Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by IckinItwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider endofline.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 11 years ago

im friends with a few "hipster" types.... most of them are pretty cool.

but there are the elite few hipsters i tend to call RECORD SNOBS. they collect everything rare, obscure, 12 inch records, 7 inches, imports, colored vinyl. oh, they will also make sure to tell you how MUCH they know about those obscure bands and how LITTLE you know

seems like right now the hipster trends are moustaches, old skinny jeans cutoff into shorts, raybans, greasy dirty hair, that whole "i really dont care" look.

#26 11 years ago

some of my old fav bands are considered emo.... my tops would be sunny day real estate. they are still one of the most influential bands of all time (that most people have never heard of).

is emo even still around?? i dont keep up with the band scene like i used to. work, kids, and pins take up all my time now

#38 11 years ago

what's a foodie??

Quoted from TheLaw:

I think tight jeans were an Emo thing...not hipster...but they probably grew into it. Emo of course coming from the "emo-core" punk rock scene invented by Ian McKaye. Which of course made absolutly no sense to begin with & Ian McKaye hated. What it was made out to be recently was a bunch of whinny little mall punk music which was terrible.
    Just like the hot button term before that was "Goth." Eventhough non of it had to do with real goth music, but more a way of dress.
    It comes in waves.
    Let them live there lives like they want to, no problem there. Now Foodies on the other hand, these F*&^kers are the real enemy

#46 11 years ago

ahhh... got it. thanks for the info.

so i guess a FOODIE would look down on me for eating a tasty double double and animal style fries?

Quoted from TheLaw:

Foodie is the new douche on the block. Basically all the crap you hear on tv cooking shows.
    They love spending all their money on over priced resturaunts. All "farm fresh" "local" blah blah blah...super clubs, "euorpean size" servings, artisan, hand crafted, "green pork" etc etc. Worst of all the call themselves foodies. You know...like we all don't need food to live.
    We have a resturaunt in my town that serves Pizzas...stay with me here...they have pizzas on the menu but you cannot substitute any items on the pizza, because the "chef" has hand chosen them to play off each other perfectly. IT'S A FU&^$nG PIZZA.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider endofline.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-hipsters-like-pinball?tu=endofline and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.