Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by IckinItwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jws64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 11 years ago

To answer the original question - Why do hipsters like pinball?

Taking a wild guess at it, and using the urban dictionary definition as a guide I'd say they like it because it's everything that the console gaming of XBox 360 & PS3 isn't. Having said that I'm
    relatively sure there's plenty of hipsters that love playing XBox & PS3.

I'm hoping that being 47 takes me out of the age range for being a hipster. According to the Urban Dictionary the age range is 20's-30's.

I do have an IPhone, but I seriously think that doesn't automatically qualify a person as being a hipster.

If liking pinball and having an IPhone makes me a hipster, then F**K it, I'm a hipster.

#19 11 years ago

There's a movie with Peter Weller (robocop) from the 80's called First Born, with Teri Garr, Corey Haim and another kid.

There's a scene where they're eating in a restaurant and he say's to the older kid, "what's hip?"
    And the kid, named Jake say's "Hip isn't Hip anymore".

Funny after all these years I still remember this quote.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

Which is worse: hipster or emo?

Emo for sure. Emo-Goth, combined they make a deadly depressing force to be avoided at all costs.

Quoted from TheLaw:

The Term has been around since the 50s i believe...I think it may be a Jack karowack thing but I'm not a reader. It's been molded into whatever people want to use it for now.
    GoneFishinLvMsg said: Guess I'm not very hip.

Not true, you're probably just really old
    JWS64 said:called First Born, with Teri Garr, Corey Haim and another kid.

Christopher Collet....that kid had at all. Rockin' parties with booze, coke, and pinballs!

Man, you just reminded me that there was a pinball machine in First Born. In the movie it belonged to the boyfriend (peter weller) who had moved in with the mom (terri garr) and he offers to let Jake play it anytime he wants to and the kid cops an attitude and says "no thanks".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jws64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-hipsters-like-pinball?tu=jws64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.