• Latest reply 4 years ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

283B22C2-330A-4B25-AE37-EF6FCF51956E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180716_210153 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago

Yea, I guess I’m in the minority as I sold my Maiden....then realized the mistake I made, and bought another right back a month later its a fantastic game.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I played the Maiden at INDISC and let me tell you it was FAAAAAR from forgiving. Watching the top players in the world give it hell made me realize I have a long way to go in perfecting the game

This ^^ x100
I saw some of the stream of that IMDN and it looked brutal and fun!

It was part of the reason I sold IMDN the first time. But, this second go around I have it set up a bit more brutal (not as bad as INDISC) and the great thing about it being setup brutal is that there are tons of software settings that can be adjusted to compensate. Shorten ball times but still with options to get to the deeper modes. I’m right on the cusp of hard gameplay matching my software settings, but next time I find the game too easy or forgiving, I plan to make it harder physically with easier software settings.

Also, don’t know if it’s cause I like IMDN music, but the music isn’t as prominent on this game as a lot of other music pins as it’s a Legacy of the Beast theme. So the call outs and sounds really drive the game very well; the music is second hand and is still better than most a-typical pinball music.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Cheerleaders
Everywhere
As far as the eye can see
Where are the Maiden sellers?

When I bought TWD no one warned me the game would reset during Horde & it's insert wasn't programmed.
I felt slighted for sure.
Not looking to experience that again so I figured I could maybe PM the OP's of archived marketplace listings or start a thread instead.
So it sounds like the auto launch & 2 captive ball mechs are troubled.
Anything else not disclosed?

If you’re looking for software flaws; you’re not going to find many with Maiden. It’s pretty darn solid. I am a little disappointed with the latest 1.06 code and the new aces high start, but besides that there really aren’t many things to complain about with the code.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This hobby seriously f*cks with your sanity and you do stuff you would never dream of doing in everyday life. But that's a topic for another thread.

A-f*ckn-men brother. When I sell a game; people freak out and are like OMG! OMG! why did you sell xxx pin, I thought you loved it!?! ...me: “cause I’m fucked in the head” - no other way to put it.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I like the new Aces High. I always felt it took away away from the effect of Trooper MB in the past as it was basically just a 2 ball trooper
"begin the charge!"
Love it
Should add I have a pro. It required no work out of the box and auto launches correctly 95% of the time. I think I might have to adjust the gap on my skill shot switch but plays great.

That’s a good point about differentiating the Trooper Start. That’s why i ask the question if it bothers others, cause I don’t know if it’s my OCD or what. I finally get my auto and manual plunger working 99.999% and it ‘seems’ like they pulled the ‘ol GOT PREM software fix on us with this new Aces High intro. I’ll just have to get over it really; still got the sweet Trooper, Rime, and other mb starts.

8 months later
#114 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

A number of folks in this thread who chimed in before saying they didn’t sell Maiden have since sold Maiden.
With all the PF drama on new games, pooling vs thin clear, I’m considering adding a HUO Maiden instead of a NIB Elvira or Jurassic.
Anyone want to share their experiences & why the sold?

Still got mine! Amazing Pin.

If i were you, i’d Sell Aerosmith Pro and replace it with IMDN Pro. Now that’s a huge upgrade worth doing.

I have my eyes on JP2 but i still havent played one and i want to see what the code/rules are like at 1.00.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.50
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-did-you-sell-maiden?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.