65 days ago

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by Riffbear
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180716_210153 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 64 days ago

The only reason I traded Iron Maiden was because my bro had a mint condition White Water that was calling my name. Still considering another Iron Maiden!

#52 64 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Also, so many MB's. I like when MB's are rewarded based on great execution of the rules. Trooper MB is way too easy to get.

Trooper is easy the first time, but not after that.

Originally thought the same re the multiballs, but they've forced me to improve my multiball skills instead of just flailing around trying to keep the balls alive. If you don't play the multiball modes with control, you don't score. Pretty sure that's what Elwin intended.

Also agree its a longer playing game, but it is so well balanced that even a longish game gets you by the balls and doesn't let go until the end. There is almost no "down time" playing this game.

Not to mention call outs, animations, sound effects, lighting. All great.

#53 64 days ago

Maybe this thread should be titled -- Why didn't you sell Maiden?

#54 64 days ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Maybe this thread should be titled -- Why didn't you sell Maiden?

Yeah I decided to PM the OP of an archived marketplace ad to get the real deal

I may PM a few more but the very first answer confirmed my suspicions

The owners showing their Maiden love here is fine. I understand the excitement. It doesn’t answer my question but it’s fun banter.

#55 64 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

the very first answer confirmed my suspicions

Which were...…?

#56 64 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Which were...…?

Great game but constant adjusting required

#57 64 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

I might just be lucky but my Pro has required zero adjusting. It's been the most maintenance free game I've ever owned. I don't think I've even ever had a stuck ball.

#58 64 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

Quoted from MikeS:

I might just be lucky but my Pro has required zero adjusting. It's been the most maintenance free game I've ever owned. I don't think I've even ever had a stuck ball.

Same here, but seems to be the number one reason people sell.

#59 64 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That’s unsurprising actually

The troubled mechs are specific to the Premium/LE

I’m tempted to buy Munsters Premium & Maiden Pro

#60 64 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

That's what I'd do. The Premium Munsters in B&W looks awesome and the mini playfield really differentiates it and gives it something unique. The differences in Maiden are minor and more problematic than they're worth

#61 64 days ago

Thought it was a great pin. Owned the Pro. Flow was amazing. Art was great. Never really listened to Maiden growing up. A little before my time. Ended up selling for the simple fact I didn’t really care for the music. Can definitely grow on you though. If I was to get it again I’d go Premium. Dig the Egyptian Motif. Holla!

#62 64 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

Took me forever to adjust mine to where the stupid orb ball hit every time.
the auto launch wasn't any easier, it's still off sometimes (but hit's a 90% average)
luckily I never had issues with the mummy lock.

I didn't hear this complaint to much (maybe because other didn't notice or some games were fine)
the loops didn't register 100% of the time. I had to add spacers to the bottom of the loop optos.
I recently saw a kit for sale on one of the pinball sites for this issue.

#63 64 days ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

If I was to get it again I’d go Premium. Dig the Egyptian Motif. Holla!

You can get the Egyptian motif on the Pro too!

IMG_20180716_210153 (resized).jpg
#64 64 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yeah I decided to PM the OP of an archived marketplace ad to get the real deal
I may PM a few more but the very first answer confirmed my suspicions
The owners showing their Maiden love here is fine. I understand the excitement. It doesn’t answer my question but it’s fun banter.

Maybe it is just hard to find folks who didnt like their Maidnen, P Dub. If you keep hunting and searching you may find a couple more. GLWTH!

Look just buy a HUO IMDN once one comes up. HUO on a top 10 game is a safe bet. Pro is fine. Less features, but less features to mess with. MUN looks good also. Choices!

#65 64 days ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Took me forever to adjust mine to where the stupid orb ball hit every time.
the auto launch wasn't any easier, it's still off sometimes (but hit's a 90% average)
luckily I never had issues with the mummy lock.
I didn't hear this complaint to much (maybe because other didn't notice or some games were fine)
the loops didn't register 100% of the time. I had to add spacers to the bottom of the loop optos.
I recently saw a kit for sale on one of the pinball sites for this issue.

Your story is exactly what I worry about. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Maybe it is just hard to find folks who didnt like their Maidnen, P Dub. If you keep hunting and searching you may find a couple more. GLWTH!
Look just buy a HUO IMDN once one comes up. HUO on a top 10 game is a safe bet. Pro is fine. Less features, but less features to mess with. MUN looks good also. Choices!

I hear ya man. Pro seems to be less trouble/work & priced nicely. Maybe I will take your advice & buy a HUO one if a good price pops up.

#66 64 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This hobby seriously f*cks with your sanity and you do stuff you would never dream of doing in everyday life. But that's a topic for another thread.

A-f*ckn-men brother. When I sell a game; people freak out and are like OMG! OMG! why did you sell xxx pin, I thought you loved it!?! ...me: “cause I’m fucked in the head” - no other way to put it.

#67 64 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you’re looking for software flaws; you’re not going to find many with Maiden. It’s pretty darn solid. I am a little disappointed with the latest 1.06 code and the new aces high start, but besides that there really aren’t many things to complain about with the code.

I like the new Aces High. I always felt it took away away from the effect of Trooper MB in the past as it was basically just a 2 ball trooper
"begin the charge!"
Love it

Should add I have a pro. It required no work out of the box and auto launches correctly 95% of the time. I think I might have to adjust the gap on my skill shot switch but plays great.

#68 64 days ago

I’ve got an LE, plays perfectly after adjustments 6 mo ago. Maybe I got lucky—had to work on DILE and BM66 more. But I really enjoy getting them to work well. The Pro and Pre are great too. Good luck with your decision!

#69 64 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I like the new Aces High. I always felt it took away away from the effect of Trooper MB in the past as it was basically just a 2 ball trooper
"begin the charge!"
Love it
Should add I have a pro. It required no work out of the box and auto launches correctly 95% of the time. I think I might have to adjust the gap on my skill shot switch but plays great.

That’s a good point about differentiating the Trooper Start. That’s why i ask the question if it bothers others, cause I don’t know if it’s my OCD or what. I finally get my auto and manual plunger working 99.999% and it ‘seems’ like they pulled the ‘ol GOT PREM software fix on us with this new Aces High intro. I’ll just have to get over it really; still got the sweet Trooper, Rime, and other mb starts.

#70 63 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s a good point about differentiating the Trooper Start. That’s why i ask the question if it bothers others, cause I don’t know if it’s my OCD or what. I finally get my auto and manual plunger working 99.999% and it ‘seems’ like they pulled the ‘ol GOT PREM software fix on us with this new Aces High intro. I’ll just have to get over it really; still got the sweet Trooper, Rime, and other mb starts.

I like to imagine my shots a bit creatively though. To me, Trooper is the balls charging the field, mariner is is shooting down the albatross and the new aces high is like one balls is a fighter pilot doing a barrel roll over the other. My brain works in weird ways though

#71 63 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I like to imagine my shots a bit creatively though. To me, Trooper is the balls charging the field, mariner is is shooting down the albatross and the new aces high is like one balls is a fighter pilot doing a barrel roll over the other. My brain works in weird ways though

Your post is a reminder to us all that marijuana is legal in Canada

#72 63 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude it’s pinball! I can’t relate to people who buy a pinball machine expecting never to lift the playfield. It’s not a Toyota, it’s a Stern.

I love tinkering with my games almost as much as I like playing them.

And you know what makes a lady look at you with that special something in her eyes? Popping the glass and adjusting her captive balls...

Owning a pinball machine is like owning a boat. Of course the battery is going to be dead the first time you go to use it on your vacation - it’s a boat!

F*cking boats...

#73 62 days ago

Why did I sell Iron Maiden? I had my fun with it and was ready to get something else. I had a pro. Great game, but just had enough. I felt like I had plateaued, and wasn't getting much further into the game, and kept chopping wood to try and break through to other parts of the game.

I had problems with the auto-plunge. Some days it worked, most days it did not. It was very finicky. IMO, it has the best multiball start feature, and it was very dissatisfying when it didn't work. There were also some issues with the sound. sometimes it was very clear, and other times it was muddled. This would change mid game too so it isn't speaker quality, but something to do with the code.

I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, but the theme isn't much about the band and more about the Eddie Universe which I like. Little did I know that there is also a mobile game around Legacy of the Beast, and figurines for sale.

The music doesn't bother me and didn't really influence my decision to sell.

There doesn't have to be something wrong with a game for someone to want to sell it. I wouldn't put that much thought into it.

Buy one, play it until you're ready to move on, and enjoy the easy resale value.

#74 62 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Dude it’s pinball! I can’t relate to people who buy a pinball machine expecting never to lift the playfield. It’s not a Toyota, it’s a Stern.
And you know what makes a lady look at you with that special something in her eyes? Popping the glass and adjusting her captive balls...
Owning a pinball machine is like owning a boat. Of course the battery is going to be dead the first time you go to use it on your vacation - it’s a boat!
F*cking boats...

Dude, several mechs on this game could/should have been better implemented. I like tinkering as well, but IMDN Premium stands out as a PITA.

I've owned many games over the years and it's embarrassing that many of my B/W games require far less baby sitting than a recently produced Stern game. Remember what contributed to pinball's downfall? Operator maintenance costs! For an operator, a pinball shouldn't be a hobby! Paying skilled techs cost money and cuts into profits. Stern is building some great/fun games, but anyone that doesn't recognize their quality issues is sticking his/her head in the sand.

#75 62 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Dude, several mechs on this game could/should have been better implemented. I like tinkering as well, but IMDN Premium stands out as a PITA.
I've owned many games over the years and it's embarrassing that many of my B/W games require far less baby sitting than a recently produced Stern game. Remember what contributed to pinball's downfall? Operator maintenance costs! For an operator, a pinball shouldn't be a hobby! Paying skilled techs cost money and cuts into profits. Stern is building some great/fun games, but anyone that doesn't recognize their quality issues is sticking his/her head in the sand.

I think that’s a different thread.

Just saying you need to expect to be able to adjust a switch or whatever every once in awhile or maybe just go play video games or something that “just works”.

Plus I read that when the zombie-apocalypse comes people that can keep an IMDB LE playing well have a 60% higher chance of survival...

#76 62 days ago

I sold my Iron Maiden Pro so I could replace it with an Iron Maiden Premium. The game is one of the best ever.

#77 62 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

F*cking boats...

Some adjusting is fine.

Endless readjusting however is unwelcome.

If I want drama I will buy a Land Rover & STTNG.

#78 62 days ago

I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. The premium/LE does sound like some of the mech might be finicky. Not a deal breaker imo. I couldn't stop playing a premium at the local show last Fall. That was probably the most fun I had playing a new Stern. Problem is that I cannot find much to like with the theme, music, and art. Agree with comments about long ball times. Game is still super fun though. Love all the loops and 4 flippers. Really wish Stern will recycle the layout with better theme.

#79 62 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

Some adjusting is fine.
Endless readjusting however is unwelcome.
If I want drama I will buy a Land Rover & STTNG.

Lol. As a guy who routed an STTNG for a year recently maybe I'm suffering from a kind of pinball Stockholm Syndrome.

#80 62 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

F*cking boats...

I just had to upvote because of the comparison to a boat LOL. So true !

#81 62 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Lol. As a guy who routed an STTNG for a year recently maybe I'm suffering from a kind of pinball Stockholm Syndrome.

I'm sure glad that's gone

#82 62 days ago

To be fair to Iron Maiden, I didn't have any issues with my LE.
Only had to adjust a sling switch once on it.

Put the Cliffy's on it.
The shooter lane one keep moving and the ball would hang up on it.

Very minor stuff.

#83 61 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

I would reverse that and get a IMDM Premium and a Munsters pro. I dont think that lower playfield is going to be as big of a hit on Munsters as what a lot of people think its going to be. I'm going Pro on Munsters all the way.

#84 61 days ago
Quoted from PW79:

I like this plan. I think the FG/Shrek playfield was pretty cool, but Grandpa looks like it's on steroids.

Also the Premium mechs on Maiden add to the gameplay BUT they're unreliable. Poor choice of design. Maiden Pro is PLENTY fun.

#85 61 days ago

I’d play them first then decide.

1 week later
#86 53 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea, I guess I’m in the minority as I sold my Maiden....then realized the mistake I made, and bought another right back a month later its a fantastic game.

A guy in OZ did the same thing, tho he re bought an LE days later!

Simple fix... buy both games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 69.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 50.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cincinnati, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clearwater, FL
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside