• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00727.jpg
DSC01217.jpg
TOTAN.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 12 years ago

I bought my Fist TOTAN from a SEGA arcade in 1998. I also run a coin-op route.I payed 1,795.00.I kept it in my house play the hell out of it.Then I would put It back on location.Over time it started to F*%$# up. I suck at fixing pinball or any other game even if I am in the Amusement game business.I owed some money on a juke-box so I sold my TOTAN I thought I had played it enough& it was Broken. I also bought in1998 my CV. TOM. I payed less than 2,000 for each. Sold both of them as well and cheap.I am now trying to build my collection back up again.I first came across TOM in2007 bought it back 3700.00 + brass kit @ 300.00. I had a chance to buy a CV 4200.00 but it was not cherry for 4200.00.On Craigs List I saw an TOTAN listed for 3800.00 I called the guy up and asked him if the inserts had ghosting (I had to explain to him what I meant insert ghosting).He said there was no damage . I got in my truck & trailer and drove 200 miles I left at night .The machine did have some minor ghosting. I told him 3400.00 and we loaded the machine up i got home at 3:00am.The machine is working 100% now but it was all screwed up.I spent hours and hours trying to find a short.Anyway. It is an excellent machine to own If you have room for multiple pinball machine or even if it is going to be your only one Buy It.You may run into some ghosting inserts however.But It is fun as hell to play and the Machine has a cool factor about it. VerySuave.The machine talks to you in a sexy female voice at times.The art work is great.Every pinball get old after sometime but I will never sell it again. 4,200.00 is the max I would pay.But if you are loaded then Call Treasure Cove and see about a High End machine.I think people sell cause they only have room for a few machines. I own 12 and I am out of room.And I want more but TOTaN will not be going any where.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 119.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 36.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 37.50
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-did-you-selltrade-your-totan?tu=robknapp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.