Quoted from phoenixpin:
I love the show and have been looking for a new pin. It’s a dream theme. I was so excited to see the announcement of this theme, I immediately joined the Fang club! So why didn’t I buy in the end?
- Mechs and Toys. Scold me if you must, but I like toys in a home game. My JP Trex eats the ball. My POTC shoots a cannon. American Pinball goes all out. What’s here to justify the cost? We ragged on Star Wars for the tie fighter on a spring and rightfully so. Yet this gets a pass because Spooky is a boutique and we have to support it? Yes this ship on a spring has LEDs in it and such, but it’s still a spring.
- Art. Cabinet artwork looks great! Pops of colors and a lot going on. But... the translite and playfield look bland. A bunch of very similarly labeled inserts and not full of color like I’d have expected. Even the art blades looked sad.
- Price. With all the added components and shipping, it can reach 8-9k. But it just doesn’t quite look like a 9k pin to me. Even if I don’t buy them all, at least JJP games to me justify those prices with what they throw in.
- Potential wait up to 18 months
- Buying without playing or even a real stream showing it off
All that said I didn’t hate the pin at all. I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun! And I admit I do have FOMO about it! But these are my reasons I didn’t buy one and that’s the way the news goes.
This 100%. I will add that I'm a huge fan of the show. I love it. The more I looked at the playfield, the more I think there might have been missed opportunities for toys, ramps, modes, etc... The nail in the coffin was the potential 12 to 18 month wait. Perhaps I'll regret not jumping in, perhaps not.