Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

Ok... I got to go on a little bit of a rant, so bear with me.

I saw on the market page that someone was in need a part for their machine. I have the part so I offer it up to them for. Easy enough, right?

I gave a price of $15 shipped. I thought that was fair. He came back at $10. So you're saying , "what's wrong with that"?

Well.....I live 15 miles from the nearest post office and my truck gets about 15 mpg. So by the time I drive to the post office and back, I have sucked 2 gallons of gas at $2.50 per gallon or $5.00 in gas. Then I have to pay for the shipping maybe $3.00 plus the padded envelope to ship it in. So I break even in the deal at his price.

Now I know what you are thinking...you should have asked more for the part. And you are probably right, but I am trying to do someone a favor by helping them get a part that is no longer made so they can get their game going, but they always want to jew you down when you are already giving them a good deal.

I see this all the time on sites like LET GO and OFFER UP where I sometimes try to sell stuff I don't need anymore. Then they sometime what me to deliver it as well.

So back to my question.....Why Bother.

#12 6 years ago

I not really offended that the guy countered, but it just seems everyone wants something for free nowadays.

If I need something that is no longer made or hard to find and I find it, I pay whatever the price is. But that's just me I guess.

#24 6 years ago

I guess you guys are missing the point. I am not opposed to haggling on price. But At some point you have to cover the cost. That's all I was trying to say. But some people don't seem to get that.

Quoted from ReplayRyan:

You live in Atkins, IA. What else are you going to do with your day?

What's your point???

#26 6 years ago

Don't counter offer such a low price that it doesn't cover the seller cost to get it to you . Not that hard to figure out.

I wasn't going to make anything at 15 but at 10 I'm in the hole. Trying to do the guy a favor and this is what you get, that's my point

Don't look a gift horse in the face and, nice guys finish last. If you don't know what the first one means, ask your parents

Lesson learn on my part.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-i-even-bother?tu=timab2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.