• Late to party, didn't want to wait a year or more 31 votes
    4%
  • Saving $ for another upcoming title 55 votes
    7%
  • NIB is beyond current means 63 votes
    7%
  • Other reason (please elaborate!) 57 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 845 votes by 652 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Picture2 (resized).png
outta-here (resized).png
SnapOnTheMap.png
bw2 (resized).png
bw1 (resized).jpg
634CB992-B1EB-4422-99D5-094F7F4B4AB9 (resized).jpeg
docmart (resized).PNG
robin-williams-mork-and-mindy-vtr (resized).jpg
456A38EC-B39B-4906-BAA2-CAB872B51D3E.gif
bd9dbf116d0a874440f3fe081161d3c5 (resized).jpg
dd (resized).jpg
3jrtzr (resized).jpg
dd (resized).jpg

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

When a company sells a new product when their prior product still has unresolved issues, and people flock to buy the new product....not smart thinking in my opinion. Didn’t call anyone stupid. Do what you want with your money.

I recently bought a new laptop and did lots of research. I steered clear of some models because I saw there were unresolved issues with a prior model and it wasn’t yet clear if the newer models were affected or not. I’m not looking for trouble with a purchase whether it’s $7, $70, $700 and especially $7000.

Well we still have no resolution to ClearCoatGate. Yet people are still buying stern's latest and JJP's stuff. So I would say this doesn't really matter. And in fact for Spooky they are on the forums and will answer the phone giving you a direct answer to the progress on the ACNC problems. No such thing seems to be happening with the ClearCoatgate as it's swept under and quickly forgotten.

#252 7 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Well we still have no resolution to ClearCoatGate. Yet people are still buying stern's latest and JJP's stuff. So I would say this doesn't really matter. And in fact for Spooky they are on the forums and will answer the phone giving you a direct answer to the progress on the ACNC problems. No such thing seems to be happening with the ClearCoatgate as it's swept under and quickly forgotten.

That’s not smart thinking either. But this thread is very specific to this pin. Otherwise I would’ve made the same point.

#253 7 months ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

To me this is the number one reason; reading about this and some other unresolved issues (like the callouts) for ACNC made jumping on Rick and Morty a no go for me. I don't expect every game to ship flawlessly out of the box but for them to be in that state still hurts.
I have also been around long enough to see the hype cycle with these things. First the initial excitement, then the relentless memeing mixed with people getting hyped and patting each other on the back for getting a game number assigned to them, followed by months of speculation and frustration, followed by initial shipments with some disappointments here and there, followed by people selling their spots "for personal reasons".

This for sure. I've played AMH, RZ, Dominos,ACNC,TNA. Every single one of them has not allowed me to play an entire game.With exception of Dominos, and that game I could care less for. RZ was at SFGE at their booth. Dominos was at Pocketeers in Buffalo, NY. And the other were at Pinball Palace in GA. Every single one froze up or had other issues. No way I'd ever give this kind of money for a product based on my experience's with their functionality.

#254 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That’s not smart thinking either. But this thread is very specific to this pin. Otherwise I would’ve made the same point.

I think we can probably all agree that there are wiser ways you can spend or invest your money than buying a NIB pin. It's all relative though. I have a brother in law that buys new snowmobiles every couple of years for his family.-I think they have 7 sleds for a family of 5 and he has 3 fishing boats with tens of thousands in gear. I just convinced him to buy his first pinball machine (A NIB JP2 Pro). Out of all the fun entertainment stuff that he has bought recently, the pinball machine likely has the best chance of holding it's value. I'm not going to call him dumb though for spending his money the way he wants to spend it. He works his butt off and likes enjoy the times that he's not working.

#255 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I recently bought a new laptop and did lots of research. I steered clear of some models because I saw there were unresolved issues with a prior model and it wasn’t yet clear if the newer models were affected or not. I’m not looking for trouble with a purchase whether it’s $7, $70, $700 and especially $7000.

Can you call the laptop Company and talk to the owner about any issues you may have?

Spooky has repeatedly told us what the problem is with ACNC and how they are going about fixing it.

How about you go and ask the Stern and JJP owners in the Playfield Damage Thread how awesome that would be?

#256 7 months ago
Quoted from Jigs:

This for sure. I've played AMH, RZ, Dominos,ACNC,TNA. Every single one of them has not allowed me to play an entire game.With exception of Dominos, and that game I could care less for. RZ was at SFGE at their booth. Dominos was at Pocketeers in Buffalo, NY. And the other were at Pinball Palace in GA. Every single one froze up or had other issues. No way I'd ever give this kind of money for a product based on my experience's with their functionality.

I've owned AMH, TNA, and currently have ACNC. Never had an issue with any of the games. They are all great and I still regret selling AMH. The only reason I am out on Rick and Morty is because my wife hates the show. Maybe one day I will pick up used...maybe. Until then, looking forward to mid 2021 to see what the next Spooky title will be.

#257 7 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

What are you, a survey company working for Spooky?
Add as an option: It’s none of your business.
Bullshit thread.

No, I'm just a buyer. They don't need a survey company, maybe you've heard, the game sold out in four hours.

There is an option for "none of your business." It's called not replying to the survey.

I explained in an earlier post that one reason I started the thread was to try and deflect some of the negativity out of the main R&M thread and into this one.

I wouldn't categorize a thread that went "on fire" when it was new, and again two weeks later, as a "bullshit thread" as you so eloquently put it.

Thanks for your input!

#258 7 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Can you call the laptop Company and talk to the owner about any issues you may have?

I steered clear of those gaming laptop models that had GPU overheating issues. Saw there were people reporting problems, looked into it more and made the decision to avoid that model even though I found a good deal. Ended up finding a better deal on a laptop with a more powerful GPU in it, so worked out great.

#259 7 months ago

I considered it, but I just don't like the idea of buying a game before playing it.

Also, we have a great group of enthusiasts in my area that route games. It seems they'll be putting one out on location. That alleviates a lot of the FONO for me, and that's been true for a lot of the new titles.

I like having a collection of my own, but it's really invaluable to have that supplemented with great route games.

#260 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

When a company sells a new product when their prior product still has unresolved issues, and people flock to buy the new product....not smart thinking in my opinion. Didn’t call anyone stupid. Do what you want with your money.

This was already addressed. It’s being fixed. What’s your agenda?

#261 7 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This was already addressed. It’s being fixed. What’s your agenda?

Oh, I have a diabolic pinball agenda. I assure you. Just have to wait and see how this plays out. Muah hahahahaha

#262 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Oh, I have a diabolic pinball agenda. I assure you. Just have to wait and see how this plays out. Muah hahahahaha

Heretic!

#263 7 months ago

Does he mean diabetic? Dianetic?

#264 7 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I considered it, but I just don't like the idea of buying a game before playing it.
Also, we have a great group of enthusiasts in my area that route games. It seems they'll be putting one out on location. That alleviates a lot of the FONO for me, and that's been true for a lot of the new titles.
I like having a collection of my own, but it's really invaluable to have that supplemented with great route games.

Thanks for dropping quarters and playing them. Only way we can even remotely consider putting out new games is because of the local support

#265 7 months ago

Simple... Too many pins and I don't have enough money! But, I think it looks interesting and will be funny. Just a shame that I don't have both unlimited space and funds. but, is that not what makes our collections both unique and individualized as you can tell what a pinballer likes just by what he collects... And sometimes the deals he searches for too.

#266 7 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Simple... Too many pins and I don't have enough money!

That sure didn't stop me. lol.

I figure where there's a will, there's a way. And where there's a Rick, there will be a Morty.

The clincher was with all the recent garbage and mostly has been themes that have nothing to do with anything in my reality now that I can't even stand to look at let alone play, while I bided my time waiting for something exactly like this to happen, although I was certain it probably never would.

I guess in pinball terms you could say, I am part of the demographic this game is aimed at

#267 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I think I already know where this is going, but just to be clear, what about a $70k purchase? Are you looking for trouble in that situation?

#268 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

That sure didn't stop me. lol.
I figure where there's a will, there's a way. And where there's a Rick, there will be a Morty.
The clincher was with all the recent garbage and mostly has been themes that have nothing to do with anything in my reality now that I can't even stand to look at let alone play, while I bided my time waiting for something exactly like this to happen, although I was certain it probably never would.
I guess in pinball terms you could say, I am part of the demographic this game is aimed at

Well... I think you might consider Iron Maiden a has been theme and Elivra... Iron Maiden is still going strong. And I'm just super amazed that my all time favorite band has a pinball machine. I've seen them once with Blaze Bayley(Dio opened for them... well mid card... Dio is my all time favorite singer), once on the Bruce and Adrian reunification tour(not a reunion as Adrian and Jannick were never in the band at the same time, so its a reunification of past members back into the fold), one the Somewhere back in Time Tour. That was tour was the first time I truly saw an epic stage show as it was the first time I saw them in an arena.
Then on Final Frontier tour, Book of Souls, and lastly Legacy of the Beast tour... I am glad to say each time I saw them, they were better than the last. Their legacy of the beast tour was amazing and I can't wait for the concert blu ray to be released.

And there is no way around it for Elvira. She is in the setting sun of a truly legendary career. But, that doesn't mean she is anything less than iconic, and she is an icon... And still can pull off the character.
However, when at my Dad's christmas party my younger brother didn't know who she was... And I was like... Really man... Really... Cos to me and all my other brothers(all older) we all loved her as kids. He's like 25 years old.

Back to the money... To be clear I have the money. But, I need to find out what I owe last year in taxes, pay it, and I also want to replace my back porch. Once I get both of those tasks accomplished(the back porch will be in may-june), and possibly new tires for my car... I'll think about purchasing my next pin. No idea what I'll get. I'll see whats around. Lots of cool games to choose from.

With any luck someone will make my 2nd dream theme a reality Hard Body 2 and I'll be able to get the super LE let's get physical edition with more custom grunt callouts! And candy coated specs of sweat beads embossed on the rails and legs!

#269 7 months ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I have 3 Spooky pins and they work perfectly. But then again, I’m a collector, so games don’t get heavy play.

Yes. This applies a lot more than u would think and to all companies. I have often said that operators should have there own section. Most of us home collectors have pins even if they are a few years old haven't broken anywhere near 1000 plays. Not saying it doesn't happen to us and only after a few plays but lets be real. I know a few operators and they won't buy Spooky or JJP games and are very weary of Stern Spike games and the node board issues etc.. I've never had one problem, not one but I sell usually before the 300 play mark. Anyway just an observation.

#270 7 months ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... I think you might consider Iron Maiden a has been theme and Elivra... Iron Maiden is still going strong.

It's all relative I guess. If it is something I was into 30+ years ago, but have long since moved on and left it behind, and it seriously seems like a lifetime ago, it is not something I really feel is right for me now. I tried that with Metallica and it did not work out.

As far as Dio, I saw him as the frontman for Rainbow, two lifetimes ago.

#271 7 months ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I think I already know where this is going, but just to be clear, what about a $70k purchase? Are you looking for trouble in that situation?

You must be a dad.

#272 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's all relative I guess. If it is something I was into 30+ years ago, but have long since moved on and left it behind, and it seriously seems like a lifetime ago, it is not something I really feel is right for me now. I tried that with Metallica and it did not work out.
As far as Dio, I saw him as the frontman for Rainbow, two lifetimes ago.

I like his work with Rainbow. I think there is a serious conversation for Long Live Rock & Roll being the superior album over rising.
Yes, Stargazer is Rainbow's best song(for the purpose of this argument lets keep it confined to Rainbow being the dio era and not the Grahem Bonnet or Joe Lynn Turner eras... And really no Bonnet era I know... He got fired fast from bands in the 80s).
But, back to Rising and Rock and Roll... Gate's of Babylon is probably the 2nd best Dio Rainbow song and there is just more heavy hitters on Long Live. Not saying Rising isn't a great album. It's an all time classic. And I might not even say Long Live is better. I'm just saying you could make the argument.
And while I never did get to see Dio more than once.
I did get to see Schenker-fest and Bonnet and Robin Mccaulley perform with schenker(among the others) and that was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Lastly... FYI... I'm only 35 years old. So while I've loved Iron Maiden, Dio, and Schenker my whole life. They were not popular when I started to listen to them... There popularity was waning and I had to suffer the death of Rock and Metal in the 90s and trust me it Died a horrible horrible death. Its come back a good ways since then.
So to me an Iron Maiden pinball machine is a huge middle finger to all the jerks in junior high and high school who ragged on me for all my heavy metal t shirts and told me dio sucks becauase of that south park episode.

#273 7 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

No, I'm just a buyer. They don't need a survey company, maybe you've heard, the game sold out in four hours.
There is an option for "none of your business." It's called not replying to the survey.
I explained in an earlier post that one reason I started the thread was to try and deflect some of the negativity out of the main R&M thread and into this one.
I wouldn't categorize a thread that went "on fire" when it was new, and again two weeks later, as a "bullshit thread" as you so eloquently put it.
Thanks for your input!

Blah blah blah sales guy for Spooky.
There’s a zillion reasons why people don’t buy a product.
What do you care?
Just sounds like someone who is trying to gather information for his favorite company - Spooky.
Why don’t you run a thread asking why everybody didn’t buy a Stranger Things or POTC or Ocktoberfest?
And why are you trying to “deflect negativity” by creating another thread? I mean, who the hell cares?
Were you just overwhelmed with so much negativity that you conjured up the idea of creating another thread.
It’s bizarre.
Even if that’s the case, add another option....”it’s none of your business what I do with my money”......and no it’s not the same as “don’t answer the survey.”
Not even close.

In any case, don’t mean to bust your balls too much. I respect your opinion.

#274 7 months ago

Sorry if I am late to the party or maybe the party is over. Lol. Is there a video of actual gameplay?

#275 7 months ago

Where is one to buy? I just breathed some air, which is all around me. I tried to buy a Rick and Morty and I had a much easier time breathing.

#276 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Right beside the "I lost my balls" option.

I mean, you're not wrong

#277 7 months ago

Who’s Rick and Morty?

#278 7 months ago

Why didn't I buy one?
1. Botched launch of product.

2. Release days before Christmas when I was both broke and spending time with my family and did not even know about it (see #1 above.)

3. They sold out in a day (see #1 and #2)

4. Horribly unrealistic supply vs. demand (see #1 and #2 and #3)

5. Mainstream license product being produced by a specialty product manufacture = unavailability (see #all )

pick one.

#279 7 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Who’s Rick and Morty?

robin-williams-mork-and-mindy-vtr (resized).jpg
#280 7 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Who’s Rick and Morty?

docmart (resized).PNG
#281 7 months ago

Full disclosure, the only spooky game I haven't played thus far is ACNC.
TNA is a unique game with a killer blood pumping audio system. Just not my cup of java though.
RZSS is absolute rubbish - no love from me
Dominos IS terrible
TJ IS terrible

RaM - as a huge fan I am pretty disappointed (but not surprised) based off the prior releases. The Spooky games just look/feel/play like a one off parlor gimmick. Don't get me wrong, the first time I see a RaM I'm dumping money but it just wasn't enough to make a hardcore fan like myself jump on the love boat. Spooky doesn't need to care about my opinion let alone approve of it. Every game they make sells out and that is success!

#282 7 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Dominos IS terrible

Isn't Dominos not really htere's or something? I mean I hope?
Just dreadfull.

#283 7 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Dominos IS terrible
TJ IS terrible

Those were Contract Machines built by Spooky. They were not Spooky Machines.

#284 7 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Those were Contract Machines built by Spooky. They were not Spooky Machines.

Hmmmm. Welp, that's interesting. Charlie Emery was a member of the design team which he also helped design ACNC and RZNI.
So to me that (right or wrong) that qualifies them as spooky machines.

#285 7 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Welp, that's interesting. Charlie Emery was a member of the design team which he also helped design ACNC and RZNI.

From what I have read about those 2 machines, they were contracted to build them.

If a design is brought in and it is untenable and it has to be altered? Well, I assume that's how you get design credit on a contract build.

#286 7 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Hmmmm. Welp, that's interesting. Charlie Emery was a member of the design team which he also helped design ACNC and RZNI.
So to me that (right or wrong) that qualifies them as spooky machines.

I wouldn't really consider Dominoes or The Jetsons to be "Spooky games". They were contracted and built by Spooky, but not designed by them. My understanding with Dominoes is that the original request was physically impossible to play or build, so Charlie worked with their design to correct those issues.

My rankings...
Tier 1: Total Nuclear Annihilation, Alice Cooper,
Tier 2: America's Most Hounted
Tier 3: Rob Zombie, Dominoes, Jetsons

They really do seem to keep getting better. There last two releases have been their best. I also liked aspects of Rob Zombie. I thought the exposed pop bumpers in the playfield made the game feel dangerous, but I was not a fan of some of the shots or the upper playfield. I'm glad they are continuing to explore different uses for pop bumpers beyond just dropping three into the upper corner of a game.

#287 7 months ago

Charlie designed Domino's IIRC, and it actually shoots pretty great, but you can't judge Spooky's "real" output by a game they were contracted to build for Domino's franchise owners' basements. Do you judge Stern by Supreme?

#288 7 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Charlie designed Domino's IIRC, and it actually shoots pretty great, but you can't judge Spooky's "real" output by a game they were contracted to build for Domino's franchise owners' basements. Do you judge Stern by Supreme?

Not sure that's fair. Stern did design the design for Supreme...when it was Spider-man (Home Edition). I also could be wrong, but I also seem to remember Charlie saying the original design for Dominos had to many shots...like to the point the pinball wouldn't physically fit between them.

PS: I will say though that I think Spider-man "The Pin" has the best artwork of any of their Spider-man games.

#289 7 months ago

I love Rick and Morty but have not been the most impressed with Spooky games. I really respect what they do and how they do it, but for me, the gaming experience is not there yet. I have not played ACNC, but have played TNA, AMH, and RZ and they are not my cups of tea. Scott does great music and lights, so I am sure those parts of the package are going to be stellar. I am glad to see Spooky growing their business and happy for those that bought the machine. I look forward to trying it on location.

#290 7 months ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

The artist that did the playfield is not the main artist for the show.

The show is made by 100’s of artists. There is no “main artist for the show”.

#291 7 months ago

I'm in for a RAM, and I'm aware of what thread I'm in. But just wanted to say what almost stopped me from buying.

Why do we have to live in a world where we have to make a non-refundable deposit for a game we can't play. Not to mention no stream. All 750 of us had to go in on theme, Scott Love (I have a TNA with 3K plays and love it long time), and a couple of videos.

We all did it, and some of us felt a bit insecure about it. And still do. It's a leap of faith, that honestly is pretty ridiculous in any other context. It's just the FOMO that exists in this hobby that drives it. Coupled with many that have sizable amount of disposable income willing to take whatever risk they do or do not perceive.

Also the idea of a 1.5 year wait - well that is a serious problem in a world of instant satisfaction. It's a hard lump.

Anyway - I love the quality and play of my TNA. It's been crazy reliable and fun. And Scott's direct support, coupled with innovative s/w updates over time, has me excited for RAM.

My 2c.

#292 7 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

We all did it, and some of us felt a bit insecure about it. And still do. It's a leap of faith, that honestly is pretty ridiculous in any other context. It's just the FOMO that exists in this hobby that drives it. Coupled with many that have sizable amount of disposable income willing to take whatever risk they do or do not perceive.

Last Mountain Bike I had built was a 26 month wait and a $1500 Deposit. No Refunds.

Sometimes that is the cost of getting what you want.

#293 7 months ago

Last one I did was Coolest Cooler. Fuck those guys.

#294 7 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Last one I did was Coolest Cooler. Fuck those guys.

You and me both. I keep getting emails to sign up to get my 20 bucks. I keep ignoring it for now.

#295 7 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Last Mountain Bike I had built was a 26 month wait and a $1500 Deposit. No Refunds.
Sometimes that is the cost of getting what you want.

Yep - and along that analogy, I'm sure you had other bike's to ride while you waited. Same here - Most of us have a collection to keep us busy for the next year.

#296 7 months ago
Quoted from DBLM:

You and me both. I keep getting emails to sign up to get my 20 bucks. I keep ignoring it for now.

LOL yea, in the back of my mind I keep thinking that $1 surcharge is just another way for them to milk more money.

#297 7 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The show is made by 100’s of artists. There is no “main artist for the show”.Yes. This. Of course. 10 minutes of research on the internet will teach you how almost all *American* TV animated shows are animated.

#298 7 months ago

Sorry Rarehero, I fucked up when siting your post.

My part is-

Yes. This. Of course. 10 minutes of research on the internet will teach you how almost all *American* TV animated shows are animated.

#299 7 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

[quoted image]

Dang I thought these were the guys:

634CB992-B1EB-4422-99D5-094F7F4B4AB9 (resized).jpeg
#300 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Sorry Rarehero, I fucked up when siting your post.
My part is-
Yes. This. Of course. 10 minutes of research on the internet will teach you how almost all *American* TV animated shows are animated.

I agree, animated shows are animated!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 22.00
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside