• Late to party, didn't want to wait a year or more 34 votes
    4%
  • Saving $ for another upcoming title 57 votes
    7%
  • NIB is beyond current means 64 votes
    7%
  • Other reason (please elaborate!) 58 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 875 votes by 675 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Picture2 (resized).png
outta-here (resized).png
SnapOnTheMap.png
bw2 (resized).png
bw1 (resized).jpg
634CB992-B1EB-4422-99D5-094F7F4B4AB9 (resized).jpeg
docmart (resized).PNG
robin-williams-mork-and-mindy-vtr (resized).jpg
456A38EC-B39B-4906-BAA2-CAB872B51D3E.gif
bd9dbf116d0a874440f3fe081161d3c5 (resized).jpg
dd (resized).jpg
3jrtzr (resized).jpg
dd (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#194 4 years ago

For those of you complaining about a lack of toys, have you ever played Scott Danesi's first game TNA? He's not known for filling a game with lots of toys. Compared to RaM, TNA is really stripped down yet it manages to be fun as hell to play and had probably the best sound and light show of any pin! RaM has even more lights and also features Scott Danesi music but now you also add ramps, a magnet, an extra ball trough, captive ball lock, and an awesome theme with custom callouts to tie it all together! I do think that if you didn't care for TNA than this game may not be as appealing but I find that it's impressive that a Scott Danesi game sold out that quickly without showing any of what his first game is most loved for and that's the sound and light package and addictive game play.

2 weeks later
#227 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

The artist that did the playfield is not the main artist for the show. From his website a lot of the art work is very pastel and “trippy” which is ok but to say the playfield color palette matches the series is laughable. Should have went with another artist. The playfield is freaking pink and yellow. And it’s just characters thrown about and stuff from the title sequence. No depth to knowledge of the series shown in the artwork. Big disconnect.
I have a rick and morty tattoo! Wanted this machine sooo bad but that playfield art will never be in my lineup.

What's the name of the artist and his website?

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Smart thinking. Something many guys around here lack when it comes to dropping $7000+ on a game.

We're putting a small down-payment down on a toy, not donating a kidney. I'm taking an educated gamble that the game will be a lot of fun based on the theme and the team involved, but if it doesn't live up to my expectations I'll take my lumps and sell it. I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep worrying about whether I made a "smart" decision or not.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yup. That is fine. This is the "why did you not do this" thread. I don't think many people in this thread think jumping on this pin is stupid.
There are valid reasons to jump onboard and valid reasons to chill out.
If you were expecting this thread to purely be posts validating your choice I don't know what to say.

PoMC inferred that we're stupid for dropping $7K on a game. That's the only reason I responded. This isn't the "Why are people stupid for buying a Toy" thread. I certainly wouldn't call someone that didn't buy the game stupid in the main R&M thread. You can give your own reasons for not buying the game without insulting other people. I pass on buying 99% of NIB games and I don't feel the need to insult anyone for buying a toy that they want.

Quoted from PoMC:

Smart thinking. Something many guys around here lack when it comes to dropping $7000+ on a game.

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That’s not smart thinking either. But this thread is very specific to this pin. Otherwise I would’ve made the same point.

I think we can probably all agree that there are wiser ways you can spend or invest your money than buying a NIB pin. It's all relative though. I have a brother in law that buys new snowmobiles every couple of years for his family.-I think they have 7 sleds for a family of 5 and he has 3 fishing boats with tens of thousands in gear. I just convinced him to buy his first pinball machine (A NIB JP2 Pro). Out of all the fun entertainment stuff that he has bought recently, the pinball machine likely has the best chance of holding it's value. I'm not going to call him dumb though for spending his money the way he wants to spend it. He works his butt off and likes enjoy the times that he's not working.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 300.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-didn-t-you-buy-a-rick-and-morty-?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.