• Latest reply 4 years ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

283B22C2-330A-4B25-AE37-EF6FCF51956E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180716_210153 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

The only reason I traded Iron Maiden was because my bro had a mint condition White Water that was calling my name. Still considering another Iron Maiden!

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Also, so many MB's. I like when MB's are rewarded based on great execution of the rules. Trooper MB is way too easy to get.

Trooper is easy the first time, but not after that.

Originally thought the same re the multiballs, but they've forced me to improve my multiball skills instead of just flailing around trying to keep the balls alive. If you don't play the multiball modes with control, you don't score. Pretty sure that's what Elwin intended.

Also agree its a longer playing game, but it is so well balanced that even a longish game gets you by the balls and doesn't let go until the end. There is almost no "down time" playing this game.

Not to mention call outs, animations, sound effects, lighting. All great.

#53 5 years ago

Maybe this thread should be titled -- Why didn't you sell Maiden?

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Maybe this thread should be titled -- Why didn't you sell Maiden?

Yeah I decided to PM the OP of an archived marketplace ad to get the real deal

I may PM a few more but the very first answer confirmed my suspicions

The owners showing their Maiden love here is fine. I understand the excitement. It doesn’t answer my question but it’s fun banter.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

the very first answer confirmed my suspicions

Which were...…?

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Which were...…?

Great game but constant adjusting required

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I might just be lucky but my Pro has required zero adjusting. It's been the most maintenance free game I've ever owned. I don't think I've even ever had a stuck ball.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Quoted from MikeS:

I might just be lucky but my Pro has required zero adjusting. It's been the most maintenance free game I've ever owned. I don't think I've even ever had a stuck ball.

Same here, but seems to be the number one reason people sell.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That’s unsurprising actually

The troubled mechs are specific to the Premium/LE

I’m tempted to buy Munsters Premium & Maiden Pro

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That's what I'd do. The Premium Munsters in B&W looks awesome and the mini playfield really differentiates it and gives it something unique. The differences in Maiden are minor and more problematic than they're worth

#61 5 years ago

Thought it was a great pin. Owned the Pro. Flow was amazing. Art was great. Never really listened to Maiden growing up. A little before my time. Ended up selling for the simple fact I didn’t really care for the music. Can definitely grow on you though. If I was to get it again I’d go Premium. Dig the Egyptian Motif. Holla!

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Took me forever to adjust mine to where the stupid orb ball hit every time.
the auto launch wasn't any easier, it's still off sometimes (but hit's a 90% average)
luckily I never had issues with the mummy lock.

I didn't hear this complaint to much (maybe because other didn't notice or some games were fine)
the loops didn't register 100% of the time. I had to add spacers to the bottom of the loop optos.
I recently saw a kit for sale on one of the pinball sites for this issue.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

If I was to get it again I’d go Premium. Dig the Egyptian Motif. Holla!

You can get the Egyptian motif on the Pro too!

IMG_20180716_210153 (resized).jpgIMG_20180716_210153 (resized).jpg
#64 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yeah I decided to PM the OP of an archived marketplace ad to get the real deal
I may PM a few more but the very first answer confirmed my suspicions
The owners showing their Maiden love here is fine. I understand the excitement. It doesn’t answer my question but it’s fun banter.

Maybe it is just hard to find folks who didnt like their Maidnen, P Dub. If you keep hunting and searching you may find a couple more. GLWTH!

Look just buy a HUO IMDN once one comes up. HUO on a top 10 game is a safe bet. Pro is fine. Less features, but less features to mess with. MUN looks good also. Choices!

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Took me forever to adjust mine to where the stupid orb ball hit every time.
the auto launch wasn't any easier, it's still off sometimes (but hit's a 90% average)
luckily I never had issues with the mummy lock.
I didn't hear this complaint to much (maybe because other didn't notice or some games were fine)
the loops didn't register 100% of the time. I had to add spacers to the bottom of the loop optos.
I recently saw a kit for sale on one of the pinball sites for this issue.

Your story is exactly what I worry about. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Maybe it is just hard to find folks who didnt like their Maidnen, P Dub. If you keep hunting and searching you may find a couple more. GLWTH!
Look just buy a HUO IMDN once one comes up. HUO on a top 10 game is a safe bet. Pro is fine. Less features, but less features to mess with. MUN looks good also. Choices!

I hear ya man. Pro seems to be less trouble/work & priced nicely. Maybe I will take your advice & buy a HUO one if a good price pops up.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This hobby seriously f*cks with your sanity and you do stuff you would never dream of doing in everyday life. But that's a topic for another thread.

A-f*ckn-men brother. When I sell a game; people freak out and are like OMG! OMG! why did you sell xxx pin, I thought you loved it!?! ...me: “cause I’m fucked in the head” - no other way to put it.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you’re looking for software flaws; you’re not going to find many with Maiden. It’s pretty darn solid. I am a little disappointed with the latest 1.06 code and the new aces high start, but besides that there really aren’t many things to complain about with the code.

I like the new Aces High. I always felt it took away away from the effect of Trooper MB in the past as it was basically just a 2 ball trooper
"begin the charge!"
Love it

Should add I have a pro. It required no work out of the box and auto launches correctly 95% of the time. I think I might have to adjust the gap on my skill shot switch but plays great.

#68 5 years ago

I’ve got an LE, plays perfectly after adjustments 6 mo ago. Maybe I got lucky—had to work on DILE and BM66 more. But I really enjoy getting them to work well. The Pro and Pre are great too. Good luck with your decision!

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I like the new Aces High. I always felt it took away away from the effect of Trooper MB in the past as it was basically just a 2 ball trooper
"begin the charge!"
Love it
Should add I have a pro. It required no work out of the box and auto launches correctly 95% of the time. I think I might have to adjust the gap on my skill shot switch but plays great.

That’s a good point about differentiating the Trooper Start. That’s why i ask the question if it bothers others, cause I don’t know if it’s my OCD or what. I finally get my auto and manual plunger working 99.999% and it ‘seems’ like they pulled the ‘ol GOT PREM software fix on us with this new Aces High intro. I’ll just have to get over it really; still got the sweet Trooper, Rime, and other mb starts.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s a good point about differentiating the Trooper Start. That’s why i ask the question if it bothers others, cause I don’t know if it’s my OCD or what. I finally get my auto and manual plunger working 99.999% and it ‘seems’ like they pulled the ‘ol GOT PREM software fix on us with this new Aces High intro. I’ll just have to get over it really; still got the sweet Trooper, Rime, and other mb starts.

I like to imagine my shots a bit creatively though. To me, Trooper is the balls charging the field, mariner is is shooting down the albatross and the new aces high is like one balls is a fighter pilot doing a barrel roll over the other. My brain works in weird ways though

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I like to imagine my shots a bit creatively though. To me, Trooper is the balls charging the field, mariner is is shooting down the albatross and the new aces high is like one balls is a fighter pilot doing a barrel roll over the other. My brain works in weird ways though

Your post is a reminder to us all that marijuana is legal in Canada

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude it’s pinball! I can’t relate to people who buy a pinball machine expecting never to lift the playfield. It’s not a Toyota, it’s a Stern.

I love tinkering with my games almost as much as I like playing them.

And you know what makes a lady look at you with that special something in her eyes? Popping the glass and adjusting her captive balls...

Owning a pinball machine is like owning a boat. Of course the battery is going to be dead the first time you go to use it on your vacation - it’s a boat!

F*cking boats...

#73 5 years ago

Why did I sell Iron Maiden? I had my fun with it and was ready to get something else. I had a pro. Great game, but just had enough. I felt like I had plateaued, and wasn't getting much further into the game, and kept chopping wood to try and break through to other parts of the game.

I had problems with the auto-plunge. Some days it worked, most days it did not. It was very finicky. IMO, it has the best multiball start feature, and it was very dissatisfying when it didn't work. There were also some issues with the sound. sometimes it was very clear, and other times it was muddled. This would change mid game too so it isn't speaker quality, but something to do with the code.

I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, but the theme isn't much about the band and more about the Eddie Universe which I like. Little did I know that there is also a mobile game around Legacy of the Beast, and figurines for sale.

The music doesn't bother me and didn't really influence my decision to sell.

There doesn't have to be something wrong with a game for someone to want to sell it. I wouldn't put that much thought into it.

Buy one, play it until you're ready to move on, and enjoy the easy resale value.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Dude it’s pinball! I can’t relate to people who buy a pinball machine expecting never to lift the playfield. It’s not a Toyota, it’s a Stern.
And you know what makes a lady look at you with that special something in her eyes? Popping the glass and adjusting her captive balls...
Owning a pinball machine is like owning a boat. Of course the battery is going to be dead the first time you go to use it on your vacation - it’s a boat!
F*cking boats...

Dude, several mechs on this game could/should have been better implemented. I like tinkering as well, but IMDN Premium stands out as a PITA.

I've owned many games over the years and it's embarrassing that many of my B/W games require far less baby sitting than a recently produced Stern game. Remember what contributed to pinball's downfall? Operator maintenance costs! For an operator, a pinball shouldn't be a hobby! Paying skilled techs cost money and cuts into profits. Stern is building some great/fun games, but anyone that doesn't recognize their quality issues is sticking his/her head in the sand.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Dude, several mechs on this game could/should have been better implemented. I like tinkering as well, but IMDN Premium stands out as a PITA.
I've owned many games over the years and it's embarrassing that many of my B/W games require far less baby sitting than a recently produced Stern game. Remember what contributed to pinball's downfall? Operator maintenance costs! For an operator, a pinball shouldn't be a hobby! Paying skilled techs cost money and cuts into profits. Stern is building some great/fun games, but anyone that doesn't recognize their quality issues is sticking his/her head in the sand.

I think that’s a different thread.

Just saying you need to expect to be able to adjust a switch or whatever every once in awhile or maybe just go play video games or something that “just works”.

Plus I read that when the zombie-apocalypse comes people that can keep an IMDB LE playing well have a 60% higher chance of survival...

#76 5 years ago

I sold my Iron Maiden Pro so I could replace it with an Iron Maiden Premium. The game is one of the best ever.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

F*cking boats...

Some adjusting is fine.

Endless readjusting however is unwelcome.

If I want drama I will buy a Land Rover & STTNG.

#78 5 years ago

I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. The premium/LE does sound like some of the mech might be finicky. Not a deal breaker imo. I couldn't stop playing a premium at the local show last Fall. That was probably the most fun I had playing a new Stern. Problem is that I cannot find much to like with the theme, music, and art. Agree with comments about long ball times. Game is still super fun though. Love all the loops and 4 flippers. Really wish Stern will recycle the layout with better theme.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Some adjusting is fine.
Endless readjusting however is unwelcome.
If I want drama I will buy a Land Rover & STTNG.

Lol. As a guy who routed an STTNG for a year recently maybe I'm suffering from a kind of pinball Stockholm Syndrome.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

F*cking boats...

I just had to upvote because of the comparison to a boat LOL. So true !

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Lol. As a guy who routed an STTNG for a year recently maybe I'm suffering from a kind of pinball Stockholm Syndrome.

I'm sure glad that's gone

#82 5 years ago

To be fair to Iron Maiden, I didn't have any issues with my LE.
Only had to adjust a sling switch once on it.

Put the Cliffy's on it.
The shooter lane one keep moving and the ball would hang up on it.

Very minor stuff.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I would reverse that and get a IMDM Premium and a Munsters pro. I dont think that lower playfield is going to be as big of a hit on Munsters as what a lot of people think its going to be. I'm going Pro on Munsters all the way.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I like this plan. I think the FG/Shrek playfield was pretty cool, but Grandpa looks like it's on steroids.

Also the Premium mechs on Maiden add to the gameplay BUT they're unreliable. Poor choice of design. Maiden Pro is PLENTY fun.

#85 5 years ago

I’d play them first then decide.

1 week later
#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea, I guess I’m in the minority as I sold my Maiden....then realized the mistake I made, and bought another right back a month later its a fantastic game.

A guy in OZ did the same thing, tho he re bought an LE days later!

Simple fix... buy both games.

5 months later
#87 4 years ago

I just traded my Maiden Premium for a Dialed In LE. Two completely different types of games and my first JJP title (it's built like a tank!).

When I first set my Premium up (NIB) and played my first several games, I honestly felt 'meh'. Decent music, amazing art, amazing lighting, great sound effects and good code, but the upper flipper shots never felt intuitive to me. I didn't 'connect' with the playfield layout I guess. My games were always playing out the same where:

- Hated FOI
- Could do well on FOTD
- Could usually finish HBTN
- Would get 1 jackpot on ROTAM.
- Was lucky if I got 1 bomber on AH. Only got a fighter super once
- Could get 1 or 2 super on Trooper MB.
- Mummy multiball was fun and locking a ball was fun too.

Lots of times I shot the left orbit with the upper right flipper and instead of the ball going around the loop, it just hit the ball guide and rolled back down. I think if you hit the loop shot too high it does that. Nevertheless I could never loop that sucker like some others probably can. Upper left flipper to the orbit or super jackpot shot were always a guess. I never had it figured out for some reason.

My favorite shot was the left ramp and I really liked loading the ball lock and getting the tomb awards.

Spinner flashers were great!

Maybe I'll regret it later, who knows. Sometimes it's easy to second guess yourself when deciding to sell or trade a game. Now take a game like BM66 and my experience with that was completely different. I enjoy that game immensely! I never had the same level of pure fun with Iron Maiden that I have with BM66. But, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Rob

#88 4 years ago

when i had maiden i enjoyed it. played it daily. Then i realized some major issues.

all the modes felt the same
the pyramid stuff was basically became like chopping wood.
mini wizard modes felt the same what it took to get there.
shots are over used you are just so bored of them by the end of the game. spinner orbit ramp pops etc etc etc

I revisited maiden this past weekend and was over it after 1 game.

some love it it just find it to be a grind to play.

#89 4 years ago

Sold it because you gotta sell something to get something new.
Would love to have enough room to keep it... Great game.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sold it because you gotta sell something to get something new.
Would love to have enough room to keep it... Great game.

Its a great game but I've played it alot and when the next pin comes out thats a must have she will go. Like Law if I had the room and funds to keep every game I probably would.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just traded my Maiden Premium for a Dialed In LE. Two completely different types of games and my first JJP title (it's built like a tank!).
When I first set my Premium up (NIB) and played my first several games, I honestly felt 'meh'. Decent music, amazing art, amazing lighting, great sound effects and good code, but the upper flipper shots never felt intuitive to me. I didn't 'connect' with the playfield layout I guess. My games were always playing out the same where:
- Hated FOI
- Could do well on FOTD
Lots of times I shot the left orbit with the upper right flipper and instead of the ball going around the loop, it just hit the ball guide and rolled back down. I think if you hit the loop shot too high it does that. Nevertheless I could never loop that sucker like some others probably can. Upper left flipper to the orbit or super jackpot shot were always a guess. I never had it figured out for some reason.
My favorite shot was the left ramp and I really liked loading the ball lock and getting the tomb awards.
Maybe I'll regret it later, who knows. Sometimes it's easy to second guess yourself when deciding to sell or trade a game. Now take a game like BM66 and my experience with that was completely different. I enjoy that game immensely! I never had the same level of pure fun with Iron Maiden that I have with BM66. But, different strokes for different folks I guess.
Rob

Smart trade.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Smart trade.

Agreed!

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

- Hated FOI
- Could do well on FOTD
Rob

Having owned both, I’d do the same thing. I love Maiden’s music, thought the machine had some neat stuff in it, but just couldn’t get into the gameplay. I knew it as soon as I got it home, but kept trying to get into it for 4 or 5 months. Dialed In got daily play immediately through the day I decided to change the lineup

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just traded my Maiden Premium for a Dialed In LE. Two completely different types of games and my first JJP title (it's built like a tank!).....
Rob

Not thinking of selling my IMDN, but thinking about getting a DI to put next to it.
How do you like it?

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Not thinking of selling my IMDN, but thinking about getting a DI to put next to it.
How do you like it?

Good mix

#96 4 years ago

How do you like it?

You're welcome to give mine a few plays.

#97 4 years ago

I sold my pro awhile back. But bought premium 5 mins later

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

all the modes felt the same

Could not possibly disagree with this more. The five main modes feel more differentiated than any other modern game I can think of, especially recent Sterns with all those interchangeable colored arrow modes.

Quoted from busa32927:

shots are over used you are just so bored of them by the end of the game. spinner orbit ramp pops etc etc etc

So it... makes you shoot the shots too much? Yeah, it's a good thing you sold it.

#99 4 years ago

How do you like it?

I have literally not even had time to properly play it yet. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Rob

2 months later
#100 4 years ago

A number of folks in this thread who chimed in before saying they didn’t sell Maiden have since sold Maiden.

With all the PF drama on new games, pooling vs thin clear, I’m considering adding a HUO Maiden instead of a NIB Elvira or Jurassic.

Anyone want to share their experiences & why the sold?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-did-you-sell-maiden/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.