good. Im also not buying them to relive my past, im buying them because i love pinball. I thought that you owned a bunch of games yourself o-din? Also, when you spend your money on a hobby that you love and it brings you happiness then its well worth the money that you are spending. You only get one life so you need to try and enjoy it as much as possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,419.00
$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-i-like-all-pinball-machines-from-1992-and-1993?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.