• Latest reply 4 years ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

283B22C2-330A-4B25-AE37-EF6FCF51956E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180716_210153 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

I’m trying to decide if upgrading to a premium from a pro is worth it. Love the game.

#102 4 years ago

Never saw this thread but had the pro and simply sold for space. Its killer game but music was a bit grating. JP is not as tough (rules yet) but similar style and more crowd friendly w/fam as well.

Bottom line is Elwin makes great pins.
Design and rules trump theme for me - what a goldmine for Stern.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I’m trying to decide if upgrading to a premium from a pro is worth it. Love the game.

I’m torn on Pro vs Premium too

For 90% of the titles out there it seems Pro owners always say “get the Pro, the extra features aren’t worth it” while Premium/LE owners say “the extra features are a game changer, get the Premium.

So sir I ask you... what feature(s) are pushing you to consider upgrading?

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The differences aren’t huge between the pro and the premium but the premium is definitely more fun to play. Worth it? Probably not but if this game is going to be a long term keeper than you should get the best version of the game. Both games are awesome but the premium is a little more fun. I love shooting under the ramp to start modes and i loventhe left ramp shot into the sarcophagus lock, its awesome!

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I’m torn on Pro vs Premium too
For 90% of the titles out there it seems Pro owners always say “get the Pro, the extra features aren’t worth it” while Premium/LE owners say “the extra features are a game changer, get the Premium.
So sir I ask you... what feature(s) are pushing you to consider upgrading?

Orb on the premium
Lifting Center Ramp
Motorized Guardian and Sarcophagus Lock

Premium / LEs often feel a little nicer than a pro.

That LE that just sold in TN was a great deal. Would have picked that up if closer.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The differences aren’t huge between the pro and the premium but the premium is definitely more fun to play. Worth it? Probably not but if this game is going to be a long term keeper than you should get the best version of the game. Both games are awesome but the premium is a little more fun. I love shooting under the ramp to start modes and i loventhe left ramp shot into the sarcophagus lock, its awesome!

Whatever he said.......

#107 4 years ago

The biggest difference I notice when playing the premium over my pro is that on my pro it feels like the center ramp gets shot much much more and feels repetitive. I like the premium more yes... but I’m perfectly happy with my pro and personally don’t think it’s worth the extra cash. Now, Deadpool I’m premium over pro all day!

#108 4 years ago

In the case of Maiden, I say pro all the way. I'm not a big fan of the lifting ramp, and I don't think the other stuff is worth paying all that extra money for.

#109 4 years ago

Maiden premium playfield features are a bit better in some ways, a bit worse in others. Half of the extra stuff is hidden behind the backboard and under the playfield. Definitely no must-have wow factor stuff like JP2 premium's T-Rex.

But the thing no one's talking about is that Maiden premium has an extra multiball mode, Can I Play With Madness. Maybe they aren't good enough to get there? Shots fired!

I was tempted by CIPWM, plus the cool premium Egyptian art, but ultimately decided on a pro. For JP2 I had to have a premium.

#110 4 years ago

Lock on the ramp feels great. The lighting in some of the modes... those make me happy with the premium choice.

Premium with alt translight, pinstadium, and some of the small mods is a perfect package.

#111 4 years ago

I sold my Iron Maiden Pro a few months ago and don't miss it. I liked the game ok, but just didn't find myself playing it much. I'm not a huge Maiden music fan; the music didn't bother me, but it didn't grow on me either. I ended up getting a Deadpool pro and have been enjoying that much more.

#112 4 years ago

I sold my pro simply because a local guy really wanted it and I knew at some point I’d bring it back into the collection.
After playing my buddies Pro the other day, I’m thinking now is the time to go after a Premium or LE.
I enjoy Maiden’s music and think the game is incredible!

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I would hang tight on the Pro if you already own one. Not being a maiden fan because of the bands lack of FM play I took a roll of the dice and bought one of the first 30 IMDN pros rolled by stern that were at the MGC show last year. My gut told me do it from looking at the ZY art, Elwin layout and rules. The game has been a treasure for me ever since.

Now if I had to do over I would go Prem or heck even an LE. The game is just that good.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

A number of folks in this thread who chimed in before saying they didn’t sell Maiden have since sold Maiden.
With all the PF drama on new games, pooling vs thin clear, I’m considering adding a HUO Maiden instead of a NIB Elvira or Jurassic.
Anyone want to share their experiences & why the sold?

Still got mine! Amazing Pin.

If i were you, i’d Sell Aerosmith Pro and replace it with IMDN Pro. Now that’s a huge upgrade worth doing.

I have my eyes on JP2 but i still havent played one and i want to see what the code/rules are like at 1.00.

1 month later
#115 4 years ago

Anyone regret selling theirs yet? I would not say I regret selling mine, but I might buy it back still.

Rob

#116 4 years ago

i had 2. one for house, one for location. it did not earn well among other sterns on location right from the start so i got rid of that one fairly quick. it was always middle to bottom earner right from the start. its the theme/music location wise that kills it IMO. Having 666 on sides of cabinet doesn't help. Unless you are into the music, its not a keeper. The layout, rules, code are superior. superb design. I only wanted it in my house to learn it for tourneys then i got rid of it, i turned the music all the way down and just kept sounds and voice clips on. cant stand that music personally.
to bad they won't reskin it with a younger more current music base. something hip hop, x-over pop or electronic. That has way way more earning potential. The boat is really missed on people ages 35 and under into music IMO. Target female players with a theme.
Make a music pin a Female will see from a distance and want to walk up and play. Any guy with them will also play, or their kids.
It's how it works... Not to many women go crazy over maiden or all of the other 40 year old band themes. its 2019.

#117 4 years ago

I sold mine, then woke up from the nightmare I had. The game is sooo good. It became my kids favorite game. They play it everyday.

#118 4 years ago

i sold a premium. i liked it for a while, but with aerosmith, batman, and game of thrones it got stale quick. after a month i was just not playing it. i traded for deadpool. i'm not a comic book person, but deadpool is a better game and is just fun. i still enjoy it after a year.

i'm not bashing or anything. everyone says "keith made this game, its the best." i would not go that far. i sort of think as another theme it would have been better. the music got on my nerves after a while. i guess heavy metal is not my thing. i know some folks say aerosmith is boring or not a keeper, but i prefer it over metalicca and IM. between IM and JP, with elwin made both, JP is much better. just my 2 cents.

#119 4 years ago

I'm thinking about getting a PRO. What are the prices now adays for NIB / Used?

Premiium/LE priced way to high for what is offered.

#120 4 years ago

Hmm... Pro used has got to be around 4600ish now?

#121 4 years ago

The only reason I'd consider selling mine would be to replace it with a JP2 since it's the same team and I like to keep a varied collection. Not sure I can make that move yet though as I'm still Loving the game. Doubt there will ever be a time though when I don't have at least one KME game in my collection. They are just too good!

As of now I think Maiden is the better game with better art and callouts but in another code release or two I have a feeling JP2 might pass it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#122 4 years ago

Gonna buy coffin handles for mine so they can bury me in it.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Still got mine! Amazing Pin.
If i were you, i’d Sell Aerosmith Pro and replace it with IMDN Pro. Now that’s a huge upgrade worth doing.
I have my eyes on JP2 but i still havent played one and i want to see what the code/rules are like at 1.00.

It's unpopular to say but I really dig AS so it's not for sale fran sassssss

The art, toy box, animations, cliched simple to understand difficult to master code/layout. I know EXACTLY what to do when playing AS but FFS I never can do it (Iron Man 'ish)

Beautiful art. The music isn't my favorite but it sucks less pole than Maiden.

I've fully decided to abandon Maiden & instead focus on JP which looks like maiden on steroids!

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I sold my pro simply because a local guy really wanted it and I knew at some point I’d bring it back into the collection.
After playing my buddies Pro the other day, I’m thinking now is the time to go after a Premium or LE.
I enjoy Maiden’s music and think the game is incredible!

The only reason to sell a Pro is to get an LE.
Up The Irons!!!

283B22C2-330A-4B25-AE37-EF6FCF51956E (resized).jpeg283B22C2-330A-4B25-AE37-EF6FCF51956E (resized).jpeg
#125 4 years ago

It’s not a bad game but the music is horrible.

As others mentioned if were to be rethemed into some other band it would help.

If they were to retheme this into Five Finger Death Punch I’m in!

#126 4 years ago

LOL not sure why I sold but now kinda want it back.

#127 4 years ago

It was sacrificed to buy my Batman 66

#128 4 years ago

For me personally, I love the theme but like the game play even better. I owned a pro, loved it, sold it, and now grabbed the LE. Both options, along with the premium, are fantastic. I enjoy all the extras with the LE but the pro is awesome, too.

Before owning this pin, I had heard Run to The Hills and the Trooper and that’s about it. Now, when I play, I typically have Can I Play with Madness or The Wasted Years cranked up.

The theme clearly isn’t for everyone, but for me personally, the theme along with awesome game play makes it a winner in my book.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I dont think it would be possible to choose a worse band in the entire history of music.

#130 4 years ago

Because the horrible theme and music outweighed the great game play.....

#131 4 years ago

Now, when I play, I typically have Can I Play with Madness or The Wasted Years cranked up.

Those are my jams too! With a dash of Number of the Beast if I have a couple bad games in a row and I'm pissed off.

#132 4 years ago

Pick Rime of the Ancient Mariner and try to hear the entire song before your game is over

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Because the horrible theme and music outweighed the great game play.....

If they would have made Maiden like AC/DC, you might have somewhat of a pretty good point. Fortunately someone at Stern or in the band was sharp enough to figure out if the theme was based around Eddie it would have much broader appeal and would lend itself to some fantastic art. I'm only moderately interested in Maiden, but their mascot Eddie was a stroke of genius.

Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I dont think it would be possible to choose a worse band in the entire history of music.

They already did this pin, it's called KISS.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Doesn’t Nickelback or coldplay own the worst band in history title?

Point being Maiden is terrible.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Doesn’t Nickelback or coldplay own the worst band in history title?
Point being Maiden is terrible.

If you’re trying to see how many down votes you can get, you’re definitely on the right track. This thread discusses why people sold maiden and if they brought it back into their collection. Don’t like the band? That’s cool. We get it.

#136 4 years ago

If you’re trying to see how many down votes you can get, you’re definitely on the right track. This thread discusses why people sold maiden and if they brought it back into their collection. Don’t like the band? That’s cool. We get it.

Awesome!

I read the title of the thread but thanks for clarifying.

Can you give give me another downvote?

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Is this the Pinside version of "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Awesome!
I read the title of the thread but thanks for clarifying.

Would if I could.

#139 4 years ago

Would if I could.

You’re the best!

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

It’s not a bad game but the music is horrible.
As others mentioned if were to be rethemed into some other band it would help.

And now we know the kind of music the people trashing Maiden listen to. New wave of nu-metal. Lol

#141 4 years ago

Earned well at first but faded, wanted new stuff. Most customer comments were about not being into their music. Flow and player friendly we're positive comments.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

And now we know the kind of music the people trashing Maiden listen to. New wave of nu-metal. Lol

I listen to plenty of music new and old but Maiden has never clicked with me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 300.00
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-did-you-sell-maiden/page/3?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.