• Latest reply 4 years ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

283B22C2-330A-4B25-AE37-EF6FCF51956E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180716_210153 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago

Same reason I sell most pins - I play it a lot, but the family doesn’t. I didn’t get IMDN at first but I really like it now - just not more than most of the other games (I have a lot of
b/W games and so far they are keepers). But my son thinks it’s WAY too hard, and it clearly is for guests - and I can’t keep a space for a game where I’m the only one playing it. Dialed In is also in the same boat. Or maybe we’ll just move...

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Cheerleaders
Everywhere
As far as the eye can see
Where are the Maiden sellers?

When I bought TWD no one warned me the game would reset during Horde & it's insert wasn't programmed.
I felt slighted for sure.
Not looking to experience that again so I figured I could maybe PM the OP's of archived marketplace listings or start a thread instead.
So it sounds like the auto launch & 2 captive ball mechs are troubled.
Anything else not disclosed?

There’s nothing else wrong with the game - this is a normal 6-months-after-NIB selloff

5 months later
#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just traded my Maiden Premium for a Dialed In LE. Two completely different types of games and my first JJP title (it's built like a tank!).
When I first set my Premium up (NIB) and played my first several games, I honestly felt 'meh'. Decent music, amazing art, amazing lighting, great sound effects and good code, but the upper flipper shots never felt intuitive to me. I didn't 'connect' with the playfield layout I guess. My games were always playing out the same where:
- Hated FOI
- Could do well on FOTD
- Could usually finish HBTN
- Would get 1 jackpot on ROTAM.
- Was lucky if I got 1 bomber on AH. Only got a fighter super once
- Could get 1 or 2 super on Trooper MB.
- Mummy multiball was fun and locking a ball was fun too.
Lots of times I shot the left orbit with the upper right flipper and instead of the ball going around the loop, it just hit the ball guide and rolled back down. I think if you hit the loop shot too high it does that. Nevertheless I could never loop that sucker like some others probably can. Upper left flipper to the orbit or super jackpot shot were always a guess. I never had it figured out for some reason.
My favorite shot was the left ramp and I really liked loading the ball lock and getting the tomb awards.
Spinner flashers were great!
Maybe I'll regret it later, who knows. Sometimes it's easy to second guess yourself when deciding to sell or trade a game. Now take a game like BM66 and my experience with that was completely different. I enjoy that game immensely! I never had the same level of pure fun with Iron Maiden that I have with BM66. But, different strokes for different folks I guess.
Rob

Having owned both, I’d do the same thing. I love Maiden’s music, thought the machine had some neat stuff in it, but just couldn’t get into the gameplay. I knew it as soon as I got it home, but kept trying to get into it for 4 or 5 months. Dialed In got daily play immediately through the day I decided to change the lineup

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-did-you-sell-maiden?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.