Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by IckinItwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonymiddendorf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

Which is worse: hipster or emo?

IMO, most emo kids eventually turn into hipsters.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

im friends with a few "hipster" types.... most of them are pretty cool.
    but there are the elite few hipsters i tend to call RECORD SNOBS. they collect everything rare, obscure, 12 inch records, 7 inches, imports, colored vinyl. oh, they will also make sure to tell you how MUCH they know about those obscure bands and how LITTLE you know
    seems like right now the hipster trends are moustaches, old skinny jeans cutoff into shorts, raybans, greasy dirty hair, that whole "i really dont care" look.

You got it.

One item you forgot to mention: NO hipster would ever call himself a hipster!

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

But To me Emo is another made up term, but I'm saying Emo are younger kids that grow up into hipsters.

Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

IMO, most emo kids eventually turn into hipsters.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

tonymiddendorf said: NO hipster would ever call himself a hipster!
    Becasue no hipster thinks they are a hipster.

Right- because hipsters are all SOOO unique and independent thinkers ... right?

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

what's a foodie??

A food snob.

"I only eat vegan, vegetarian, grass-fed, artisan, kosher, organic food." <- thats the annoying type

I consider myself a psuedo-foodie. That just means that I like to try new and different foods. I try not to eat at chain restaurants. My favorite part of travelling is eating local cuisine.

Like any generalization, there are a wide variety of 'foodies'

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Foodie is the new douche on the block. Basically all the crap you hear on tv cooking shows.
    They love spending all their money on over priced resturaunts. All "farm fresh" "local" blah blah blah...super clubs, "euorpean size" servings, artisan, hand crafted, "green pork" etc etc. Worst of all the call themselves foodies. You know...like we all don't need food to live.
    We have a resturaunt in my town that serves Pizzas...stay with me here...they have pizzas on the menu but you cannot substitute any items on the pizza, because the "chef" has hand chosen them to play off each other perfectly. IT'S A FU&^$nG PIZZA.

+1

Though, I don't think they are all bad. But, those that take it to the extreme that TheLaw describes ... pathetic

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Do I need someone 10 years my junior, probably too young to have a record player, telling me "I'm totally missing out on the vinyl sound man there's so much more texture and range in there?" No, it's annoying.

Hahaha, yup!

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

ahhh... got it. thanks for the info.

so i guess a FOODIE would look down on me for eating a tasty double double and animal style fries?

*GASP* Oh, the humanity!!!!!

#51 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I don't have any problem with hipsters or any other part of subculture. I only take issue with those that look down on me because i don't conform to what they like. I guess kinda like some of you are hacking on hipsters for doing what they do. Whatever that is...
    I'm not a hipster despite the glasses.

You're right. I really don't have a problem with them either- until they start to turn their nose up at me. My posts only reflect my feelings toward those.

My best buddy is a hipster (not if you ask him) and he's the best kind.

Like all stereotyped groups, it's the extremes that get focused on.

The more pinball fans, the better!

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballShawn:

I always went against the grain. You can be that way and not be a douche about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonymiddendorf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-hipsters-like-pinball?tu=tonymiddendorf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.